Oak Ridge vs. Halls

boyfromsi

Not that it matters much, but did anyone else notice the prepxtra stats tried to cheat our #6 - James O'laughlin - out of his 18 carry/19 yards of rushing against Webb?

- This may hurt him when it comes to end of year awards, EVERY other stat was reported. Why not these? What should be:

- His total rushing yards should be 103 for the year (not 84)

- His average per game should be 26 yards (not 21)

- He should have 46 carries for 103 yards this year (2.2 per carry). Even though the season has gone south, I feel he should get credit for all he is doing!

- What do the other Halls fans think about him not getting credit for these 19 yards?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge will not overlook Halls or take them lightly. This is team is very focussed on Halls, it's a district game and right now it's the only game that matters. That's what the coaches have been preaching since last Sat. morning at 9a.m. They'll be ready.

Ironman80, the stats that prepxtra uses are reported by Hall's own coaches. It was Hall's oversight not the newspapers. Not trying to be a smart aleck but what kind of award would be given to a back averaging 2 yards a carry with only 100 yards in 4 ballgames?

Oak Ridge will not overlook Halls or take them lightly. This is team is very focussed on Halls, it's a district game and right now it's the only game that matters. That's what the coaches have been preaching since last Sat. morning at 9a.m. They'll be ready.

Ironman80, the stats that prepxtra uses are reported by Hall's own coaches. It was Hall's oversight not the newspapers. Not trying to be a smart aleck but what kind of award would be given to a back averaging 2 yards a carry with only 100 yards in 4 ballgames?

He knows they(coaches) provide the information to Prepxtra and has a idea why the oversight. The player in question is getting the majority of the touches such as Kitts did two years ago but he hasn't demostrated Kitt's like numbers for these past two years. Thus the irony in his post.

Ironman80 has been a asute student of Halls Football for along time and I understand his pain. Plus he has given a lot of sweat equity in the local community and knows most of these kids very well. I think he knows the system is broken as well.

The probability of rain tonight worries me, as OR's passing game has been the point-maker thus far. Still, I hope everyone still comes out for the game -- home and visitors -- and that both sides get through it injury-free.

Bring a poncho, and maybe that will be the talisman that wards off the rain.