Oliver Springs vs. Coalfield

soilder383

Probably one of the biggest games in East Tennessee is the OS/Coalfield game and it has been a rival game since before I can remember. Oz lost last night not because Grundy is a good team but because they was looking ahead to this game and Coalfield coming off a loss probably thinking the same thing. Now what will the results be?

OS by 1...28-27

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to make a prediction this week, because I'm too frustated. If there aren't some changes made soon this is going to be a long year. Don't get me wrong Grundy Co. is not that bad of a team, but we sure made them look alot better than they were. First the offence missed out on some scoring opportunities. I'm not going to mention them individually because I don't believe in calling out kids on this board, but we should of had a few more points, but they also had some bright spots. Overall not too bad of a night. Now where the real frustration comes from is the defence. I don't know if it was scheme or a lack of execution, but I suspect both, in short it was awful. Although I know they played two very good teams to start the season, they hadn't scored a single point in either game. And then come in and put 40 on the board against us, please! While we're not on the same level as their two previous opponents, we're not that bad. I don't remember ever seeing more missed tackles in the open field in a game. Or seeing a team run the same play over and over and over all night and we still haven't stopped it. Come on, we're not that bad. I'm not an X's and O's person, but I do know a little about fundamentals and effort, and I think we were lacking both Friday night. If I was a coach (which I'm not) next week would be filled with tackling drills, especially open field tackling and there is where I would start in determining my starters on defence. And I'm not putting it all on the kids, there are some coaches that need to step up also. This is not a post to bash the team or coaches, I'm saying these things as a challenge to you, because we can be alot better than what we have been this year. As I've said in previous post these kids (and coaches) have such an opportunity to be special, I just wish they would see it and seize it. Now I'll get down off my soap box and say to the kids keep your heads up and start Monday, working hard to put this behind you and doing your best to assure it dosen't happen again. I believe you are capable of doing it or I wouldn't be wasting my time with this post. And that goes for the coaches also. So come on guys and do this for you and your teammates first, because you are the one's who put in the hard work. And in the meantime that will make all us old heads who have pulled that Purple and Gold jersey over our heads in the past, stick out our chest and be proud for you.

I think O.S. took Grundy lightly. They saw that Grundy was 0-2 and hadnt scored any points and thought they could just show up and win. I dont think O.S. will take Coalfield lightly this week. I think they will be ready to play and make up for what happened last week. I think this could be a close game, but i think O.S. will pull it out in the end.

Oliver Springs 21

Coalfield 20

Oliver Springs may have been looking ahead, but I doubt that Coalfield was. Coalfields staff tried to schedule a patsy in Tellico Plains & oops their not a patsy this year. Coalfield got what they deserved & were taken to the woodshed by da Bears. Maybe the same thing happened to OZ tryin to schedule every powder puff team in the state. Either way I think OZ will dominate Coalfield (who is a perinial powerhouse in powder puff football) 28-6.

Banjo what exactly do you think Tellico and Grundy were doing when they scheduled Coalfield and OS? Its not like scheduling is a one way street. They were also looking for someone they could beat after coming off horrible seasons. Some teams prefer to start with what they think will be easier teams- take Florida for example. They have played absolutely no competition before they open up their SEC schedule. Please do not think I'm comparing Coalfield and OS to Florida- I'm not an idiot. I'm just saying before we start saying CF and OS tried to schedule patsies you need to realize that Tellico and Grundy did the same. I think the OS Coalfield game will be a good game with the team with the least turnovers taking the victory. I think the Bobcats had an eye opener last week and should buckle down this wk and improve.

Not going to make a prediction this week, because I'm too frustated. If there aren't some changes made soon this is going to be a long year. Don't get me wrong Grundy Co. is not that bad of a team, but we sure made them look alot better than they were. First the offence missed out on some scoring opportunities. I'm not going to mention them individually because I don't believe in calling out kids on this board, but we should of had a few more points, but they also had some bright spots. Overall not too bad of a night. Now where the real frustration comes from is the defence. I don't know if it was scheme or a lack of execution, but I suspect both, in short it was awful. Although I know they played two very good teams to start the season, they hadn't scored a single point in either game. And then come in and put 40 on the board against us, please! While we're not on the same level as their two previous opponents, we're not that bad. I don't remember ever seeing more missed tackles in the open field in a game. Or seeing a team run the same play over and over and over all night and we still haven't stopped it. Come on, we're not that bad. I'm not an X's and O's person, but I do know a little about fundamentals and effort, and I think we were lacking both Friday night. If I was a coach (which I'm not) next week would be filled with tackling drills, especially open field tackling and there is where I would start in determining my starters on defence. And I'm not putting it all on the kids, there are some coaches that need to step up also. This is not a post to bash the team or coaches, I'm saying these things as a challenge to you, because we can be alot better than what we have been this year. As I've said in previous post these kids (and coaches) have such an opportunity to be special, I just wish they would see it and seize it. Now I'll get down off my soap box and say to the kids keep your heads up and start Monday, working hard to put this behind you and doing your best to assure it dosen't happen again. I believe you are capable of doing it or I wouldn't be wasting my time with this post. And that goes for the coaches also. So come on guys and do this for you and your teammates first, because you are the one's who put in the hard work. And in the meantime that will make all us old heads who have pulled that Purple and Gold jersey over our heads in the past, stick out our chest and be proud for you.

Do you think just maybe OS got a little to cocky??.....maybe just a little over confident??....could this be a wake-up call OS needed??.....as i see it....OS is at a fork in the road...they can either get serious and become the team they can be....or pout and become mediocre....the silver lining is it wasn't a district game.....this week is.......I don't think it's a good week to be a Coalfield fan........OS by 3 TD's

Do you think just maybe OS got a little to cocky??.....maybe just a little over confident??....could this be a wake-up call OS needed??.....as i see it....OS is at a fork in the road...they can either get serious and become the team they can be....or pout and become mediocre....the silver lining is it wasn't a district game.....this week is.......I don't think it's a good week to be a Coalfield fan........OS by 3 TD's

I agree 100% with your post

Oliver Springs may have been looking ahead, but I doubt that Coalfield was. Coalfields staff tried to schedule a patsy in Tellico Plains & oops their not a patsy this year. Coalfield got what they deserved & were taken to the woodshed by da Bears. Maybe the same thing happened to OZ tryin to schedule every powder puff team in the state. Either way I think OZ will dominate Coalfield (who is a perinial powerhouse in powder puff football) 28-6.

not a fan of either team but you need to think about your post. first of all coalfield has scheduled up in every nondistrict game except for harriman who has already beat your dogs. bleadsoe 20 coalfield 13 bleadsoe 28 midway 13 , midway 14 wartburg 0. and i hear that tellico plains is better than bleadsoe. so if you cant beat midway(single A) i doubt you can hang with either one of these AA teams. that brings me to the point of wartburg scheduling down in every district game except for rockwood. so you tell me who has the patsy schedule.

Both teams will be hyped up for this one

Comes down to who can move forward the quickest after their loss from last week

I think OS has way more to lose than CF...........can OS embrace that challenge and live up to the hype?? or will they fade into the distance with 2 losses in a row??

CF has got nothing to lose, it is a down year, and it feels good anytime you can beat a rival.

Should be a hard fought game