Sullivan South @ Daniel Boone.

WaCoJaC0

Sanders is a good running back. Jenkins doesn't play the politics. If you put forth the effort and time then you will get playing time. He ran at least 4 running backs Friday against Cherokee, the one that stood out was Sanders. I wont take any thing away from Shropshire, Shepherd or Barker they are just as good and had just as good of runs. To me if you have that many options along with two junior Quarterbacks, you are blessed. In the past we had one threat (Mitch Masters one year, Sky Hicks another) stop them and you have stopped Boone. This year I think if we can stop South from throwing we stand to have a great year. Good luck to South and my deepest sympathy for your loss. Boone Pride!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone and South is usually always a hard fought clean game. I expect nothing less this year. That Playoff game at South a few years back was a great game. Its usually a battle in the trenches with these two teams and Boone has a good stable of running backs again it looks like. I know they played both QBs in Jamboree are they still playing both in games?

I am not sure that Boone has the depth they have had in years past and South has a lot of players that get playing time. I think that might hurt Boone in 2nd half and South will be able to wear them down and take the win. I will throw out South 28-14 but the Trailblazers could pull a upset if the Rebels aren't careful. Boone always has great fan support along with South so I expect it to be another Great Crowd at Boone Friday Night. I am looking forward to the game.

Go Rebels!

I saw the JV game with Boone on Monday. If the freshman running back is #43, he is quick but really small. He ran kicks pretty well after fumbling around some and cutting across the grain. Really don't think the varsity is going to let him get around the corners and no way will he be running up the gut.

Boone JV was out sized, out ran and generally out played. Don't know a thing about the varsity, but hope this is a good sign for the Rebels.

I believe it was 35 to 6.

That's the score I'll predict, with the starters out most of 2nd half.

ps Austin kicked it very well.

I saw the JV game with Boone on Monday. If the freshman running back is #43, he is quick but really small. He ran kicks pretty well after fumbling around some and cutting across the grain. Really don't think the varsity is going to let him get around the corners and no way will he be running up the gut.

Boone JV was out sized, out ran and generally out played. Don't know a thing about the varsity, but hope this is a good sign for the Rebels.

I believe it was 35 to 6.

That's the score I'll predict, with the starters out most of 2nd half.

ps Austin kicked it very well.

Stacy started pulling the Seniors after halftime last year. It was a new tactic. I didn't like it at the time because it infringed on the numbers the '08 Seniors had a chance to put up. But even then I could see the positive reinforcement from game to game. It make all the difference in the world for many. Aaron, Brent Hubbard, Seth...just the whole second team offense. And the evidence is visible now. It was a good thing. It will be especially good this season if he gets that chance because there is a great many Soph's that are future stars...they just need reps. Those opportunities will be few but I hope he continues his strategy.

Not that I'm calling out the nutballs, but have you noticed how no one has seen the WACO Sr. since Friday?

WONDER WHY?! I bet he's taken to the bed at him mama's house. Bless it.

Shall we do a collective 'Om' for him? OK, no.

I have posted once on a South thread since Jake Logue passed away, and that was to express my condolences. I've stayed off the South threads with the sillyness out of respect for Jake and the entire South family. I was hoping you would do the same but I guess not. I might be back next year but you'll be long gone by then. Good luck to South against Boone. Bring another win back to Kingsport. :twisted:

Not that I'm calling out the nutballs, but have you noticed how no one has seen the WACO Sr. since Friday?

WONDER WHY?! I bet he's taken to the bed at him mama's house. Bless it.

Shall we do a collective 'Om' for him? OK, no.

I have posted once on a South thread since Jake Logue passed away, and that was to express my condolences. I've stayed off the South threads with the sillyness out of respect for Jake and the entire South family. I was hoping you would do the same but I guess not. I might be back next year but you'll be long gone by then. Good luck to South against Boone. Bring another win back to Kingsport. :bored:

Very well said WaCoJaCo and thank you for your consideration. :bored: Me thinks that some people just love to draw attention to themselves dry.gif

WOW what a game tonight as South pulls it out in Overtime 35-28. Everyone in the conference better take notice! Daniel Boone has a tough Defense and over all a very young but great football team.

Congrats to the Daniel Boone team you all played one heck of a football game. Big thanks to Fans at Daniel Boone as always a class act and 54 at Midfield is a classy touch. Goodluck to the Blazers!

I can see them being in fight for the conference championship and playoff birth this year.

Thats for sure.

It's going to be difficult for GC to handle them. We faced the spread last week, and will see it again this week. However, Richlands and Tazewell don't run it as well as South. It's going to be great having them visit our place regardless of the outcome.

Just so I'm not guilty of hijacking this thread, I've seen South a couple of times in pre-season but was wondering what Boone has.

Quincy, Boone always in the past has had plenty of talent year in year out. And they faired well in the 5 Rivers conference. Many years being the front runner or just a step behind. But when they come up against South they seem to choke. They seem to have a spoilers group this year and might very well be the one to spoil the Rebels. Greeneville pounded Jakes vacated spot intent on taking advantage of our new recruit. You can't blame them...they were just playing the game the most effecient way they know how. Boone will do the same. Coach Jenkins lives by film. He will watch it until he finds a weakness and will game plan to exploit that weakness. Greeneville gave the St. way too much time in the pocket. Boone will not let that happen. Greeneville was worried about the South running game. Jenkins will concentrate on the air game. He will blitz and double team and force us to the running game. He does not believe Bobeye can run wild on his D. He knows that while our mentality is tender a two score lead will put us on our knees and all will be done. That's his game plan. To get two scores up on us early, to blitz, and double team Z. He will deal with the run when it happens. Should be an interesting game.

Well Mr. Jenkins did blitz. He did put up two scores. And he did force us to go to our running game. What running game? So...we are still not ready to move forward. We got lucky tonight. Our luck will run out very soon. So they need more time...that's all. This will have to happen on their terms when they are ready. Period. We must give them that.

Daniel Boone played lights out. They had 9 two way players. They were tapped. If they had just a few more athletes we could not have pulled it out. They will trap someone this year. Their QB...great athlete.

Rebels...we know how much you miss him. Thanks Mom and Dad for being there! You two are invincible.

I hope Dillon and Ty are OK. Way to step up Ethan.

Aaron...you have so much on your shoulders, you have a whole community whispering, "You can do this Aaron". For what it's worth, I believe in the Saint. Rebel Nation.