TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

For all that it matters Barry sanders was 5"8

It matters alot in this argument. Comp is saying you have to be in the 6' range to be recruited by a D1 school. Barry Sanders was the best running back EVER. Even playing for the Lyons. There are alot, and I mean alot of 5'8"-5'10" running backs in D1 right now. Alot of the running backs comming out of high school will be turned into linebackers and defensive backs in college. I think the ACC would be a good fit for Chris Sensabaugh at this point. But if he gets a little bigger and stronger over the next year (210-220) he could play in the SEC. I think the scouts can see he's getting alot of yardage on his on.

CS could play in just about any confrence...very talented kid.

Jones Drew at Jacksonville is only 5''7 Walter Payton 5"10,Emmit Smith 5"9,Deangelo Williams 5"9,Steve Slaton 5"9,Ladainian Tomlinson5"10,Michael Turner 5"10,Frank Gore 5"9,Brian Westbrook 5"9.

The List goes on and on Yes you have a few Big fast backs Adrian Peterson 6"2,Steven Jackson 6"2,Darren Mcfadden 6"2. But the great Majority of your D1 and NFL caliber backs are under 6"0. Quickness is what its all about in D1 that 40 burst.And if you also have a great 100 time that don,t hurt either.

Comp... I have been down the recruiting road way ahead of ya .So I know what they want. My son was Kris Worley Rb at THS during the mid to late 90s(some may remember him some may not) senior year was 5''9 195lb ran a 4.44 electronically timed 40 at a Ga.Tech camp was courted heavily by some SEC and ACC schools. But grades were a factor.. its a shame, but hey thats life. So don,t come on here and say just because a kid is not a beast at 6"2 he can,t play on Sat. That BS and you know it.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all that it matters Barry sanders was 5"8

It matters alot in this argument. Comp is saying you have to be in the 6' range to be recruited by a D1 school. Barry Sanders was the best running back EVER. Even playing for the Lyons. There are alot, and I mean alot of 5'8"-5'10" running backs in D1 right now. Alot of the running backs comming out of high school will be turned into linebackers and defensive backs in college. I think the ACC would be a good fit for Chris Sensabaugh at this point. But if he gets a little bigger and stronger over the next year (210-220) he could play in the SEC. I think the scouts can see he's getting alot of yardage on his on.

CS could play in just about any confrence...very talented kid.

Jones Drew at Jacksonville is only 5''7 Walter Payton 5"10,Emmit Smith 5"9,Deangelo Williams 5"9,Steve Slaton 5"9,Ladainian Tomlinson5"10,Michael Turner 5"10,Frank Gore 5"9,Brian Westbrook 5"9.

The List goes on and on Yes you have a few Big fast backs Adrian Peterson 6"2,Steven Jackson 6"2,Darren Mcfadden 6"2. But the great Majority of your D1 and NFL caliber backs are under 6"0. Quickness is what its all about in D1 that 40 burst.And if you also have a great 100 time that don,t hurt either.

Comp... I have been down the recruiting road way ahead of ya .So I know what they want. My son was Kris Worley Rb at THS during the mid to late 90s(some may remember him some may not) senior year was 5''9 195lb ran a 4.44 electronically timed 40 at a Ga.Tech camp was courted heavily by some SEC and ACC schools. But grades were a factor.. its a shame, but hey thats life. So don,t come on here and say just because a kid is not a beast at 6"2 he can,t play on Sat. That BS and you know it.

Couch c'mon man. I would think you to be a little more intelegent than most on here. I can't talk down to you because I have respect for you from over the years here on the T. But You didn't even read my post. You just assumed that what everybody else said was the gospel. I said nothing about a RB being 6'2". NOTHING! I could have said white men can't jump and it would have turned into a black racial issue. Incredible! Igronance is incredible. I'm not going to explain what I said because you can go find the post and read it if you want to be informed. And don't read it if you are content with being mislead. My son was a RB...a 5'9" RB and all the best RB's are 5'9"ish not just Barry Sanders. Earl Campbell was the big back exception. Most colleges want a small back...we all know why. Please, before you come on here trying to educate me in my specialty (and it is my specialty) think first and give a little respect. My son was performing the spin move and understood the cutback in his first year in Optimist league. We didn't know who Reggie Bush was then. And Barry Sanders did not invent the spin move. I know because I taught it to him (my son). I learned it in 1970 from my HS football coach. He had no problem understanding it or performing the "6 essential" RB moves because he is a second degree blackbelt (1st degree at the time in the 5th grade) and grew up practicing body altering moves with the legs (the heavyest part of the body) and was already a master at such moves by the time he decided to play football. By the time he began football he was already 4 time TN State Champion and 4 time US National Junior Olympic competitor with one Bronze finish in his belt and rank division in Taekwondo. So don't try to educate me that speed and quickness are what it is about in college football and especially Division I. Incredible. Like a bunch of women on here. Incredible.

