Daniel Boone vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, looks like Kingsport gets to wake up in the morning and read the paper where Boone beats DB.

Congratulations to Daniel Boone ,it was a hard fought game.Good luck the rest of the way.I have to tell the people in my part of the stadium,I'm sorry for my "BIG" outburst when we didn't recover the fumble late in the game.I'm allso sorry for the lesser ten or twelve outburst I had as well.I can't help it,I might have to ban myself to the baseball seats by the end of this season. :thumb:

You better get stocked up on sugar & Koolaid my friend, because you ain't seen nothin' yet.

I just hate it for the guys.I'm glad the senior players were a part of one of the very best regular seasons last year.It still stinks for them to have to deal with a year like this.One things for sure,the players that I know''and that's most of them'',will not quit and I want give up either.Roll Tribe

It's funny not a single DB fan can say you got beat by Boone. What about that Boone defense. Did anyone see the hit #16 for Boone put on Seabolt at the end of the game. That was the hit of the night.

Boone will be a force. DB has seen a glimpse of the end.

I think everyone knows DB got beat by Boone--they haven't changed the score since last night have they? If you mean we're supposed to be marveling at how great that Boone team was, sorry! They were scrappy and deserve credit for taking advantage of what was given them, but they got outgained by 100 yards by a mediocre DB team and don't win the game without the turnovers and penalties. I've talked enough about DB's problems to make it clear that I think DB has serious issues, but if Boone had played DB's first 4 games Boone would have been 1-3 as well.

Not that it really matters, but the playoff outlook may still come down to the DB/SH game. Even if DB loses to South and TH (which looks likely at this point), one has to assume South will beat SH too, meaning that if DB also beats SH and can beat Volunteer and Crockett, DB would go due to the head to head tiebreaker (at least I think head to head is the first tiebreaker). With a 4-3 conference record and 4-6 overall. Might be good for some of the young pups, but at this point I'm not assuming anything. I do think we'll beat Volunteer but other than that all bets are off.

Anyone know for sure if my analysis above is correct? I noticed Lane said in the KTN article that the loss likely meant DB had no shot at the playoffs, and was wondering if that was just more of his uninformed idiocy.

It's funny not a single DB fan can say you got beat by Boone. What about that Boone defense. Did anyone see the hit #16 for Boone put on Seabolt at the end of the game. That was the hit of the night.

I think everyone knows DB got beat by Boone--they haven't changed the score since last night have they? If you mean we're supposed to be marveling at how great that Boone team was, sorry! They were scrappy and deserve credit for taking advantage of what was given them, but they got outgained by 100 yards by a mediocre DB team and don't win the game without the turnovers and penalties. I've talked enough about DB's problems to make it clear that I think DB has serious issues, but if Boone had played DB's first 4 games Boone would have been 1-3 as well.

Marveling, probably a little bit. Boone was the team everyone picked in the cellar with Crockett and suddenly they gave South a huge scare and beat DB. Probably any words that are said from the fact that everyone expected DB to run the conference every single year. First year happens and it isn't happening, so far. DB could win out and go 6-4. Of course now every Boone fan is hoping for South to get beat next week and hoping that TN High can win against South as well. Yeah, you guys picked a tough set of 3 games there. But at the end of the day Boone took what they had and took what you gave them and came up with a team. Mediocre? I highly doubt any DB team is mediocre. Your past history and "winningest team in TN" motto has a big target on your chest. Any team with that in their books is a good team and a huge win. They don't win the game without turnovers and penalties... well what do you expect them to do feel sorry for DB? You all have a good team, just one play in three of your games have kept you all from being 4-1.

bubba that statement gets you the moe-Ron of the thread award. DB didn't just become the all time winningest team in the state overnight. Glimpse of the end hardly. Not a good year? No doubt.

Boone a force? Hardly. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut from TIME to TIME. They are having a fine year but a force. There local and size will decide their tradition. Same as db's has.

Good luck next week.

No the best was when #72 flattened Boones #16 so hard, he laid there and flopped like a fish. At first I thought he was hurt but he wasnt he was just MAD!!!!! Beautiful pancake!!!!!!! Glad he was not hurt!!!!