DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

Good game tonight by my LADY WARRIORS well actually we started slow and came back in the second half and played better. I thought we were a little sluggish early not rebounding and not getting the defensive steals we usually get however in the second half we turned all that around and won the game it is always good when you have an off night and still win so I will take that to my SRs

Natalie Candace Jaclisa Aubrey Rachel Nicole I love yall and I am going to miss you all I have enjoyed getting to know yall and support you and also meeting your parents. No matter what happens after this you have had a successful high school career and I am PROUD OF YOU ALL

GO LADY WARRIORS

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the DNJ this morning reminded me again of the quality players who the fans have been able to see this year and how many will start following them in their progress to reach the Big Dance. This has been a remarkable season and the Tournaments will only reveal it. It also will reveal players less high profile and lost a little in the luster of those that are more well known. This class is a superior class and looking down the road a little further, the next few years classes do not reduce athleticly in quality the least. There are still players not comitted who will make an entrance. As far as underclassman are concerned if this year is any sign, there is definitely enough talent for us to hear early inclinations for the next couple of years and we are starting to hear it. The infrastructure in Rutherford is there to take care of it. Coaches and Assistnt coaches are at a high level of competence and many schools and fans have realized it and have watched the performances during the year no matter the sport. It is not difficult to see or find a path to success in schools for players in very field. Competition has required it. Names keep showing up and have become easily recognized as far as the County is concerned.

Looking at the Top Teams in the State and their records and who they have played, most have played top teams in their section of the State and very few have played cream puffs to get where there are. It is evident that in sme parts of the State play is down this year. Overall play is high and evident in the development in their programs.

School overall record

Riverdale 24-2

Lavergne 22-2

Blackman 20-5

Siegel 17-8

Smyrna 15-11

Oakland 7-13

Losses in 7AAA were 30 in District losses while playing one of the most agressive out of District Schedules, a lot of which were great DIAAA schools in Middle Tennessee. Along with this is a good series of Newer Middle Schools some which are being opened this year and should enhance the educational experience.

Congratulations to the Lady Warriors on finishing out the reg. season on top (#1) of 7AAA. Most of all injury free! SENIORS thank you for the example of hard work and dedication you handed down this year. It was contagious for the juniors,soph. and freshmen around you. As the district tournament cranks up lets build off that momentum and press on toward the finish line! Good luck the rest of the season and we LUV YOU GIRLS! Riverdale Lady Warriors #1 in 7AAA!!! :D

Congratulations Riverdale on winning the district. You deserved it. Any team that can go thru this district undefeated is truly a great team.

Congratulations Lavergne on coming in 2nd in the district and getting the automatic region tournament bid. You deserved it also. You have a great team capable of winning it all in my opinion.

Congratulations Lady Blaze on coming in 3rd in the district. As good as this district is, that is still a great accomplishment. Keep your heads up, I know you are capable of beating any team in this state including Lavergne and Riverdale.

Friday: Girls — No. 4 Siegel (17-8) vs. No. 5 Oakland (10-15), 4:30 p.m.; No. 3 Blackman (18-5) vs. No. 6 Smyrna (14-11), 7:30 p.m. Boys — No. 4 Blackman (6-15) vs. No. 5 Smyrna (11-17), 6 p.m.; No. 3 La Vergne (18-9) vs. No. 6 Riverdale (15-15), 9 p.m.

Saturday: Girls — No. 1 Riverdale (21-2) vs. Siegel-Oakland winner, 4:30 p.m.; No. 2 La Vergne (24-2) vs. Blackman-Smyrna winner, 7:30 p.m. Boys — No. 1 Oakland (23-5) vs. Blackman-Smyrna winner, 6 p.m.; No. 2 Siegel (19-7) vs. La Vergne-Riverdale winner, 9 p.m.

Monday: Girls — Consolation, 6 p.m.; Championship, 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday: Boys — Consolation, 6 p.m.; Championship, 7:30 p.m.

Not to disrespect district and region tournaments, where " anything can happen".

But fast forward to sectional tourney, where Riverdale and Blackman play Walker Valley and Cleveland.

Both home teams win and get to state. 2 of the final 8.

I'm guessing Riverdale and Cleveland advance.

Correct me later. I know you will.

Not to disrespect district and region tournaments, where " anything can happen".

But fast forward to sectional tourney, where Riverdale and Lavergne play Walker Valley and Cleveland.

Both home teams win and get to state. 2 of the final 8.

I'm guessing Riverdale and Cleveland advance.

Correct me later. I know you will.

SALTY!!!!!!!!!! No drama here. no fast forward either. Someone else will have to answer. District 8 is tough enough. You must think there are cream puffs up on the Plateau. Cookeville and White will be tuff enough. They are both "roaders".

I so want to go to the game FRIDAY night for the boys but sometimes they make me mad LOL...JAZZY do you have a spot that can get me in for free along with my family lol

RDMan....LOL... I feel ya!! Looks like they are playing LV boys @ 9:00. I thought RD boys finished the district higher. Alot of good talent over there, especially in Vari Craig....s/b a beast in the next few years. Hmmm, if they make you mad, you might want to wait & attend the RD girl's game on Saturday, if LV boys play like they did at your house, Friday night might be RD's last game for the season. Now, don't take that personal, just an observation.

"fast forward to sectional tourney, where Riverdale and Lavergne play Walker Valley and Cleveland.

Both home teams win"

Now Salty knows something the rest of us don't or this is a prime example of, "getting the cart before the horse". I know Vegas is along ways from Tn. but really what are the odds? Salty have you seen all four of these teams play or did you wake up this a.m. feeling hmmm. "special"? It would be awesome if Riverdale could advance to the final eight in the state but as good as this team has played it will take a valid effort to make your "pie in the sky" prediction become reality. :roflolk:

For each of your information, I placed the District Schedule with JIM on the Home ppage and it works. So if you need any schedue information, look at the site, scroll down to 7AAA and watch the results show up after the results are placed on the scoreboard. It's easy to look at. Courtesy of Jim314 and "The Main Man" CoachT, Jim Thompson.