Halls @ Karns

BigTuna

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTV may have more to add, but I know that Dy'shawn Mobley split varsity time at tailback as a freshman last year at Powell. This year, Montario Washington, a freshman, is splitting time with Mobley at tailback.

Powell is building for the future so that makes sense.

Now ask Maryville if they have a habit of playing any Freshman or many sophmores for that matter on varsity. Teams like Halls haven't for good reason others may not be so fortunate due to numbers.

HTV may have more to add, but I know that Dy'shawn Mobley split varsity time at tailback as a freshman last year at Powell. This year, Montario Washington, a freshman, is splitting time with Mobley at tailback.

Powell is building for the future so that makes sense.

Now ask Maryville if they have a habit of playing any Freshman or many sophmores for that matter on varsity. Teams like Halls haven't for good reason others may not be so fortunate due to numbers.

Now why doesn't Halls play freshmen and sophomores? 0-6 what do they have to lose? Just curious

Austin Sande and Jon Strozyk, both Powell freshman, played a good bit against AC, which dresses all of its freshman.

Austin Sande and Jon Strozyk, both Powell freshman, played a good bit against AC, which dresses all of its freshman.

Last season, Mobley, Colby Skeen, and Darian Logan all lettered as freshman. This season there should be several that letter as well. The Powell staff doesn't seem to have a problem playing a freshman if they can contribute. The Halls staff might want to think about it.

I posted that Halls would get thier first win over Karns very disappointed that my boys played has bad has they did but guys I understand I played for your coaches two years I know what you have to deal with. Boden must of had the cuffs put on tonight, big miscue on the first and 10 from 13. I sat in the stands and one of my friends parents said the hc had an offer to go somewhere else last summer if you believe that I was an all state player for khs same type of bs.

Stroyzk is a starter at corner. Sande and Washington are in the varsity running back rotation.

Of Powell's 22 starters, 8 are sophomores and 1 is a freshman, and that's not even counting Sande and Washington or the other backups who are sophomores. They are a very young football team.

Last season, Mobley, Colby Skeen, and Darian Logan all lettered as freshman. This season there should be several that letter as well. The Powell staff doesn't seem to have a problem playing a freshman if they can contribute. The Halls staff might want to think about it.

I know this is a Halls/Karns thread, but now that you mention it.....is Skeen still hurt?

Now why doesn't Halls play freshmen and sophomores? 0-6 what do they have to lose? Just curious

Tradition. Halls has always had a large contingent of players. But the question was put to rest last night.

Everything clicked like it was suppose too. Running game close to 200 yards 11/13 passing was unbelievable from Dowdy & Coffman. Gresham had a breakout game Defense throwing a shutout. Everything came together. A life lesson taught on this one with many smiling faces.

We are a wounded animal at the moment I think we will be tough to beat going into the post season. We have three winable games and with a little luck who knows?

How bout them Red Devils :thumb: I am ready for some more. :roflol:

Hip, Hip , Hooray the Devils stuck it big last night. FINALLY A WIN!!! All is well in Devil land now that we closed the deal on our first w. Makes you wonder what would happen if Dowdy was healthly all year long.

I asked this sometime back, but does anyone know how many loosing seasons there has been in HHS history?

Halls got their 1st win and what a win it was! These guys released their frustration and put 39 on the board. Their game play was finally reflected on the score board! Zach Dowdy was back as starter and did a great job along with Josh Coffman. Garrett Gresham had a few misses but overall had a great game. Jake Long dominated as he always does. Sam Alley who we have not seen a lot of had a great game. The list goes on, and on...lots of kids were on and off that field and all clicked as the true team they are. This team has a brotherhood like no other. Congrats Devils, good job on bringing in that Red Devil show...! This is the type of scoring these boys have deserved all season long. Keep that wheel turning and finish it out! We know you can do it so bring it all out boys!