Catholic @ Farragut

Irish423

Haha i love it. All these Catholic fans try to make this a win-win situation for them. "If Farragut only wins by 7-10, yall look dumb" uhh, last time i checked, i'd rather win by 1 than get beat by 1. I love how yall try to give Catholic excuses to fall back on when they lose. When Farragut wins, yall will be moaning and groaning about the refs, school sizes, the air in the footballs, and whatever else yall can think of.

And don't act like Catholic has played a good schedule. Rhea Co??? Man, tough. Farragut's offense through 2 games has been a makeshift offense and they've already put up near 1,000 yards of offense in two games.

Allvol, you are an idiot. If someone were to look it up, Farragut probably has alot more D-1 players than Catholic does right now. Yall can go on and on about Farragut players who didn't get to play cuz of off the field issues (Saunders, Sterling) but i would love to see who yalls supposed "D-1 Studs" are. And please, please, please dont say Harrison Smith. He plays for Notre Dame for God's sake (they lost to Syracuse last year, enough said).

This was exactly the kind of post I was referring to when I said you reflected poorly on Farragut. Fortunately, I'm well aware that most Farragut fans are not like you.

Cry me a river, man. I don't even go to Farragut so how do i reflect on them? Your post was just like many Catholic fans. Crybabies. When things don't go your way or someone says something bad about Catholic, you act like the sky is falling. It's hilarious really.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.k. back to the game. Farragut does have some play makers but Lee really hasn't done much at receiver this year he played a couple playes there the first game and had one long catch with Brown not 100% and I know Browning is working the rust off but looked pretty good last week for his for true game back. Purty has done a really really good job this year running the ball and Lee has done a great job running the offense to. Those two are a pretty good looking one two bunch when they are in the back field together. It was really good to see David Allen get involved in the passing game last week but he took a pretty good shot on his touch down catch how is he doing from this is he good to go tomorrow night to me that will be a big plus if he can and help take the pressure off Lee so you can get those two in the game together at receiver hard to beat. The o-line likes better but they are young and the freshman has done a pretty good job this year but I think this will be a big test for them this week against a big Catholic team. The defense still needs to improve on pass covers and there LB's looked better in the second half against OR. They need to get a little more pass rush up front didn't do much against OR. I know coach Courtney and that defense of coaches will have them ready to play. I really want to see Catholic running back they have plus they have a very good QB to. They are a big team up front from what I here on both sides of the ball. This will be a very good game and if Farragut starts out slow like the last two games could be interesting Catholic wants to show everyone they belong with the big boys. Can't wait.

ok, noles, let's try to be positive. When Lee isn't subbing at QB he's double covered. That's ok, though, cause it opens other receivers like Allen, Gibson, Urevick, et. al. And BTW, Carlos' photo clearly shows his reception in the end zone last week was in bounds. The o-line, young as it is, has done a great job so far in allowing superb rushing from the backfield. The defense just needed a minor adjustment to cover the short passes across the middle at OR -stopped 'em cold after the first series. Admittedly, the Ads need to come out fired up but don't think that subject hasn't been addressed this week!

Haha i love it. All these Catholic fans try to make this a win-win situation for them. "If Farragut only wins by 7-10, yall look dumb" uhh, last time i checked, i'd rather win by 1 than get beat by 1. I love how yall try to give Catholic excuses to fall back on when they lose. When Farragut wins, yall will be moaning and groaning about the refs, school sizes, the air in the footballs, and whatever else yall can think of.

And don't act like Catholic has played a good schedule. Rhea Co??? Man, tough. Farragut's offense through 2 games has been a makeshift offense and they've already put up near 1,000 yards of offense in two games.

Allvol, you are an idiot. If someone were to look it up, Farragut probably has alot more D-1 players than Catholic does right now. Yall can go on and on about Farragut players who didn't get to play cuz of off the field issues (Saunders, Sterling) but i would love to see who yalls supposed "D-1 Studs" are. And please, please, please dont say Harrison Smith. He plays for Notre Dame for God's sake (they lost to Syracuse last year, enough said).

This was exactly the kind of post I was referring to when I said you reflected poorly on Farragut. Fortunately, I'm well aware that most Farragut fans are not like you.

Cry me a river, man. I don't even go to Farragut so how do i reflect on them? Your post was just like many Catholic fans. Crybabies. When things don't go your way or someone says something bad about Catholic, you act like the sky is falling. It's hilarious really.

Then change your name from The Farragut University since you have nothing to do with Farragut. I did go to Farragut and I really don't want to here this. I really don't here the Catholic fans saying anything just you.

O.k. back to the game. Farragut does have some play makers but Lee really hasn't done much at receiver this year he played a couple playes there the first game and had one long catch with Brown not 100% and I know Browning is working the rust off but looked pretty good last week for his for true game back. Purty has done a really really good job this year running the ball and Lee has done a great job running the offense to. Those two are a pretty good looking one two bunch when they are in the back field together. It was really good to see David Allen get involved in the passing game last week but he took a pretty good shot on his touch down catch how is he doing from this is he good to go tomorrow night to me that will be a big plus if he can and help take the pressure off Lee so you can get those two in the game together at receiver hard to beat. The o-line likes better but they are young and the freshman has done a pretty good job this year but I think this will be a big test for them this week against a big Catholic team. The defense still needs to improve on pass covers and there LB's looked better in the second half against OR. They need to get a little more pass rush up front didn't do much against OR. I know coach Courtney and that defense of coaches will have them ready to play. I really want to see Catholic running back they have plus they have a very good QB to. They are a big team up front from what I here on both sides of the ball. This will be a very good game and if Farragut starts out slow like the last two games could be interesting Catholic wants to show everyone they belong with the big boys. Can't wait.

ok, noles, let's try to be positive. When Lee isn't subbing at QB he's double covered. That's ok, though, cause it opens other receivers like Allen, Gibson, Urevick, et. al. And BTW, Carlos' photo clearly shows his reception in the end zone last week was in bounds. The o-line, young as it is, has done a great job so far in allowing superb rushing from the backfield. The defense just needed a minor adjustment to cover the short passes across the middle at OR -stopped 'em cold after the first series. Admittedly, the Ads need to come out fired up but don't think that subject hasn't been addressed this week!

