White House at Smith County

originalSC3

White House has lost 3 of their last 4 overall and Smith County has been flawless this season outside of the trip up against Westmoreland. This is the Owls chance to beat an "elite" type of team. For White House it is just an opportunity to get back on track following a rough month of September.

Losing 3 out of the last 4 games, even tho they were close, ( total of 9 points for the 3 losses ), doesn't

make an "elite" team. Better than their record...maybe. Elite..Nope.

Should be a good game...Owls have a shot here.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House has a very good football team. They are well coached and very physical. Good running game (45) and very good passing game. QB is a very good player who can hurt you throwing the ball. They will likely line up and pound the ball on the ground. The Owls must stop the running game first and foremost. There will be a lot of pressure put on Johnston by the WH defense. The Owls must play mistake free football. Receivers catch the ball as they did against Upperman and mix the running game to keep WH honest. Someone mentioned earlier that these two teams have scrimmaged each other for the past 10-15 years and each program knows each other. I will also say that each program respects each other because of coaching, discipline and toughness. This will be a good game if the Owls can stop the pounding of #45.

These two teams have either played each other during the season or faced off in a scrimmage almost every year since the 80's. What are this years thoughts?

:mrgreen:

I HOPE WHITE HOUSE DOESNT TAKE SC FOR GRANTED. I THINK THE WESTMORELAND LOSS WAS A FLUKE. I SEE THIS GAME BEING CLOSE. I DO SEE DIXON WITH ABOUT 150 AND 2 TDS.

ILL SAY WHITE HOUSE 29 SC 21

I don't think Coach Porter will allow his team to overlook the Owls. White House will be the best team the Owls have faced so far this year. Greenwade and Dixon are great players. We will need to play better and more aggressive this game to have a shot at the upset.

:D

I hope SC can stop the pass because the White House QB is something else. They can go 75 yards in 2 plays so hopefully SC can defend that. I haven't seen SC play this year but have seen White House play Beech & Goodpasture. They came within 1 play of beating Goodpasture (GP intercepted it in the in-zone with 2 secs left) and thought it was 3rd down against Beech and spiked the ball on 4th

Actually SC has faced 2 quarterbacks so far this year, Poteete Dekalb Co and Grace Macon Co, that outrank the White House QB. But I have not seen the White House QB play either so as a playmaker I don't know what he can do.

Greenwood has a cannon for an arm and is accurate. I would give Poteete the edge because of his scrambling / running ability to go along with the great arm. No offense intended, but Grace is not in the same league as them. His numbers are bigger because Macon throws the ball every play.

I HOPE WHITE HOUSE DOESNT TAKE SC FOR GRANTED. I THINK THE WESTMORELAND LOSS WAS A FLUKE. I SEE THIS GAME BEING CLOSE. I DO SEE DIXON WITH ABOUT 150 AND 2 TDS.

I don't think Coach Porter will allow his team to overlook the Owls. White House will be the best team the Owls have faced so far this year. Greenwade and Dixon are great players. We will need to play better and more aggressive this game to have a shot at the upset.

Porter may have his hands full trying to get the team up after last week, and the week before, and... you see where in going. This has been a tough stretch. Maybe some of the most exciting games I have seen. And to come up on the short end stinks! I do think if White House show up to play, We win. But who knows if they can after they left it on the field last week.

White House has a very good football team. They are well coached and very physical. Good running game (45) and very good passing game. QB is a very good player who can hurt you throwing the ball. They will likely line up and pound the ball on the ground. The Owls must stop the running game first and foremost. There will be a lot of pressure put on Johnston by the WH defense. The Owls must play mistake free football. Receivers catch the ball as they did against Upperman and mix the running game to keep WH honest. Someone mentioned earlier that these two teams have scrimmaged each other for the past 10-15 years and each program knows each other. I will also say that each program respects each other because of coaching, discipline and toughness. This will be a good game if the Owls can stop the pounding of #45.

YEA WATCH OUT FOR #45 HE CAN GO THE DISTANCE ON ANY PLAY. BIG PLAYMAKER. SO REMEMBER WHEN THE GAME STARTS LOOK OUT FOR #45.

:thumb:

Porter may have his hands full trying to get the team up after last week, and the week before, and... you see where in going. This has been a tough stretch. Maybe some of the most exciting games I have seen. And to come up on the short end stinks! I do think if White House show up to play, We win. But who knows if they can after they left it on the field last week.

ILL HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU BALLFAN.COACH P WILL AND ALWAYS HAS HIS TEAMS READY FOR FRIDAY NIGHTS,HES PROLLY THE BEST MOTIVATOR IVE EVER HEARD.WE ARE TOUGHT AT AN EARLY AGE TO LEAVE IT ALL OUT THERE ON THE FIELD.BECAUSE IF YOU DONT YOU WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH IT IF YOU DIDNT.I LOOK TO SEE A BUNCH OF ANGRY DEVILS COME FRIDAY NIGHT.....

Poteet may be more talented than the white house Qb but the white house Qb has far better talent around him! I dont think Sc has faced a defense as talented as this one this year, because there schedule so far has been pretty soft. I also don't believe they have seen the speed of White house! Maybe they have in passing camps and scrimmages but thats not game action. With Sc playing so many young kids (even though they do have there fair amount of seniors) I believe white house takes this game big!