Catholic @ Farragut

Irish423

rigger, you are looking like me with all that state championship stuff. I'm glad I had an influence on someone? haha,

but I think what Rigger is trying to get at... correct me when I'm wrong, is that Farragut succeeds at everything it does. Some other schools only succeed a few times in their whole history at 1 maybe 2 things, and they think they are great for it. Farragut having all the championships that it has, has them in many, many different sports, where as "powers" such as Maryville and Catholic have them in only a handful of things. Farragut is more rounded than other schools. They win at every sport. Not always championships, but clearly with 32 of the them, they win championships in more sports than most other schools. Farragut doesn't have a football championship, but that doesn't make them a terrible team.

edit.. also I think Farragut should have 33. I didn't see Boy's Golf on the list. I think they won last year did they not?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote="ihavenofriendzz"]rigger, you are looking like me with all that state championship stuff. I'm glad I had an influence on someone? haha,

but I think what Rigger is trying to get at... correct me when I'm wrong, is that Farragut succeeds at everything it does. Some other schools only succeed a few times in their whole history at 1 maybe 2 things, and they think they are great for it. Farragut having all the championships that it has, has them in many, many different sports, where as "powers" such as Maryville and Catholic have them in only a handful of things. Farragut is more rounded than other schools. They win at every sport. Not always championships, but clearly with 32 of the them, they win championships in more sports than most other schools. Farragut doesn't have a football championship, but that doesn't make them a terrible team.

edit.. also I think Farragut should have 33. I didn't see Boy's Golf on the list. I think they won last year did they not?

Hate to bust your bubble but I've been on that since 2004. :twisted: I think the kids at Farragut don't understand that winning State championshsips is the exception instead of the rule. When my son was there he knew every year they had a chance to be State Champs in Soccer and CC. In Wrestling they had a State Champ every year on Avg.

My youngest finished off at Hendersonville which is a great School but is not even close to Farragut in the overall sports. Farragut, OR, DB are in a class of their own.

Oh yeah those 3 have good football teams most years. I'm sure OR will put their # of football State Championships against KCHS. :roflol:

Hate to bust your bubble but I've been on that since 2004. :twisted: I think the kids at Farragut don't understand that winning State championshsips is the exception instead of the rule. When my son was there he knew every year they had a chance to be State Champs in Soccer and CC. In Wrestling they had a State Champ every year on Avg.

My youngest finished off at Hendersonville which is a great School but is not even close to Farragut in the overall sports. Farragut, OR, DB are in a class of their own.

Oh yeah those 3 have good football teams most years. I'm sure OR will put their # of football State Championships against KCHS. :lol:

Well then, I suppose I stand corrected. I guess I just sound like you when I say that stuff. Never seems to get the point across though does it? Especially not in football where Farragut has a big 0. :roflol:

Once again if you can't make it to the game or can't watch the tv. You can watch the game

LIVE TONIGHT http://farragutfootball.com/ws_affiliate_player_09.htm if you follow that link. You can also watch Farragut's 2 previous games as well.

I am totally impressed with Catholic. They have an awesome offense. I'm not sure Farragut will be able to stop them. Farragut may have to just hope they can outscore them.

One question though.

How in the world with a school as small as Catholic, 600 something students, are they getting so many kids with huge size on the line of scrimmage. That is just ridiculous. They have more kids 240+ lbs. than Farragut and Oak Ridge put together. You can't tell me that they aren't doing some serious recruiting in order to have a team that is as big as a college team. The TSSAA ought to be investigating stuff like that.