10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

Agreed. With WHH the big kid Bedwell has got the size and seems to have good potential. The smaller kid Ray is just ok. Decent size but slower and not going to turn any heads so far. Bit of an attitude also I've noticed. Think one of their better guards is only a JR also. The main thing about them is their coached well and play together as a team usually. Coaching as a team and the kids understanding that playing selfish isn't tolerated is the only way good teams play up to their potential. Easier said than done with kids these days. The fact that Smith's are only Jr's at CA is one of those "enough-said" type of situations.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upset of the night Houston Co 60 White House Heritage 38 wasn't there, listened to it on the radio.

I'll hand it to HC. They were physical last night, and WHH couldn't match them. WHH could not buy a bucket, and HC got way too many second chance points. HC hit the boards all night, and their zone really affected the WHH offense. Holding true to seasonal form, the refs really sucked. They let the game get out of hand early. However with that being said, HC deserved the win. If that kind of effort was there for HC all season long, they would be top 3-4 right now in the district.

As I said I wasn't there, but it sounded like it got physical and out of hand early. Thank you for saying we deserved the win, I talked to someone this morning and they said the boys played hard. This has been a transitional year for HC , with a new coach, also, injuries affected us all year, Monroe and Featherstone both out the first of the season, Nolen breaking his arm at Jo Byrns, Witherspoon his ankle at CA, then Skelton was out 3 games, and Cooksey quit. Losing Cooksey was a blow, but it was his choice to quit. Anyways, I think last night showed what they are capable of, and I am very proud of them.

From what I know they lose quite a bit with their big guy and the twins leaving. That's really most of their scoring and leadership I'd guess. They have a Jr #42 Mullinix that's about 6'3" and pretty athletic but isn't going to light up the scoreboard. Hustles and hits the boards nice. Probably will be down a fair amount next year but honestly not sure about their young talent. WHH and obviously CA will be strong but many of the rest will surely be down from this year.

WHH will return 4 out of 5 starters, with both big boys (4 and 5 spots) only being Sophs this year. They are just now learning how to use their size. CA will still be the favorites next season mainly due to the Smiths, but WHH should be up there close as well. I see HC and NCS possibly making some noise next year too.

HC loses Skelton and Barnes, which will be tough, but with whats returning, as you said " they may be making some noise " They have some younger boys who can step up on varsity next year too.

From what I know they lose quite a bit with their big guy and the twins leaving. That's really most of their scoring and leadership I'd guess. They have a Jr #42 Mullinix that's about 6'3" and pretty athletic but isn't going to light up the scoreboard. Hustles and hits the boards nice. Probably will be down a fair amount next year but honestly not sure about their young talent. WHH and obviously CA will be strong but many of the rest will surely be down from this year.

WHH will return 4 out of 5 starters, with both big boys (4 and 5 spots) only being Sophs this year. They are just now learning how to use their size. CA will still be the favorites next season mainly due to the Smiths, but WHH should be up there close as well. I see HC and NCS possibly making some noise next year too.

hc played great "team ball" last night the actually broke a press!!! i am happy for them they needed that win that knock WHH down to 3nd and McEwen to 2nd, skelton roper and hammond hit the boards hard last night with some good offensive rebounds and 2nd chance shots, featherstone and monroe sat most of the game due to foul trouble but played extremely well when played, to me it seemed they couldnt stop monroe from driving and scoring, ref's?? horrible on both ends, so now i guess u can say its anybodys chance in the tournament goodluck to all teams

HC loses Skelton and Barnes, which will be tough, but with whats returning, as you said " they may be making some noise " They have some younger boys who can step up on varsity next year too.

hc played great "team ball" last night the actually broke a press!!! i am happy for them they needed that win that knock WHH down to 3nd and McEwen to 2nd, skelton roper and hammond hit the boards hard last night with some good offensive rebounds and 2nd chance shots, featherstone and monroe sat most of the game due to foul trouble but played extremely well when played, to me it seemed they couldnt stop monroe from driving and scoring, ref's?? horrible on both ends, so now i guess u can say its anybodys chance in the tournament goodluck to all teams

I was at the game but i am going to say that WHH got the raw end of the deal with the refs. HC did have one player foul out and two anothers in foul trouble, but WHH had 3 starters foul out, with the other two starters and three bench players also having four fouls apiece. HC was in the double bonus early in the second quater and in the third quater too. HC shot over 40 free throws according to the books while WHH only shot 12. This game was poorly called in favor of HC. I will however give HC credit they played hard, they made free throws, and they owned the boards offensively and defensivly, this had a major impact on the game. This was also probally the best game out of the 4 I have seen HC play this year. Another thing to verify is that Mcewen is still in third place. They must beat CA and WHH in the upcoming week to be in second place. WHH beat CA and Mcewen already, this means WHH will own either tiebreaker if Mcewen loses one of the two games. However if Mcewen wins both games they will finish in second.

