South Greene @ Greeneville

lastyear21

This board should be quite entertaining! It appears a few Greeneville posters did not learn their lesson after last night. I am no South Greene fan, but the Rebels may get enough disrespect on these boards to motivate them to pull off an upset! If nothing else, it should be a blast reading the smack talk from both sides in this one!

Greeneville started last year very much the same as this year... Got SPANKED by both Jeff County and Sullivan South. Entered conference play 1-2 and ran the conference....a much stronger conference. This Greeneville D has more size and speed than last year. Just need Hall and Church to shake off the rust and the cast and Story to get his wheels back under him. Greeneville's run would have been more effective with Chaz and without Rollins, the o-line had a REALLY big hole in it...Anyone know when Brock gets that darn cast off? Anyway coach, its gonna take more than ticked off rebels to overcome the size difference at the line. Greeneville by 2 TD's.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This board should be quite entertaining! It appears a few Greeneville posters did not learn their lesson after last night. I am no South Greene fan, but the Rebels may get enough disrespect on these boards to motivate them to pull off an upset! If nothing else, it should be a blast reading the smack talk from both sides in this one!

Greeneville started last year very much the same as this year... Got SPANKED by both Jeff County and Sullivan South. Entered conference play 1-2 and ran the conference....a much stronger conference. This Greeneville D has more size and speed than last year. Just need Hall and Church to shake off the rust and the cast and Story to get his wheels back under him. Greeneville's run would have been more effective with Chaz and without Rollins, the o-line had a REALLY big hole in it...Anyone know when Brock gets that darn cast off? Anyway coach, its gonna take more than ticked off rebels to overcome the size difference at the line. Greeneville by 2 TD's.

I have to agree with barb on this one there is no way south greene can match up with the devils.Barb good luck the rest of the year greeneville has a good team you should go deep in the playoffs.

I'm not worried about whether G'ville fans learned their lesson. I hope G'ville's coach learned his lesson. Everyone at the game, (except the coach, apparently), knew by the middle of the first quarter, that we couldn't run up the middle, but did he try anything different. NOooo, not until the last min. and a half, and it worked. Imagine that.

When almost every play centered around handing the ball to BJ, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the ball was going. Don't get me wrong, I love BJ, and he's a great athlete, but dude! And the coach actually commented to the press, that this was his plan... Wow?

Our defense was absolutely worn out. Our coach needs to realize that one of the points to having a second string, is to run subs in and out on an individual basis, not just dump the whole string in when we get way ahead. That way, our boys have something left at the end, and our second string might actually learn something about playing football. Neat concept, huh?

While we had some "terrible" calls against us, the loss to Betsy is on the coach's head, and our boys did all they were allowed to do. Heads up high boys!

The other "huge" problem that G'ville MUST overcome, is their almost total lack of pass coverage. I don't know if that's because the coach hasn't taught them how that's supposed to be done, or the players just aren't doing their jobs. Either way, if they don't fix it, then South Greene may just kick G'ville's hind parts.

I'm not worried about whether G'ville fans learned their lesson. I hope G'ville's coach learned his lesson. Everyone at the game, (except the coach, apparently), knew by the middle of the first quarter, that we couldn't run up the middle, but did he try anything different. NOooo, not until the last min. and a half, and it worked. Imagine that.

When almost every play centered around handing the ball to BJ, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the ball was going. Don't get me wrong, I love BJ, and he's a great athlete, but dude! And the coach actually commented to the press, that this was his plan... Wow?

Our defense was absolutely worn out. Our coach needs to realize that one of the points to having a second string, is to run subs in and out on an individual basis, not just dump the whole string in when we get way ahead. That way, our boys have something left at the end, and our second string might actually learn something about playing football. Neat concept, huh?

While we had some "terrible" calls against us, the loss to Betsy is on the coach's head, and our boys did all they were allowed to do. Heads up high boys!

The other "huge" problem that G'ville MUST overcome, is their almost total lack of pass coverage. I don't know if that's because the coach hasn't taught them how that's supposed to be done, or the players just aren't doing their jobs. Either way, if they don't fix it, then South Greene may just kick G'ville's hind parts.

the run was extremely one dimensional without chaz story....pass coverage was a bit hampered by the fact that Church was wearing a cast..... the defense was just flat....no amount of subbing would fix that.

the run was extremely one dimensional without chaz story....pass coverage was a bit hampered by the fact that Church was wearing a cast..... the defense was just flat....no amount of subbing would fix that.