It's going to be alright boys. What's meant to be is meant to be and it's a good thing it isn't up to us! All of these boys are just that: boys --and yet we talk about them like comparing cars. Which is faster, quicker, more desired, etc.

I don't know about you, but I think these boys are concentrating on finishing out the season with wins and aren't thinking much about what's going to happen after the season. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on these kids and how they play but I think if you're going to put a name to it, you better be nice. How would you like to be called out on here as a 17 or 18 yr old saying you're not as great as you think you are and your dreams are just that, dreams. Leave them alone and let them play ball. Who cares how big, tall or fast you are!!!! Have fun, loosen up, make some memories and great lifetime friends, be a good person.

God has his plan and great things can happen to those who deserve it and it sometimes doesn't happen to those who deserve it. Such is life-teaches us valuable lessons. Now, let's go play football Friday night!!!! GO VIKINGS!

Comp, I think you need to check back in to the nut house. Your going to be walking around with Harry down town by the end of the year. :thumb:

OMG...I need a drink. And you...just because you said 6'2" well there they go! Well Waco said........... Check it out...we got Harry you know...and of course years ago there was Little Paul...remember him? Well, at the Viking/DB game I met Shamu. What a trip! This guy is out there. When he first passed by me I thought, "what the hey". Then I heard the word Shamu and so I said, "are You Shamu?" And he rattled of something as he stormed off. This guys on a mission. Could still be in Viet Nam. Did you get wet Jack? Check back into the nut house? Is yo' mama cooking' supper? 'Cause if she is then I'll bring BobbyMama. It's OK with you right. Maybe we can play some shoufleboard. Cap, tell us about Shamu.

Comp, I think you need to check back in to the nut house. Your going to be walking around with Harry down town by the end of the year. :thumb:

OMG...I need a drink. And you...just because you said 6'2" well there they go! Well Waco said........... Check it out...we got Harry you know...and of course years ago there was Little Paul...remember him? Well, at the Viking/DB game I met Shamu. What a trip! This guy is out there. When he first passed by me I thought, "what the hey". Then I heard the word Shamu and so I said, "are You Shamu?" And he rattled of something as he stormed off. This guys on a mission. Could still be in Viet Nam. Did you get wet Jack? Check back into the nut house? Is yo' mama cooking' supper? 'Cause if she is then I'll bring BobbyMama. It's OK with you right. Maybe we can play some shoufleboard. Cap, tell us about Shamu.

Are you talking about the Viking associate head coach,Shamus? :wacko:

I think he was the acting head coach for the last 4 years.

quote="WaCoJaCo"]Comp, I think you need to check back in to the nut house. Your going to be walking around with Harry down town by the end of the year. :thumb:

Are you talking about the Viking associate head coach,Shamus? :lol:

I think he was the acting head coach for the last 4 years.

B):wacko:

Well he was dressed like a coach but I think he was a bit dillusional.

I happen to know a little about the sport of Taekwondo Comp.Every time one of my older boys has done something big,I've given praise and then told a story of how a thousand could have done that, but be glad it was your day.I used to think I was a pretty bad boy in my time,but when you run into guys that have fought fights like in ''blood sport,''you remember your place and how to say "sir".What I'm saying is ,that I know how to give credit where credit is do.Your son is a fine athlete and I enjoyed watching him run at South,and I say the same about a young man that I've watched in all sports for many years and now wears number 32 for the Tribe

I happen to know a little about the sport of Taekwondo Comp.Every time one of my older boys has done something big,I've given praise and then told a story of how a thousand could have done that, but be glad it was your day.I used to think I was a pretty bad boy in my time,but when you run into guys that have fought fights like in ''blood sport,''you remember your place and how to say "sir".What I'm saying is ,that I know how to give credit where credit is do.Your son is a fine athlete and I enjoyed watching him run at South,and I say the same about a young man that I've watched in all sports for many years and now wears number 32 for the Tribe

Batman, that post was not about my son. I was merely using my son and his abilities and experiences to try and make Couch understand that I am not in the dark when it comes to understanding football. Especially RB's and their size and speed requirements. But I guess you read what you wanted to read. Which is what everyone seems to be doing. So what's new.

Batman, that post was not about my son. I was merely using my son and his abilities and experiences to try and make Couch understand that I am not in the dark when it comes to understanding football. Especially RB's and their size and speed requirements. But I guess you read what you wanted to read. Which is what everyone seems to be doing. So what's new.

A coworker reading this said his son could jump over tall buildings,but was using his abilities to talk about superman :mrgreen: I had to tell that one