Smith Co / Livingston Academy

owls32

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We shall see. I think this is a first. The owls manhood has been called to the forefront. I hope some of the players get wind of this. Thanks for a little extra motivation

I wouldn't think that the SC players need any motivation to get up for any game. Especially something said by a 3rd party on coachT.

Hey Chair: I know you are familar with the SC program - last night on Sports Nuts, Coach Maynord was concerned about the size of the line of LA, both offense and defense, and the smoothness of the option LA runs. LA has some physical players with speed. I look for a good game tomorrodw night.

SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We shall see. I think this is a first. The owls manhood has been called to the forefront. I hope some of the players get wind of this. Thanks for a little extra motivation

I wouldn't think that the SC players need any motivation to get up for any game. Especially something said by a 3rd party on coachT.

Hey Chair: I know you are familar with the SC program - last night on Sports Nuts, Coach Maynord was concerned about the size of the line of LA, both offense and defense, and the smoothness of the option LA runs. LA has some physical players with speed. I look for a good game tomorrodw night.

Could be a real good game depending on if the Cats can control the clock. In other words keep Johnston and Co. off the field as much as possible. The Owls O can score from anywhere and very quickly. LA can't afford to get in a shootout with the OWLS. I also think a lot of people have slightly overlooked the Owl DEE. Though not big or fast (or should I say small and slow :twisted: ) they play as a unit and are usually in position to make the play. It's close to game time and I am anxious to see a physical game.

I won't go as far as soft, but other than the last drive our offense was not very physical against Gordonsville. JMHO

:twisted:

I chalk it up as playing scared. I won't say soft or scared to hit and play. Scared of making a mistake. Playing to keep from doing something to lose the game, not doing something to win it. They usually play physical and I would expect nothing less than a physical game come Friday.

That would be my thoughts about playing "soft"..so far anyway.

I won't go as far as soft, but other than the last drive our offense was not very physical against Gordonsville. JMHO

:twisted:

I chalk it up as playing scared. I won't say soft or scared to hit and play. Scared of making a mistake. Playing to keep from doing something to lose the game, not doing something to win it. They usually play physical and I would expect nothing less than a physical game come Friday.

Termite I agree - practice is so intense at times that players are a little "tight" as to do exactly what the coaches say. 110% effort is given and the players don't want to make a single mistake, or as you say, cause a loss.

:bored:

Termite I agree - practice is so intense at times that players are a little "tight" as to do exactly what the coaches say. 110% effort is given and the players don't want to make a single mistake, or as you say, cause a loss.

Scoot, I believe with as many Srs that start...Johnston-Silva-Shafer-Tongate-Smith-Gibbs-Bray-Denny-Vance on offense alone, that they didn't want to be the Sr group that ended the streak against G-ville.Especially against kids that at one time went to SC and kids they are pretty close to. They played tight. You didn't see that against Cheatham, but Cheatham wasn't world beaters either. I think the coaches will have them ready. And if things don't get better in a couple of areas, other "adjustments" may be made.With Ponder hurt,looks like Vance will play a lot at nose, I'm not sure who else, maybe Gibbs. Looked like Vance clogged up the middle a little in the 2nd half against G-ville. If Silva can't go...who gets the nod?? Frazier, Scurlock, somebody else?? Who has been working there this week??