New IMAC

littlerock

I give Seymour and their coach a lot of credit. They are the first team this year that West has played that kept the tempo of the game as slow as they possibly could, and dropped back into a zone to help control the boards, and they did a good job of rebounding. Every other team this year has thought they could run with West and that is why they have scored between 75 and 85 points a game. Seymour held them to 59.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News flash..... West is good! lol. They just methodically put it to Seymour. Beat Seymour 59-26. West shot the ball very well. Seymour only shot 2 for 20 from 3 point line.

I was there tonight to call the game on the radio, and I must say I really enjoyed the experience. The atmosphere of the gym is great. Credit to Andy Rines and Brian Jessie. Both Seymour teams played strong, solid games.

Just wanted to give some more gratitude to the administration at Seymour, especially Charlie and Gary Householder. First class all the way! Thanks for the hospitality.

I give Seymour and their coach a lot of credit. They are the first team this year that West has played that kept the tempo of the game as slow as they possibly could, and dropped back into a zone to help control the boards, and they did a good job of rebounding. Every other team this year has thought they could run with West and that is why they have scored between 75 and 85 points a game. Seymour held them to 59.
Great job Seymour, you also managed to score the least amount of points scored against West this year (26). West won the game by 33 points against that great game plan bballrebounder. Cherokee only lost to West by 32 so I guess they should get a round of applause also.

I think the point was that Seymour did a good job at slowing the tempo, which made it a lower scoring game. It was probably good for West to play at that pace, because you have to win all different ways in order to win a championship, and they obviously did. From what I heard, it was pretty close until late in the second quarter and then West blew it open. I don't think Seymour stalled. They just were patient on offense and did a good job rebounding. All that did was keep them closer for a little bit longer than most other teams, but West is too good for any of that to matter very much.

I'm not sure that any strategy will work against West. They have too many weapons and can score in so many different ways.

Great job Seymour, you also managed to score the least amount of points scored against West this year (26). West won the game by 33 points against that great game plan bballrebounder. Cherokee only lost to West by 32 so I guess they should get a round of applause also.

Mobuck, Good job in being humble in victory.

It was 26-9 at halftime. Seymour did not stall. They avg just over 43 ppg. That is their style. They just couldn't hit anything. Seymour was 8/24 from the field, 2/20 from 3pt, and only shot 8 foul shots. I don't know what West shot but they didn't miss many. They played and shot great. Taylor Hall didn't even hit rim!

Mobuck, what Seymour did was keep the score down and give themselves a chance to be in it late. Just couldn't hit a shot.

SHS1, I do not support morristown west at all, so I was not being humble in victory! panther2332 I find your post to be very accurate and intelligent I assume you are a Seymour fan but notice that you are not at all bias and give credit where credit is due! Agree that no one in the IMAC has any game plan that will earn them a victory against the Trojans this year, they are just that good!

So far this year I have seen Cocke County, Morristown East and West, Sevier County, Jefferson County, and Cherokee play and it looks like most of the pre-season predictions are holding true. Morristown West is still the obviously the favorite to win the conference and make a deep run into the state tournament this year, and Cocke County has also impressed me also so far. Morristown East is MUCH improved from the past few years and I think will keep on getting better as the year progresses. 3rd place will come down to East and Jefferson County-who has played pretty well as a whole so far, but has been in some tight games, but it doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 100 a win is a win is a win! I haven't seen Seymour or South Doyle this year but if Seymour is anything like the team they had last season then I think it could just as easily be them playing either Jeff or East for 3rd place. From what I understand from talking to some of the South Doyle fans they don't have too much this year, but it would be hard for them to be any more down than Sevier County is this season-I haven't seen them this down in as long as I can remember!

I know Cocke County and West are playing in the Ladies Classic, are any other teams playing in any holiday tournaments? If so, when and where?

I have watched Morristown West play every game this year, even the games during summer camp and the pre-season scrimmages, and besides only once or twice, they have won every game by at least 25 points, and most of them were by 40. Seymour, obviously, did not shoot very well, but they did what they needed to do to keep West from running away from them. If Seymour was shooting as well as they have before, it would have been much closer. I think somtimes people get so caught up in the explosive offense of West that they sometimes look over the intense pressure they put on teams with their defense. I thought Seymour had a good game plan, they just didn't shoot very well and the defense of West had a lot to do with that.

By the way Guru, West is not playing in the Greeneville Classic, they are going to Phoenix for the Nike Tournament of Champions.

I don't mean to say that Seymour wins last night if they shot well. I mean we did lose by 33 points, which is embarassing. But, they would have been it it in the second half if they had shot a reasonable percentage. The girls play really good defense. Our scores are low because we walk it up but we also make the other team work a while for a good shot. West can only lose in the District if they play terrible AND are in early foul trouble. They are the clear favorite to run the table. I think Cocke County, East, Jeff County, and Seymour could finish anywhere from 2-5. Cherokee and maybe Sevier County (if they are hot) could even jump up into 4th or 5th.

I've seen every team in the conference except Sevier and the Lady Trojans seem to be in a class by themselves. I don't have anyone playing and never have had so I have no horse in this race and who beats who or by how much doesn't mean a thing to me. But I can't help but wonder how good the Lady Trojans will be if Taylor or Sydney get hurt when they're out there playing the last minute of a 35 or 40 point game. I know the concept is that anybody can get hurt at any time but why take the chance when there's a possible state tournament run out there for a team this good.

I've seen every team in the conference except Sevier and the Lady Trojans seem to be in a class by themselves. I don't have anyone playing and never have had so I have no horse in this race and who beats who or by how much doesn't mean a thing to me. But I can't help but wonder how good the Lady Trojans will be if Taylor or Sydney get hurt when they're out there playing the last minute of a 35 or 40 point game. I know the concept is that anybody can get hurt at any time but why take the chance when there's a possible state tournament run out there for a team this good.

West has played 9 - 11 players in all of their games this year. When the starters come out, they will eventually come back in, but that is the way it is supposed to be. This is not AYSO or the Upwards program where everyone gets to play. Personal statistics and points matter in every game that is played. To many of these girls, this level of basketball is just as important as the next.