MBA at McCallie

BigOwl

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is can mccallie trip up mba. McCallie in my opinion is very underrated. They dont have any big time play makers, but they have decent athletes that are sound fundamentally- aka they have good coaches. They will hang around with mba for a while, very pesky. But I think MBA has too much size and depth for mccallie to handle. The longer the blues drives are, the better chance they have.

prediction

MBA- 31

McCallie-12 ( missed extra point and 2 fg's) war eagle tells no lies

Playing out of town and it being a region game is never easy. If MBA can play McCallie as well as we did Baylor....and get turnovers like Baylor had against us....I think we win. Our defense showed up finally and hope it continues. It was nice seeing us throw some too.

Big Red 24

McCallie 21

Hope the Big Red has a safe trip down. Looking forward to a good game this evening and the crowning of the Autumn Queen.

As to my prediction. It should be close one. I'm not sure what the Red will bring but I guarantee it will be tough. I think the Blue can handle it and will find a way to win.

McCallie 27

MBA 24

Hope the Big Red has a safe trip down. Looking forward to a good game this evening and the crowning of the Autumn Queen.

As to my prediction. It should be close one. I'm not sure what the Red will bring but I guarantee it will be tough. I think the Blue can handle it and will find a way to win.

McCallie 27

MBA 24

Great prediction on the score Bluemom..........just flip-flopped. Great game......bad outcome.

Wish that score would have been flipped! It was a great game. I have no voice left! Really enjoyed talking with the MBA webcasters pregame.

Awesome kicker in Fletcher. Great asset for the Big Red. RB was also extremely good.

Those who are old enough to grasp the value of high school sports will understand that this game was about as good an advertisement for the virtues of sports as you'll ever see. Simply put, neither of these teams is particularly good this year. Not inept, but neither one really has the players to compete for a state championship, and neither would be mentioned on a national level this year.

But there's certainly no lack of character. That was two classy groups of well coached young men who gave everything they had. I suspect if we played until Wednesday, they'd still be changing the lead every few plays. It's cliched, but it's really a shame somebody had to lose that one.

By the way, nobody's doubted Fletcher's leg since he was a sophomore, although he's been a bit out of sync this year. He picked a pretty good time to find his groove.

Nice post, KWoodroof. Two great schools with great tradition. I'm an MUS supporter (we'll meet SOMEBODY up there in November). I miss the days of traveling to Nashville for league games (I also lived in Nashville for 12 years). Not so fond of the longer drive to 'Nooga, but I have a great friend from my MUS days who works at McCallie (and Baylor sure has a spectacular campus).