Sequatchie County @ Marion County

Bill#49

I have waited all week to say my score......stays close for a half marion wears sequatchie down in the end 35-14 marion, the tapes i have seen sequatchie is out of shape and the two games they lost it just flat out looks like they are out of shape. sequatchie doesnt lose another game till week 10 and i see bledsoe giving them fits but sequatchie in the end marions offence gets rolling this week goodluck both teams

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that makes Jasper slower, fatter, and more out of shape-Sequatchie wins. I heard they turned the scoreboard the second the game was over. The Indians spear was sharper. Let the excuses begin. :thumb::roflol:;)

I am guessing Jasper still does not have an offense since they could not score more than 14...Great win for the Indians...Anybody know when the last time was that they beat Jasper?

I guess that makes Jasper slower, fatter, and more out of shape-Sequatchie wins. I heard they turned the scoreboard the second the game was over. The Indians spear was sharper. Let the excuses begin. :lol::thumb::thumb:

I am guessing Jasper still does not have an offense since they could not score more than 14...Great win for the Indians...Anybody know when the last time was that they beat Jasper?

19 years

I guess that makes Jasper slower, fatter, and more out of shape-Sequatchie wins. I heard they turned the scoreboard the second the game was over. The Indians spear was sharper. Let the excuses begin. :D:thumb::thumb:

Last time Seq beat marion was also the first state title that marion won, 1990. Congrats to the indians tonight, did what you had to do to win the game, stood tall at the end. There was lots of excitement in the air as their fans rushed the field. I did think it was a little excessive riding through town with poice sirens blasting though guys...................you didn't win the state title tonight. :lol:

As for marion, it is gut check time guys.....................lose next week and we probably don't make the playoffs. Looks like the offense looked better tonight, even though i didn't get to see the entire game. Better reads by the quarterback for sure. Veteran recievers cant drop passes, it is time to step up, and we cant turn the ball over, especially twice deep in our own territory and expect to win a game. I will be interested to see the stats in the paper tomorrow, even though they dont mean much. Guys, you can either come and bust your tails and get better or lay down and lick your wounds and be sitting at home come october.

Sequatchie recovered a fumble at the Marion 12 early, made it on 4th and 2 at the 4 and Farley scored from the 1 the next play, 8:09. Kick good, 7-0.

Marion returns the kickoff to midfield, #10 scores on a 14 yard run, 5:10, pass for 2 no good, 7-6.

Marion recovers a fumble at the Sequatchie 43, goes for it on 4 and 10 but is stopped. Sequatchie goes to the Marion 27, just misses a 44 yard FG.

Sequatchie intercepts the ball on 4th down as the Marion punter tries to throw it. I'm not sure if it was due to pressure, bobbled catch of the snap etc but Sequatchie took over at the 20. They overcame a grounding penalty, back to the Marion 40, then overcame a penalty on a 40 yard touchdown pass with another touchdown pass, Wilson to Hickman, 10 yards. Kick good, 14-6, 6:15.

Marion goes 7 plays to the 42, punts. Sequatchie gets from their 20 to near midfield as the second quarter ends.

Good defensive stop by Marion to start the third, 3 and out for Sequatchie. Marion goes 45 yards, big play was 19 yard run by Brocks to the 5. QB Hill then scores and I believe Goforth got the 2 point run, it was close but the refs ruled he was in. 14-14, 7:00.

More good D by Marion, another 3 and out for Sequatchie but Indians get a 55 yard punt and Marion was also called for a clip on the play. Warriors move from their 13 to the Sequatchie 45 but are stopped on 4th and 2.

First play of the fourth, 3rd and 7, Wilson passes to RB Stewart, 27 yard gain to the Marion 25. 3rd and 11, Stewart cuts back and gains 21 yards to the Marion 5. Lewis gains 4 to the 1 and Wilson scores on the sneak, kick good, 21-14 at 9:14.

Marion goes from their 20 to Sequatchie's 9 over the next six minutes but is stopped on fourth down. Warriors pass to the end zone but a good hit breaks up what probably would have been a catch.

Sequatchie gains 9 1/2 yards but has to punt and Warriors start from their 47 with 1:45 left. Warriors throw 9 straight times counting spikes and get to the 28. Third and 10, a pass is complete for an 8 yard gain but the receiver gets stripped and Sequatchie takes over with about 30 seconds left. Kneel ends the game.