Franklin Rebels (5-1) @ Ravenwood Raptors (2-3)

huskergymnast33

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I (like most of you) agree that this game should be all about the Rebels. But if I may add some objective analysis... There was another time this season when everybody thought Franklin was the "lock" for a "W", and that was against the BGA Wildcats, and that game turned out to be a little more than any Rebel fan bargained for.

A word to the wise...

FHS by at least 2 td's. The rebel defense will smash the boro defense.

Wow, so not even sure where to start with this one. I thought that Ravenwood's mascot was the Raptor. And I didn't know that both defenses were on the field at the same time. I thought an offense played a defense. Man, maybe that has been my problem with football all this time. :blink:

Big district game for the Rebels this week!!! Don't think it is in the bag until the final bell rings and you get that win. :ugeek:

I was just reading the Williamson AM and noticed that Alex Ford has 61 carries for 630 yards - an average of 10.3 yds. per carry, but only 10.2 carries per game. The same stats. reveal that the FHS QB has a 39% completion percentage. A team can not hope to have a successfully balanced offense ( 50% pass, 50% run) when the passing game has a 60% failure rate. This leads me to an obvious question why doesn't the FHS staff place the ball in Alex Ford's hands more often ?

PS. The Williamson AM did not include the Tackling stats. this morning for any FHS defender. the totals for Timmy Wilson should be included - he has certainly earned the recognition.

I was just reading the Williamson AM and noticed that Alex Ford has 61 carries for 630 yards - an average of 10.3 yds. per carry, but only 10.2 carries per game. The same stats. reveal that the FHS QB has a 39% completion percentage. A team can not hope to have a successfully balanced offense ( 50% pass, 50% run) when the passing game has a 60% failure rate. This leads me to an obvious question why doesn't the FHS staff place the ball in Alex Ford's hands more often ?

PS. The Williamson AM did not include the Tackling stats. this morning for any FHS defender. the totals for Timmy Wilson should be included - he has certainly earned the recognition.

1. he's not the only one carrying the ball - 2 and 5 until he went down.

2. an average is just that - an average - long runs against bad defenses skew the average

3. a pass doesn't have to be caught for it to be successful - it's successful if it pulls defenders out of the box...

4. your obvious question is not so obvious - they are 4-1 with a loss to a good ooltewah team - they seem pretty balanced to me

5. they are as balanced as Ravenwood - Ravenwood has thrown as many picks as touchdowns... fumbled as many as rushed for touchdowns and they get about 75 in the air and 75 on the ground a game