Signal Mtn @ Lookout Valley

RiverCityRage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, you just another signal hater, just like the majority of people last year that said signal would never win even at jv with no seniors , then they go 10-0 blowing people off feild.

They may have beaten our 9th and 10th graders (who had never practiced any as a team and we only had about 15 kids) but by no means did their almost varsity team (that practiced daily just like a varsity team) blow them off the field. Should be an interesting game

I think the only way Signal scores in the first quarter is by trickery. LV will hold their own, but may fall due to depth. Good luck to both teams. And Signal.. be careful what you say on the radio to the public.

Like the fan and/or parent last year who was convinced the team had just pounded Ridgeland's varsity, and pretty much told the hosts they were liars for saying that wasn't who SM had beaten?

SM is full of kids from SM. Historically you wouldn’t know because before the school was built these SM kids divided and went to schools all over Hamilton County. Heck there are still SM kids starting in all sports at most privates and still a few at Red Bank.

Now this year Signal Mountain is paired with Howard just like Sale Creek is. So any kid zoned for Howard could have gone to either of these schools. I'm really not sure if either school had any takers or not. But if we keep winning they might come next year. Heck you never know there might be people that move into the Howard zone just so they can attend to SM or Sale Creek.

Next year the SM enrolment will be up a little because the Junior class is about 15-20 more than the Senior class. After that I couldn’t tell you. I do know after next year there will be another assessment on the size before the next two year football bid. So don’t worry if SM grows with all the transfers from Howard we will be moved up.

Signal has more talent and depth than either Marion or SP. I saw them play week 0. They are a really good team. I won't surprise me if they go undefeated with the talent they have. SP is 1A in playoffs so if they lose to Signal oh well, but Jasper is 2A so they are the ones that should be worried. It won't cost SP much if they lose to Signal. Do I think SP can beat Signal? Yes. Do I think they will? Who knows, it should be a good game when that time comes.

Oh yea Signal by whatever they want in this one.

not sure how good this game is gonna be haven seen lookout this year an signal mountin i see very little chance of u goin 10-0 this year or 9-1 unless u scheduled copper basin 7 times (south pitt will handle u how they please)

I dont know about handle you how they please...It will be a tough game for the pirates and even though I do see SP winning I do not think it will be a runaway

Signal mountain has a ton of athletes, all ages!

all live on signal mountain and all have been investigated just like other people in the school. the zoning people are very serious about this.

and any student that wants to move so they can go and play sports at a better school they have the right.

aka, ((maryville)) for a while!

although right now that is not the case, all the players are from signal.