Not saying Lee didn't catch the ball but if you rewatch the game like I did it was close and the unsportsman call didn't help much either after that. Look at the passing yards against DB (4-7 92 yards) not even a hundred yards and DB had alot of missed tackles in that game at to be 2 -0. Did you go to the first game with DB Allen didn't have a catch. OR game 16-34 159 Allen had 6-106 yards, Gibson 1-5 yards, Urcuich 3 for -3 yards and Lee did not have a catch. I am not saying they are not doing good they are just Purty is going a good job after contact with getting more yards. With the o-line not much offense early in the last two game 2-0 and 0-7 and did not score till half time. Not saying anything against DB and OR but not a good football team like Catholic, Marville, Bearden with these games coming up. I think putting Lee and Purty in the back field together is a good idea. Lee is a good player and you do want to get the ball in his hands and thats what they did against OR what 70 yard TD. Defense is doing good but they still need to turn it up this week DB got down there close a few times and OR did move them ball till after half time. The opening kick off Purty run back was big there. I think offense will come you just can not think Reese is going to just come in and light it up after what he has gone thru. He is a tough kid he will make plays at QB.

im lookin for atleast 3 sacks or interceptions. browning is too big of a kid to run from catholics quick line causing him to get rid of the ball in a hurry. van dyne will be held tight by catholics raw secondary. farraguts line has size but is inexperienced (only 1 returning starter) and will not be able to compete with the size speed and experience of the irish. dont get me wrong farragut has two good backs out of purty and hudson but running up the middle every time wont cut it in this game. watch for that cofart kid to have a big game for the irish

im lookin for atleast 3 sacks or interceptions. browning is too big of a kid to run from catholics quick line causing him to get rid of the ball in a hurry. van dyne will be held tight by catholics raw secondary. farraguts line has size but is inexperienced (only 1 returning starter) and will not be able to compete with the size speed and experience of the irish. dont get me wrong farragut has two good backs out of purty and hudson but running up the middle every time wont cut it in this game. watch for that cofart kid to have a big game for the irish

Farragut fan trying to give his team bulletin board material or extremely overconfident Irish fan?

"The farragut university"- you are a joke. Not even your own side likes you.

AllVol- I don't know what to say about you. I mean it seems like you support catholic. haha

FSUnoles- thank you for the preview, I appreciate hearing about the team. Hopefully a good year for the Noles too :popcorneater:

donthateappreciate- I think that is the biggest advantage for KC. They are fast. Everywhere, they are fast. And I assume the "Cofart kid" will have a good game. He looks great in the spread.

I'm just glad I wont have to watch that Pemberton Wing-Bone, Wing-T, Flex-Bone, T-Bone, whatever for an entire game. 4 yards and a cloud of dust makes for brutal viewing (not slighting it's success, just hard to watch). I think skill-wise both teams are fairly even. Both lines and special teams are where the breaks will be found. I know Farragut works very hard on special teams every day, and I think keeping KCHS pinned deep and making them drive the length of the field is very important. Especially since KCHS has changed their offense since preseason. I'm assuming that they didn't just change for the Rhea Co. game to throw Farragut off.

I am headed to the game tonight. Should be a huge crowd for two #1's. (Farragut in 6A and Catholic in 5A).

For all the talk this week, I still think both teams will come out and try to establish a running game. The team that does that has a chance to control the clock, which is vital in a close game. The other ket, as always, is turnover margin. The Farragut offense seems a little more "traditional" and less likely to turn it over, so I am going Farragut 24 Catholic 20.

I think Farragut takes this game, they're offense will step up and the defense will continue to play good. What sort of passing game does Catholic have? If Farragut just keys on Cozart and stopping the run, it will force Catholic to be 1 dimensional and i'm confident their secondary is good enough to shut down Catholic's passing game and get some turnovers as well. Farragut should come out and establish the run first and foremost. Purty has improved greatly since last season and you can see it in his footwork, strength, agility, and vision that wasn't as prominent last year. The running game should open the passing game and i see Farragut winning this one 34-16.

I think Farragut takes this game, they're offense will step up and the defense will continue to play good. What sort of passing game does Catholic have? If Farragut just keys on Cozart and stopping the run, it will force Catholic to be 1 dimensional and i'm confident their secondary is good enough to shut down Catholic's passing game and get some turnovers as well. Farragut should come out and establish the run first and foremost. Purty has improved greatly since last season and you can see it in his footwork, strength, agility, and vision that wasn't as prominent last year. The running game should open the passing game and i see Farragut winning this one 34-16.

Then you play into Coach Meadows hand, it would appear with the change in offensive schemes, he wants to throw, that's why they got away from the wing bone offense. Anyway I don't see a blowout by either team. It will be a close game no matter how much the Farragut fans believe Catholic is finally playing the "big boys", KCHS has played in big games and won't be rattled. Don't get any bigger than playing Fulton or their true rival, Webb. I'm sure the Irish are excited about finally playing a team like the Admirals and Bearden, too bad it took a multiplier and the TSSAA to arrange the game.