Every team has to deal with injures just part of the game .

disagree with me if you'd like... but this game may be closer than everyone thinks. if greeneville continues to play like they did against betsy, this could turn out to be a good game. south greene may not be very big but they have some good weapons. one thing that i promise you will have to change is greeneville's play calling, it's awful. we've got one of the better recievers in the state in rob wright, and we don't utilize him, instead we decide to run it with bj spradlin play after play and get stopped. we're killin bj, in the 4th quarter against betsy he was gassed, you could tell by the way he was playing, we have a very good running back in trey anderson, and we wont give him any carries, but instead we decide to wear bj down. south greene is going to be small and quick, and that will cause our o-line troubles, they're struggling bad. i think that greeneville will pull this one out, but if they don't change some things, this one could be closer than everyone thinks.

even if chaz story was healthy, how many times did he touch it against south? you guessed it slim to none. and as to the cast thing, a cast has nothing to do with you being in position to bat down passes or anything, our secondary struggles the cast has nothing to do with it, he can still run around and be in position with a cast on his arm. the defense was not flat, they were one the field 90% of the game and only allowed 10 points and you're gonna say they were flat? they played a heck of a game, that loss is on the coaches shoulders 100% terrible play calling

How would we know? The coach hasn't tried it. If they are flat, then put someone in that "wants" to play. Maybe, just maybe, they will do better, or at least stir up first string. Continuing to do the same thing, when it ain't working, is just stupid.

Is your kid riding the pine or what? or you maybe? This style of defense in Greeneville's bread and butter, and they have looked crisp in both of the previous games. And I guarantee they worked just as hard against South. I agree with you about the offense. They definitely should have thrown more... I don't think coach's problem is he needs to try something new as it is that he needs to keep his plan a little more fluid...Never pays to go into a game without a backup plan. I think this Betsy team and TN High are the 2 most balanced teams we'll see until post-season and if there are weaknesses, thats what will expose them. Adapt and move on....Go Greene.....Can anyone give us an update on Rollins?

Is your kid riding the pine or what? or you maybe? This style of defense in Greeneville's bread and butter, and they have looked crisp in both of the previous games. And I guarantee they worked just as hard against South. I agree with you about the offense. They definitely should have thrown more... I don't think coach's problem is he needs to try something new as it is that he needs to keep his plan a little more fluid...Never pays to go into a game without a backup plan. I think this Betsy team and TN High are the 2 most balanced teams we'll see until post-season and if there are weaknesses, thats what will expose them. Adapt and move on....Go Greene.....Can anyone give us an update on Rollins?

It's not about who gets to play, it's about keeping the team fresh, and "uninjured". When kids are dragging, they get hurt. That matters to some of us. Quite frankly, comments like, "Is your kid riding the pine or what?", only draws attention to your character, not the problems we need to fix, so try to stay on point, please.

Our defense did a wonderful job with Betsy, but they were dead, because the coach didn't rotate players like he should. Again, that's how kids get hurt. If we didn't have any talent on second, then the coach's "plan" might make a little sense, but we have several boys that can step in and hold the fort, at least for a couple of plays at a time. Enough to keep first breathing.

Our offense couldn't get the job done, because the coach wouldn't let them.

I didn't know that, trying something different, and "keeping his plan a little more fluid", were two different things. I've really learned something, not. I guess it depends on what your definition of "is", is?

It doesn't matter if you have a "backup plan", if you don't initiate it.

It's not about who gets to play, it's about keeping the team fresh, and "uninjured". When kids are dragging, they get hurt. That matters to some of us. Quite frankly, comments like, "Is your kid riding the pine or what?", only draws attention to your character, not the problems we need to fix, so try to stay on point, please.

Our defense did a wonderful job with Betsy, but they were dead, because the coach didn't rotate players like he should. Again, that's how kids get hurt. If we didn't have any talent on second, then the coach's "plan" might make a little sense, but we have several boys that can step in and hold the fort, at least for a couple of plays at a time. Enough to keep first breathing.

Our offense couldn't get the job done, because the coach wouldn't let them.

I didn't know that, trying something different, and "keeping his plan a little more fluid", were two different things. I've really learned something, not. I guess it depends on what your definition of "is", is?

It doesn't matter if you have a "backup plan", if you don't initiate it.

I'm sorry if i offended you but normally when a poster makes this much noise about kids not getting subbed its because little johnny isn't being used to what daddy thinks is his full potential. Coach has had 3 games so far and we have see 3 different offenses.Plan A...throw to 1 receiver or B.....run Spradlin....Against Jeff, we saw a lot more balance. I am assuming you, like the rest of us would prefer to see a more balanced game. We had some big issues to deal with when Rollins went down early against Betsy...The problem is not that he doesn't sub, its that we have our best athletes playing both ways. Maybe it would be better to move some of the second string players to first team and let the specialty players do their thing. Give this coach some time before you start questioning his judgement. This is a young team and sometimes it takes a while to find what they are capable of...and for the record, what someone posts on a sports board says absolutely zero about their character. Lighten up will ya :roflol: