Franklin Rebels (5-1) @ Ravenwood Raptors (2-3)

huskergymnast33

Wow, the difference one year makes! Last year this game was up for grabs, Franklin was coming of a thrilling victory against McCallie, and Ravenwood had just finished taking down "Goliath" who was MBA. The arguments spun and swirled, but when Friday Night came around Franklin shut-out & shut-down the Raptors 27-0. And neither team has seemed to forgotten about it or recovered from it. Franklin has performed to its capacity (and some may say, over-achieving), and the downward spiral for Ravenwood has still not began to slow down. But with all that said, this game has (and always will be) a tone-setting game for both teams. What do we think? will Franklin stand above the challenges? Or will Ravenwood fans look back on this game next year and say "that is when we started the turn-around"?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd love to see a repeat of last year's game. Franklin has the capability and ability to hand the Raptors another loss. The team is steadily improving... especially the O line!... along with D line, special teams, running backs, etc. The fire is burning in the Franklin players and they won't let it burn out.

Thankfully, I have some positive reports to give to my son (who I haven't talked to in 3 weeks) although I wish I had some "press" coverage to mail to him. He's been receiving Titan articles and lots of UT articles from the papers, but there still is a "blackout" on FHS Rebel news in the Review Appeal, Tenessean, and Williamson Herald ... can't understand this!

If the Army will let him call today I'll have losts of good news to give him.

Huskergymnast33, FYI : Andrew's lost 38 pounds, earned his sharpshooter w/ rifle, passed all PT tests, has learned a new "lingo" I'm trying to understand, and has become quite a "man". I am so very proud of him! If all goes well, he'll graduate from BCT on November 20 and will be home on Thanksgiving.

Wow, the difference one year makes! Last year this game was up for grabs, Franklin was coming of a thrilling victory against McCallie, and Ravenwood had just finished taking down "Goliath" who was MBA. The arguments spun and swirled, but when Friday Night came around Franklin shut-out & shut-down the Raptors 27-0. And neither team has seemed to forgotten about it or recovered from it. Franklin has performed to its capacity (and some may say, over-achieving), and the downward spiral for Ravenwood has still not began to slow down. But with all that said, this game has (and always will be) a tone-setting game for both teams. What do we think? will Franklin stand above the challenges? Or will Ravenwood fans look back on this game next year and say "that is when we started the turn-around"?

Rebels all over the Raptors like stink on poop! Book it! :roflolk:

To: Longhornshookem

For the past several weeks I have sat on the sidelines and read your posts.You have for example, written that to be successful the offense must throw the ball when the defense has 8 defenders in the box.You have further posted that it was important early in the season for FHS to work on the passing game to prepare for stronger future opponents. Well, Mr. Longhornshookem, FHS just played a previously unbeaten opponent and beat them by running the football against 8 defenders in the box. Yes, I know that it was a rainy night and because of the inclement weather FHS could not throw the ball. But if my memory is correct FHS posted a big win 2 years ago against Dickson Co. by running the ball on a rainy night against 8 in the box. And last year FHS put up 21 points quickly running the ball against a Ravenwood team with 8 in the box on a rainy night. So I will be praying for rain this coming Friday because history demonstrates that in the rain when FHS runs the ball on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs one of two things happen - a FIRST DOWN or a BIG PLAY ! !

Throw out the records when these two Williamson County Schools meet....great crowds and great games. Toss Up

I've got to agree with my boy Hogan on this one. The Raptors have always been a stitch in the side of the Rebels. We will see how it plays out under the Shuman regime. Anything can happen on a Friday night in the Wilco. GO Rebs, don't let em catch you napping. :roflol:

Anytime a back is that hot running the ball you need to give it to him. Alex Ford took the first play to the house for a huge run. Yes, there was bad weather, also the Rebels got up EARLY (not yelling just trying to emphasize that point), and the two's were in the middle of third as well. Which all could contribute to more of the running game, and the big reason... it was working so well. So, I think they did a great job of killing the clock and capping on big plays. Special teams finally got a monkey off their back with a punt return for a touchdown. The D did an outstanding job containing there special skill guys. Again, I agree with you they had 8 sometimes 9 in the box and the Rebs ran all over em, very impressive. In my defence, this is the real first game Alex Ford has run like that, like he did last year and when he is like that he needs the ball and they gave it to him. I AM SOOOOO GLAD TO SEE IT!!! they also had a touchdown by air on screen pass to Ford, very nice play. Great game Rebs.

BIG DISTRICT GAME THIS WEEK!!! Ravenwood needs this one bad, dont slack off.