Springfield at Henry county

olddevil

If the horn is not allowed, then the bands should not be allowed during play either. This has been our biggest complaint about the topic. Our one horn is told not to play, but the opposing band plays entire songs when we have the ball - especially Memphis schools. I fail to see how one horn is more distracting than a whole band. Just be fair on both sides. :thumb::thumb:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the horn is not allowed, then the bands should not be allowed during play either. This has been our biggest complaint about the topic. Our one horn is told not to play, but the opposing band plays entire songs when we have the ball - especially Memphis schools. I fail to see how one horn is more distracting than a whole band. Just be fair on both sides. :thumb::thumb:

That is true,the band should not be playing.

Will HC get penalized for using the train horn during play or will the referees allow this nonsense? Sure it is ok to use the horn but using it during play is classless, rude and shows poor sportsmanship.

No penalty...no problem. Stop your whining! The officials do not allow it to interfere with the playing of the game. It is just another in a long line of excuses for teams who lose to HC...and lose you will!!

Heck, if it is a horn, hank singing, the band, or rain. Let the boys play! It does not matter what happens off the field, but what happens on it that counts. Granted, the stadium itself is a distraction how big it is and the score board, and the wild fans that come with the patriots. I have never seen a fan in the stands, a horn, or a band win the game in four quarters for anyone. Springfield players may need to enjoy this night, because in a few years they are probably going to face the same atmosphere under Coach Myers. This is a great learning tool for any team trying to get better. Plus what have the jackets got to lose anyway. All the patriot fans have stated the jackets will get blown out with a running clock. The Jackets are 1-2 vs a Patriot team that is 3-0. So I think this experience for the young jacket team is going to be a great learning experience since they are returning all the team but 3 players. So, I hope those boys experience one of the best atmospheres in the state, and that is what Coach Myers is trying to do at Springfield. Good Luck to Both Teams Tonight! How is the weather?

By the way, if a band bothers you, then don't play a metro nashville team. Pearl, Stratford, and Whites Creek, and Maplewood bands play from start to finish each game. It is an amazing sight to see if you never have been given the opportunity to watch them. However, their bands have not won them a football title in years. Just adds to the experience of that great sport, "High School Football!"

:thumb:

You know, I believe there should be more horns, bands, singing, sold out crowds, cow bells, loaded seed milk jugs, concessions, and smoke from the grill. These things make friday nights so much fun. Where else can you get a ticket, nachos with chili, and a soda for under 12 dollars. Plus the opportunity to see your team win that game or lose. So trust me, please have the grill a burning, and the crowd a cheering, because it is almost game time. Anything is possible on Friday nights! :thumb:

If the horn is not allowed, then the bands should not be allowed during play either. This has been our biggest complaint about the topic. Our one horn is told not to play, but the opposing band plays entire songs when we have the ball - especially Memphis schools. I fail to see how one horn is more distracting than a whole band. Just be fair on both sides. :popcorneater::D

The YANKER is glad to see you back to your old self, my "Hornerestly Allowedful Nottering Bandlessing Complainneringly Topicful-Solofully Horned-Biggerest-Bandable Songerringly-Memphissering-Failinglyful Distractering-Faireristly Botherring"!!!!!!!!! You are back...and in the form that made you famous...as the friend of this YANKER!!!!! Good luck to HC tonight...and please pull for my JCM Cougars to return to winning form tonight!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I hope the game won't be canceled til tomorrow. If that happens, I am hoping for a 9:30 kickoff!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

Is there a chance of it being cancelled?

What in the world are you talking about?

They were calling for T-Storms earlier. Hoping to have the game today not tomorrow. Plus, gotta watch my Vols!!! GO BIG RED!!!

If the horn is not allowed, then the bands should not be allowed during play either. This has been our biggest complaint about the topic. Our one horn is told not to play, but the opposing band plays entire songs when we have the ball - especially Memphis schools. I fail to see how one horn is more distracting than a whole band. Just be fair on both sides. :D:D

That is true,the band should not be playing.

Good luck getting that idea to fly..... :popcorneater:

Go play a game in Portland,TN and call me in the morning.....lol