New IMAC

littlerock

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well IMAC fans, here is a preseason update for you guys on Morristown West.

The Lady Trojans traveled to Nashville Saturday morning and played in the Hillsboro playday.

West beat Cookeville, Smyrna and Franklin County by 20-plus points before their showdown with defending state champion Hillsboro in the final game of the day.

On the home floor of the Burros, the Lady Trojans not only beat Hillsboro, but they completely ran them out of the gym. West won by 29 over the defending champs on their own floor. That is called a statement, not just to the IMAC but to the state.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Taylor Hall had missed practice on Thursday and Friday due to illness, and she played Saturday at less than 100-percent in the games.

This team has a very, very good chance of bringing home a gold ball from Murfreesboro in March.

Mo West beat Oak Ridge by double digits and then Heritage by 2. Heritage zoned them and made Shelby and Megan shoot it. Great plan!

Seymour, Jefferson County were at Heritage too.

yes i went to see mo. west. they soundly beat oak ridge and played down against heritage. looked like they got bored against heritage. what i saw was heritage shoot something like 60 free throws and west no more than 6. heritage plays them 20 times they might keep it close in one of those. if they have that same officiating crew!!

Come on! Got bored playing Heritage? Did they get bored playing South Greene last year and then again playing Powell in the tournament? Heritage played ZONE (less fouls)! Mo West presses you and mans you (more fouls). Give other teams credit when they play well and have a good plan. Goodness knows everyone praises Mo West enough, and rightfully so. They are extremely talented and play hard. However, if the refs were against Mo West they would have T'd up the Mo West player when she cussed after a late call against her. I was on the baseline, heard it and heard the ref rebuke her instead of T'ing her like he should have-could have. Heritage would have won the game after the fouls shots, T foul shots, and possession. Mo West is better without a doubt. Heritage played well and had a good game plan. Period.