White House at Smith County

originalSC3

I hope the Owls can pull it out, but I don't look for them too.

Even John Wood wasn't too optimistic on the radio tonight.

First off personally I would not consider John Wood as an expert analyst. With that being said it's no secret to anybody that this game will be the biggest test of the year thus far for the Owls. They are gonna have to play pretty much flawless to win, but it's happened before. If SC will come out and play like they are capable of playing then it should be a pretty good game. I think they can keep it close and depending on the bounce of the ball possibly win.

ty ty ty for voicing your opinion on JW and his footballness .. I refuse to tune in to the Owls games even to check a score, I'll phone a friend first. He and his cohorts nearly make my ears bleed ..

the game will be a dogfight, Owls will have to dig deep and respond in a timely way. I'm thinking it could get ugly in Carthage .. White House comes to play, they don't usually diddle around .. Go Owls .. :thumb:[/quote

Shame shame shame BB...ears bleed?? "Kill 'em with kindness" you said. That wasn't very kind. B) Although I'm inclined to agree. JW talks too much and says way too much stupid stuff. He should let the others(that know ball) talk more. JW should at least know the key players name, numbers, and positions after 7 games. But your bunch is as bad...way,way too much yelling and screaming over little or nothing.

See, that's the difference. SC can diddle around , and still win sometimes. Remember?? See? I'm smiling :D (sorry again Blubellz, I couldn't resist but I am working on that "kindness" thing.) :thumb:

Your right Blubellz. SC had better be ready. After 2 straight losses, I know W.H. will be.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Whitehouse has a very good team. I think the jury is still out on Smith County, they play in a very week cup-cake region. SC has impressive wins over very mediocre teams. If SC beats Whitehouse then they can say they have turned the corner.

+1, you nailed that one on the head. I say White House takes this one.

Shame shame shame BB...ears bleed?? "Kill 'em with kindness" you said. That wasn't very kind. :thumb: Although I'm inclined to agree. JW talks too much and says way too much stupid stuff. He should let the others(that know ball) talk more. JW should at least know the key players name, numbers, and positions after 7 games. But your bunch is as bad...way,way too much yelling and screaming over little or nothing.

See, that's the difference. SC can diddle around , and still win sometimes. Remember?? See? I'm smiling :D (sorry again Blubellz, I couldn't resist but I am working on that "kindness" thing.)

Your right Blubellz. SC had better be ready. After 2 straight losses, I know W.H. will be.

TY for your honesty .. I know the kindness thing a new one for you but it's looking good :D And I agree that the Gville announcers get a tad carried away, thing is, I seldom hear them .. I'm usually there or somewhere without AM reception and no internet. LOL .. I have been talking to some WH faithful and they're geared up and ready to rumble .. might be an interesting night for both Carthage Owls and the Gville Tigers ..

I hope the Owls can come out on top but it's a battle .. as for the Tigers, depends on which Tiger team shows up .

SC will have to play a nearly perfect game to win this one. No turnovers, no stupid penalties, no dropped passes or anything like that. And with that being said, they need to take advantage of every turnover, stupid penalty, etc. that WH has. I know there are a lot of people doubting SC in this game, but I honestly believe if SC plays like the team i know they are, they will put up a fight, and quite possibly pull the upset. GO OWLS!!!! :D

SC will have to play a nearly perfect game to win this one. No turnovers, no stupid penalties, no dropped passes or anything like that. And with that being said, they need to take advantage of every turnover, stupid penalty, etc. that WH has. I know there are a lot of people doubting SC in this game, but I honestly believe if SC plays like the team i know they are, they will put up a fight, and quite possibly pull the upset. GO OWLS!!!! :D

I say if SC plays a perfect game, no fumbles no penalty's they get drilled by only 28

I say if SC plays a perfect game, no fumbles no penalty's they get drilled by only 28

With each post...you impress me more and more. :thumb: You should be familiar with getting drilled by 28. :D

I can't figure out why everyone just seems to think right away that the Owls will get smacked in this one. Smith County is a very good football team and they are playing like it. The Westmoreland loss was the best thing to ever happen to the Owls because it got their full attention early in the season.

White House is the team that has fallen on tough times lately. They lost to Station Camp, Beech, & Goodpasture yes however in the preseason I can assure anyone that the Blue Devils would have been favored in all of those games. The Blue Devils better take care of business because even though they did beat Greenbrier they are still possibly a loss to Smith County + a loss to Sycamore away from missing the playoffs altogether. Their district is very top heavy and Greenbrier & Sycamore are playing very good football right now.

GOOD LUCK TO THE OWLS IN THIS ONE :D

I can't figure out why everyone just seems to think right away that the Owls will get smacked in this one. Smith County is a very good football team and they are playing like it. The Westmoreland loss was the best thing to ever happen to the Owls because it got their full attention early in the season.

White House is the team that has fallen on tough times lately. They lost to Station Camp, Beech, & Goodpasture yes however in the preseason I can assure anyone that the Blue Devils would have been favored in all of those games. The Blue Devils better take care of business because even though they did beat Greenbrier they are still possibly a loss to Smith County + a loss to Sycamore away from missing the playoffs altogether. Their district is very top heavy and Greenbrier & Sycamore are playing very good football right now.

GOOD LUCK TO THE OWLS IN THIS ONE :roflol:

Oh...SC will be ready to play. This game could be very important for playoff seeding. It's a must win for WH after two heartbreaking losses. As said before...these teams have scrimmaged for many years...so both will be familiar with each other. We have much respect for their coaches...and program. All of those scrimmages were headknockers. I expect no different Friday.

I hope SC can stop the pass because the White House QB is something else. They can go 75 yards in 2 plays so hopefully SC can defend that. I haven't seen SC play this year but have seen White House play Beech & Goodpasture. They came within 1 play of beating Goodpasture (GP intercepted it in the in-zone with 2 secs left) and thought it was 3rd down against Beech and spiked the ball on 4th down in field goal range. Be prepared to go 80 yards every time WH scores because WH kicker puts it through the goal post on kickoffs. My guess would be WH will win this one.