Brentwood v. Oakland

MidTennFootball

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland is just too solid. Will hand Brentwood their first lost. I did not like what I saw on the side of Brentwood last night up until late in the game.

I think when you dealing with teenage kids its should not surprise when a team looks great one week and shaky the next.

Two former Riverdale coaches going at it.

This game has so much to do with match-ups. In this case it will be team speed and strength vs. strength and preparation. Not saying Oaktown will not be prepared but B-wood relies more on preparation and schemes to get the match-ups in there favor. I wish I could be there but I will be across town on a recruiting visit.

My prediction.... Oaktown in a great game.

Coach Crawford is one of the top coaches in the state in my book. Even when his talent pool appears to be bare, and new schools open all around to take his kids.....he gets results from his players. The players will go the extra mile for him b/c they have such great respect for him. We have our work cut out for us b/c he will devise an exceptional gameplan and his kids will be extremely disciplined and physical. This will be a great game. Add in the father-in-law factor, and you have a classic! Our offense will have to click right away b/c their D will do all they can to knock us out of sync. I am glad we have a pretty effective pass game to try to keep them honest.

I am pretty tired of all the non-district games....ready to get to the meat of our season, but I am looking forward to playing them. They usually have an exceptional gutsy QB that plays with maturity and heart.....not to mention ability. I expect this yr to be no exception.

Hey Brentwood folk, where is that Whittemore kid now? Last I remember he was coaching somewhere? He will go down in my book as one of the most outstanding QB's of all time.

Coach Crawford is one of the top coaches in the state in my book. Even when his talent pool appears to be bare, and new schools open all around to take his kids.....he gets results from his players. The players will go the extra mile for him b/c they have such great respect for him. We have our work cut out for us b/c he will devise an exceptional gameplan and his kids will be extremely disciplined and physical. This will be a great game. Add in the father-in-law factor, and you have a classic! Our offense will have to click right away b/c their D will do all they can to knock us out of sync. I am glad we have a pretty effective pass game to try to keep them honest.

I am pretty tired of all the non-district games....ready to get to the meat of our season, but I am looking forward to playing them. They usually have an exceptional gutsy QB that plays with maturity and heart.....not to mention ability. I expect this yr to be no exception.

Hey Brentwood folk, where is that Whittemore kid now? Last I remember he was coaching somewhere? He will go down in my book as one of the most outstanding QB's of all time.

TP keep in mind that the overall record now is almost as important as the region, with the exception of the two automatics.

I saw two things Friday night against the eagles.

1) I saw a Brentwood defense that is somewhat suspect (granted they are searching for 9 new starters), and this is a new position for the Bruins. But like many others I have faith in Coach Crawford will embrace his strengths and attack his weaknesses.

2) But I also saw a Bruin team that won't quit. Even when the picture is exceedingly grim.

Should make for a great match-up, (could we be witnessing a play-off preview?)

I saw two things Friday night against the eagles.

1) I saw a Brentwood defense that is somewhat suspect (granted they are searching for 9 new starters), and this is a new position for the Bruins. But like many others I have faith in Coach Crawford will embrace his strengths and attack his weaknesses.

2) But I also saw a Bruin team that won't quit. Even when the picture is exceedingly grim.

Should make for a great match-up, (could we be witnessing a play-off preview?)

When you have a winning program that does things the right way like Brentwood, that is always going to be the case.

BHS may not have any quit inside of them, and they may have been able to "turn-it-on" and out-physical & out-will Independence last week. I just do not see them being able to do the same thing against Oakland. You have to play 4 full quarters against Oakland, and get on them early because you do not want to be playing for the win with 10 minutes left, Oakland will outlast and beat people in the last few minutes.