DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

Before the subject is left, 7AAA went thru one of the hardest District Battles in years this past season and while Smyrna and Oakland didn't quite get to Region, both left an impact on the remembrance of the regular season. The coaches and players of these two schools added to the hardness of schedule of the District and made the trip possible for the rest. It was a good season.

Every game in region will be difficult because 8AAA is known as being Tpurnament ready. 8 will be ready to play no natter where the games are played. If it does get down to 7AAA schools playing each other, this is what the season is about amd it is an honor to get to Region, Sectional or State.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the subject is left, 7AAA went thru one of the hardest District Battles in years this past season and while Smyrna and Oakland didn't quite get to Region, both left an impact on the remembrance of the regular season. The coaches and players of these two schools added to the hardness of schedule of the District and made the trip possible for the rest. It was a good season.

Every game in region will be difficult because 8AAA is known as being Tpurnament ready. 8 will be ready to play no natter where the games are played. If it does get down to 7AAA schools playing each other, this is what the season is about amd it is an honor to get to Region, Sectional or State.

And since it is "Recruiting Season" (your words), why don't you give us a rundown on how recruiting is going in 7AAA for next season. 8AAA too. Both districts are loaded with teams that are notorious for it. Share your expertise with the commoners.

""I personally like Blackmans bracket. Hopefully can win the Lincoln County game without Katie Smith to setup Blackman against Shelbyville or Siegel. Have beat both of these teams this year. It will definitely be tough especially if it is Shelbyville in Shelbyville.""

Why is Katie Smith not playing the next game against Lincoln County. I think this game will be a dandy at Blackman. LC is tough and has beaten Shelbyville on their home court this year. They also have stayed with Law Co until the final minutes in each game. Should be a great region tourney.

She hurt her knee @ the end of the game & wasn't in on the last play. Great game last night. That's how it should be, to go down to the last possible second to decide the winner.

""I personally like Blackmans bracket. Hopefully can win the Lincoln County game without Katie Smith to setup Blackman against Shelbyville or Siegel. Have beat both of these teams this year. It will definitely be tough especially if it is Shelbyville in Shelbyville.""

Why is Katie Smith not playing the next game against Lincoln County. I think this game will be a dandy at Blackman. LC is tough and has beaten Shelbyville on their home court this year. They also have stayed with Law Co until the final minutes in each game. Should be a great region tourney.

She hurt her knee @ the end of the game & wasn't in on the last play. Great game last night. That's how it should be, to go down to the last possible second to decide the winner.

Anybody know the severity of her knee injury?

Congratulations to Riverdale for taking the win last night! It was a hard fought one and I can say I am very glad that I got to see it...It was the most exciting game I have seen all year long. I am very proud of the Lady Blaze for their hustle, heart and teamwork!!! We executed offensively great - Big T came in and perked us up and made her presence....What an assett!!!! Defensively, we were tough too. The only thing I see that we may need work on is boxing out on rebounds and that is fixable....All five girls on the court must find a girl and box her out...We can't give a great team like Riverdale 3 - 4 shots on offense and expect to win the game.....The hustle on both teams - unbelievable!!! Thanks to both teams for giving it your all and making it a game to remember....

Good luck to all coming out of our District....Riverdale, Lavergne, Siegel and of course, our Lady Blaze....Riverdaleman- you got your wish!!! It looks like you may see Lavergne like you wanted ....

I am sure that Katie Smith, her family and friends, and Blackman fans appreciate the concern expressed about her knee. I don't know that going into the next rounds of games it is a good idea to post injury reports on here. I know that watching her through multiple sports, that she plays with heart and through pain that would make most he man tough guys cry as many of these athelets do. I would not rule her out on Friday unless CH does himself.

I am sure that Katie Smith, her family and friends, and Blackman fans appreciate the concern expressed about her knee. I don't know that going into the next rounds of games it is a good idea to post injury reports on here. I know that watching her through multiple sports, that she plays with heart and through pain that would make most he man tough guys cry as many of these athelets do. I would not rule her out on Friday unless CH does himself.

She is one tough girl! She is in our prayers for quick healing and I, like you, feel that we will see her on the court soon!

The girls are improving on their passing, but they need to avoid TURNOVERS. Against the teams in AAA, a turnover will almost guarantee the opposing team 2 points. I know the game is fast and furious sometimes, but they need to be aware of where their teammates are on the court and not force it.

I was really proud of the whole team! Everyone stepped up and did their part! I also believe that Kortnay Cox should have been given an award--without her efforts in the Smyrna game, Blackman would not have been playing Riverdale last night or anyone for that matter.

Best of luck Friday night!

GO LADY BLAZE!!!

CH will do what her family and DR advises. Good solid Coach as are most. One thing is for sure and you know it, having a Coach for a while allows parents and fans to almost mind read. Was going to keep a watch on KS to see if she wound up with her friend Erin from Cookeville. Hope the knee is all right.

Katie Smith is going to the doctor today...She will keep us updated on prognosis....She is in our prayers and hopefully, we will be seeing her back on the court soon... She is a great girl and is a great athlete at whatever she does!!!

Kortnay has definitely stepped it up and kept the Lady Blaze fire lit!!! She has definitely shown that she does not want this season to end and is ready to take it all the way...Proud of her for coming through and keeping us in this run!!!

I am proud of all of the Lady Blaze and if we can continue with the momentum, we can take it to the finish line!

CH will do what her family and DR advises. Good solid Coach as are most. One thing is for sure and you know it, having a Coach for a while allows parents and fans to almost mind read. Was going to keep a watch on KS to see if she wound up with her friend Erin from Cookeville. Hope the knee is all right.

??????