McCallie-Ensworth

Chattcity

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope McCallie students would have enough sense not to show up and do their cheers if they had been dominated in a series the way Baylor has been. Having fun is OK, but I was totally embarrassed for them. Maybe I'm just too old........that must be it! :popcorneater:

Maybe you are getting old but not wise? So it is ok to go to a rivals school if you have been winning but not ok if you have been losing? Wow, very wise. I was at the Webb (I am a Spartan) soccer game at Baylor 2 years ago. There were McCallie students at that game cheering like crazy against Baylor and doing their chants in the Webb section. Baylor went on to win the state championship that year after beating McCallie twice. Once in the regular season and again on McCallie's turf for the region championship? So I guess they were wrong since Baylor had whipped them? Do your same rules apply or just for your school. If Baylor beats you this year you are really setting yourself up for alot of replies. Go Spartans!

We'll save the b/m chatter for another week. The fact is, Baylor played MBA scoreless in the second half. MBA's touchdown drives were from the Baylor 20 and 25. From what it looks like Offensivley they didnt play fundamentally sound, but the defense seems to be another story. Another thing MBA has over Ensworth is depth. But God forbid they settle for more linemen under 6'0 300. An enrollment of 370 hurts. Going both ways will not be a problem for MBA like it is for Ensworth. Friday should be very interesting, is it at mccallie?

I would hope McCallie students would have enough sense not to show up and do their cheers if they had been dominated in a series the way Baylor has been. Having fun is OK, but I was totally embarrassed for them. Maybe I'm just too old........that must be it! :popcorneater:

I would think that the 5 McCallie student athletes that drove drunk to Signal Mountain High School last year to get in a fight...then get arrested....and then still continues to have their pictures and school's name on the news due to court dates would be much more embarrassing to you. It would me but I am not as wise I guess.

No dog in this hunt but I really hope Baylor beats you this year. Go Owls!

AP.BG.59

I suggest you read your reply above and apply it to yourself. The facts are:

McCallie has won 11 in a row

The one common opponent (Tyner) is not a great predictor of the future

Baylor was not a sound team against MBA

If McCallie's offense is so easy to stop, why can't most teams stop it?

Baylor has a "better" team this year

It should be a good game

The one thing I can guarantee is Baylor (if they win) will not win "easily"

Ryan never came within 20 of BA since 2001, but have had their number the past two seasons

How is it not?

The defense played well and Baylor moved the ball but had costly turnovers. But in the one game I saw them in and in playing them the past two years, they are well disciplined

EHS stopped it

They do

It will be a good game, but with Baylor winning

I would hope McCallie students would have enough sense not to show up and do their cheers if they had been dominated in a series the way Baylor has been. Having fun is OK, but I was totally embarrassed for them. Maybe I'm just too old........that must be it! :thumb:

You sound as though you're old enough to recall sportsmanship, class, and dignity. I was present for the funerals of both "sportsmanship" and "gentlemanly competition," both of which died after relatively short illnesses. Sadly, neither left heirs.

I would hope McCallie students would have enough sense not to show up and do their cheers if they had been dominated in a series the way Baylor has been. Having fun is OK, but I was totally embarrassed for them. Maybe I'm just too old........that must be it! :thumb:

You sound as though you're old enough to recall sportsmanship, class, and dignity. I was present for the funerals of both "sportsmanship" and "gentlemanly competition," both of which died after relatively short illnesses. Sadly, neither left heirs.

That is sad that it's true, but you made it sound epic lol Either way, good luck to both teams in a big region game. Is it at Finley this year?

I would hope McCallie students would have enough sense not to show up and do their cheers if they had been dominated in a series the way Baylor has been. Having fun is OK, but I was totally embarrassed for them. Maybe I'm just too old........that must be it! :wacko:

I would think that the 5 McCallie student athletes that drove drunk to Signal Mountain High School last year to get in a fight...then get arrested....and then still continues to have their pictures and school's name on the news due to court dates would be much more embarrassing to you. It would me but I am not as wise I guess.

That may be one of the lamest posts I have seen on here. And you're obviously jealous of McCallie's tradition whoever you are based on your sentence right here, "No dog in this hunt but I really hope Baylor beats you this year. Go Owls!"

I guess it is even more apparent now than ever that Baylor wants to see McCallie get beat if they are having to show up at games not even featuring their own team...Pretty Pitiful if you ask me. I guess they have figured out after 11 long years that they will not be beating the Blue anytime soon, so they figured they might as well show up at a game where McCallie's a huge underdog to do their little cheer.... WOW! :thumb:

I would hope McCallie students would have enough sense not to show up and do their cheers if they had been dominated in a series the way Baylor has been. Having fun is OK, but I was totally embarrassed for them. Maybe I'm just too old........that must be it! :wacko:

That may be one of the lamest posts I have seen on here. And you're obviously jealous of McCallie's tradition whoever you are based on your sentence right here, "No dog in this hunt but I really hope Baylor beats you this year. Go Owls!"

I guess it is even more apparent now than ever that Baylor wants to see McCallie get beat if they are having to show up at games not even featuring their own team...Pretty Pitiful if you ask me. I guess they have figured out after 11 long years that they will not be beating the Blue anytime soon, so they figured they might as well show up at a game where McCallie's a huge underdog to do their little cheer.... WOW! :thumb:

My take is entirely different from yours. And from reading other responses theirs is different from your as well. Owl, along with others, seemed put off by a few sarcastic McCallie fans as always putting Baylor down. All you have to do is read other posts where they jab at will when it is not even about them. It seems that McCallie students have gone to Baylor events and done their "little cheer" as well. I think when fans on here go after another school....they get called out. And that is what happened. I have not seen any Baylor fans on here going after McCallie....just the other way around. So that is where this is coming from. Go Red Bank!

Sunkistkid, I agree with bluelion. It is apparent that a few McCallie fans on here just love to take shots at Baylor whenever they can. On this board that is what continually happens. When other schools respond like they are to this it is usually asked for. No need for pot shots. In all intense rivalries students cheer for other teams against their rivals, etc. McCallie is no exception to this. It seems like one of your fans, by calling out Baylor students cheering, opened up the Signal Mountain fiasco. He left it open to this. When you start calling out someone....sometimes others come to the other teams defense. That is why so many other school's fans on here got involved against McCallie.