Daniel Boone vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

Big game for GC. Vince Staten will have to dig deep to see when a DB team started 1-4. Always knew GC was not real smart, but you dont pick on the guy with the mic or a guy that buys his ink by the barrel. If they continue to look as stupid on the field this Friday night as last, GC might need to talk to Fred Walton about a radio job. The Lynn garden team knows to tell your RB to cover the ball coming out of the end zone, no fightn for xtra yards. If you only have 2 seconds left in the quarter, DONT try to get a play off, let the clock run out and regroup. Tired of the excuses, this team is not small, nor does the ranked teams mean much, we all know what ranked DB teams have done. Besides, we used to beat the ranked teams, remember Oak Ridge? This quality of teams has been coming, and I told you so several years ago. Kind of reminds me of another team about 100 miles west. Once again, DB is not the the headline team in the paper. 4 weeks and only 2 pics. The proof is in the pudding. GC's record the past 28 games is 19-9 with first round exits in the playoffs with 10-0 teams. Of the 19 wins more than half of the wins were aginst teams with losing records. GC retires in 2 years. Good luck DB!

The fact that your son sucked and got no PT really has your panties in a wad. that shouldnt be a reason to hate on GC.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game for GC. Vince Staten will have to dig deep to see when a DB team started 1-4. Always knew GC was not real smart, but you dont pick on the guy with the mic or a guy that buys his ink by the barrel. If they continue to look as stupid on the field this Friday night as last, GC might need to talk to Fred Walton about a radio job. The Lynn garden team knows to tell your RB to cover the ball coming out of the end zone, no fightn for xtra yards. If you only have 2 seconds left in the quarter, DONT try to get a play off, let the clock run out and regroup. Tired of the excuses, this team is not small, nor does the ranked teams mean much, we all know what ranked DB teams have done. Besides, we used to beat the ranked teams, remember Oak Ridge? This quality of teams has been coming, and I told you so several years ago. Kind of reminds me of another team about 100 miles west. Once again, DB is not the the headline team in the paper. 4 weeks and only 2 pics. The proof is in the pudding. GC's record the past 28 games is 19-9 with first round exits in the playoffs with 10-0 teams. Of the 19 wins more than half of the wins were aginst teams with losing records. GC retires in 2 years. Good luck DB!

The fact that your son sucked and got no PT really has your panties in a wad. that shouldnt be a reason to hate on GC.

WatchDog you just got threw out of the closet. YOU WEAR PANTIES!!!!!!!!! :roflol::roflol:

Dang. I don't think its right to be hating on the players, past or present. They try hard to be the best they can be. Not everybody can be a super star. Right Batman................

Well game day tomorrow. I found this week interesting with the DB crowd. I knew you guys loved to talk and I wanted to see where it went. A lot of shyness in comparison to what I usually see from you guys. I'll wish you luck on the rest of the season after tomorrow.

I've never seen a Boone team march into DB, so I'll be looking forward to tomorrow's game. Looks like the gods are favoring DB since it looks like rain!

Come wind or rain or driving snow......( i probably butchered that) DB football must go on. Well you know what i mean. The freshman looked great again tonight. Swafford scored a few tonight and had a couple called back for holding(home cooking in Church Hill) 34-0. I really don't think Volunteer had positive yards in the game.Our freshman team is huge up front on both sides of the ball. Linebackers are big and fast and the d-backs are very fast and will take your head off. Can't wait to see some of these boys next year. The freshman QB cook is good, throws a good ball and is a very good d-back.Roll Tribe Roll....

Now thats funny. :roflol::roflol:

Come wind or rain or driving snow......( i probably butchered that) DB football must go on. Well you know what i mean. The freshman looked great again tonight. Swafford scored a few tonight and had a couple called back for holding(home cooking in Church Hill) 34-0. I really don't think Volunteer had positive yards in the game.Our freshman team is huge up front on both sides of the ball. Linebackers are big and fast and the d-backs are very fast and will take your head off. Can't wait to see some of these boys next year. The freshman QB cook is good, throws a good ball and is a very good d-back.Roll Tribe Roll....

I agree! The Freshman team is very good. I've only seen them in one game against Science Hill though. To bad I have to work for a living. I didn't think the defense played up to par against the Toppers but that could of been the Toppers as their a very good team also. I noticed that the line has some big guys also. Something we need badly. Is Forman playing at all for the freshman or is he Varsity only now? Can't wait till' this group gets to be Jr.s & Sr.s. :roflol:

Thanks for the update on the Frosh there 91. Im ashamed I havent seen them play this year..sounds like a really good class coming up. Any idea why #19 was brought up to varsity if he's only been in 3 plays as QB? this is a very talented young man, I mean , :roflol: if something aint workin...do somethin different.

Dang. I don't think its right to be hating on the players, past or present. They try hard to be the best they can be. Not everybody can be a super star. Right Batman................

You worry me sometimes.It's not right to think about the Batman 100% of the time. :mrgreen:

I read several weeks ago that Tom Taylor was no longer doing the DB games on the radio. Is this true and why?

Also, coming from Oak Ridge where football is important like it is in Kingsport. All programs go through a downturn in talent from time to time. Dobyns-Bennett will be back and so will Oak Ridge. I just wish our teams were still playing one another. Good luck to all.

JC Press has DB winning 28-21, what does the Kingsport Times say?

I've got family that still take the Times and they will tell me if anything is worth reading on DB football, and save the paper.I've not gotten anything in the last five years.Just kiding,but they are a joke for a home town paper unless you have a kid playing volleyball.What I really go by is watching the films and what the teams have.I knew we were in trouble with our youth to start the season ,but did think we could play against Sevier county and win.I thought that was going to be the case until the fourth quarter.I think the same tonight after looking at your team.You have some big old boys and number 58 is down right special. If Dobyns Bennett carries out the game plan,I don't see a problem.That's what I would have said if I were a South fan two weeks ago,and we all know what your team done.I wish your team well after tonight and hope they beat SH for sure.Roll Tribe