Agreed. With WHH the big kid Bedwell has got the size and seems to have good potential. The smaller kid Ray is just ok. Decent size but slower and not going to turn any heads so far. Bit of an attitude also I've noticed. Think one of their better guards is only a JR also. The main thing about them is their coached well and play together as a team usually. No one is allowed to remotely become a one-man show like Woodard at ER. Coaching as a team and the kids understanding that playing selfish isn't tolerated is the only way good teams play up to their potential. Easier said than done with kids these days. The fact that Smith's are only Jr's at CA is one of those "enough-said" type of situations.

You're right on all points. WHH had to make the transition from last year's offensive style, which was more predicated to creating opportunities for Albright, to a offense that looks to feed the ball down low more often than not. Bedwell is still growing into his role as a focal point in the offense. He's starting to get more comfortable with his back to the basket. Ray is athletic, and some feel he has more potential, as he continues to develop his game. He's a football player, and it usually takes him a while to get into basketball mode. The WHH bigs just have to learn how to keep themselves in the game, both literally and mentally. Both the 2 and 3 spots are JRs. The point will be the only starter lost, as well as some depth. Petrone does not get a lot of credit around these parts for the job he has done over the last couple of seasons. He took his team to 2nd in the district last year starting a Frosh, 2 Sophs, 1 Jr & 1 Sr with 3 of those kids being first year starters. But, he has his style of play, and he is able to plug the kids in and keep on going. Players step outside that system, and they're likely to find themselves on the bench as a spectator.

I was at the game but i am going to say that WHH got the raw end of the deal with the refs. HC did have one player foul out and two anothers in foul trouble, but WHH had 3 starters foul out, with the other two starters and three bench players also having four fouls apiece. HC was in the double bonus early in the second quater and in the third quater too. HC shot over 40 free throws according to the books while WHH only shot 12. This game was poorly called in favor of HC. I will however give HC credit they played hard, they made free throws, and they owned the boards offensively and defensivly, this had a major impact on the game. This was also probally the best game out of the 4 I have seen HC play this year. Another thing to verify is that Mcewen is still in third place. They must beat CA and WHH in the upcoming week to be in second place. WHH beat CA and Mcewen already, this means WHH will own either tiebreaker if Mcewen loses one of the two games. However if Mcewen wins both games they will finish in second.

You are right about the current standings. McEwen has 2 district games remaining, while WHH only has to play McEwen in the district. As they stand right now, both have 3 losses. A McEwen loss the CA gives them 4. Even is WHH goes to McEwen next week and loses for thei 4th lose, they still have the tiebreaker, meaning they hold on to 2nd place.

Does anyone know the current 10A standings and potential first round tournament match ups?

1) Clarksville Academy

2)White House Heritage(more than likely)

3) McEwen

4)E. Robertson

5)Nashville Christian

6)Houston County

7)Jo Byrns

8) Merrol Hyde

Merrol Hyde goes to CA

JB goes to WHH

HC goes to MC

NC goes to ER (probably the best match up but who knows)

* 1st round will be played Tuesday Feb. 16th

Does anyone know the current 10A standings and potential first round tournament match ups?

Pretty sure this is the seeds as of now.

1. CA (12-1 in 10A with 1 game left, vs McEwen)

2. MC (9-3 in 10A with 2 games left, @ CA on and vs WHH)

3. WH (9-3 in 10A with 2 games left)

4. ER (7-6 in 10A with 1 game left, vs JB)

5. NC (7-7 in 10A with no games left)

6. HC (5-7 in 10A, with 2 games left @ MH)

7. JB (1-12 in 10A with 1 game left, @ ER)

8. MH (1-12 in 10A with 1 game left vs HC)

I forsee the district ending like this, ER claims #4 with a win over JB, MC finishes 9-5 in 10A and is #3 seed. WHH ends up #2.

My 10A 1st round bracket

1. CA

vs

8. MH/JB

4. ER

vs

5. NC

3. MC

vs

6. HC

2. WHH

vs

7. JB/MH

Not sure what the tiebreaker will be for MH and JB since they split and will end up 1-13 in 10A.

I see the semi-finals being as follows.

1. CA

vs

5. NC

2. WHH

vs

3. MC

Then the 10A finals

1. CA

vs

3. MC

10A champs will be CA