Blackman vs Oakland @ The Inferno Game 8

First let me apologize to the two posters who were friends with the fine lady who died. I was going on information I was told by a Blackman football parent. Obviously you two young men are more in the know than my source was. I humbly apologize to you both. My intentions were not to cause you any pain. That was a very sad thing.

Second......the majority of the discussion on here about the band was not JUST from Oakland fans. There were also Riverdale, Blackman,& Smyrna folk chiming in. The initial post slamming on them was from bulldogsalltheway, who is the daughter of Blackman's current head football coach. Obviously, this was a sore point within their family. I do understand why they were upset. I just assumed that Shad knew the band was playing at half-time since the clock never started at half like they usually do. I also assumed the band must play after the game on the field as being a normal thing.... you never know what traditions are honored at other schools. Suppose that really wasn't the case. News Flash....bulldogsalltheway is being held hostage inside a tuba.

As for our PA guy. I do expect the PA guy at high schools to be slanted toward their own program. Why shouldn't they be? I do like them to get excited when we do well. I also DO expect them to show courtesy toward the other team by announcing who made the tackle, catch, first down, stats, etc. For some reason, ours doesn't. I don't care for it and will readily admit that it has been discussed repeatedly in my little group at the games. None of us like it. To each his own. I know when we are at other stadiums and they don't announce our kids, it makes me really angry. So I understand the resentment and frustration, but also know this won't change a thing and I also know the reason why.

Lastly, I am excited that we won and am so proud of the poise of our players. Our dline didn't disappoint and had something to prove. They acccomplished that. Good luck to everyone next week.

ONE more thing........the Patton kid is a STUD at LB. Wish we had him at OHS.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for the late response...i've been out of town and as i said, was not able to see the game friday!...however...after many conversations it sounds like...

1. oaklands big n powerful O-line and D-line won this battle

2. oakland won the field position battle

3. oakland won the turnover battle

this for sure spells a victory...many blackman fans told me you guys were impressive and well coached...and i personally congradulate all of you, coaches , players and fans for a great win...honestly, i thought it might end up 7-0 with a real defensive look to the game...and it nearly did...no shame in losing this game to the defending state champs the way we did...oakland, yall are for real...again...

with all of that said, it continues to confuse me as to why some of the post on this thread say that blackman is not a very good team...we lost to a very good oakland team 14-0 (but 7-0 until under a minute left) and our defense stepped up on 2 or 3 short field positions for oakland in the first half and stopped oakland...oakland has lost to two very good football teams in overtime...

we beat a very good siegel team...who only lost to riverdale by 1 point and riverdale beat oakland

we beat a very good smyrna team...who barely lost to riverdale and again riverdale beat oakland...and smyrna lost in overtime to ensworth which beat oakland in overtime too

it seems to me...and maybe it's just me...that none of these teams are not very good football teams...seems very even overall...depending how the game shakes out on that particular night! i'm amazed at the talent in this district...and i'll think we will see some re-matches at some point in the playoff's...i'd just like to see oakland real late in the bracket instead of early... :thumb:

PBD, those are not the games folks are kidding about. Those are less than HALF of y'alls schedule this year. Its the Cane Ridge and LC games some are crowing so loud about as getting y'all ready for the likes of Brentwood and Oakland. Those are two VERY tough contest for y'all. You have the chance this week to pass one of those tests after failing to last week.

sorry for the late response...i've been out of town and as i said, was not able to see the game friday!...however...after many conversations it sounds like...

1. oaklands big n powerful O-line and D-line won this battle

2. oakland won the field position battle

3. oakland won the turnover battle

this for sure spells a victory...many blackman fans told me you guys were impressive and well coached...and i personally congradulate all of you, coaches , players and fans for a great win...honestly, i thought it might end up 7-0 with a real defensive look to the game...and it nearly did...no shame in losing this game to the defending state champs the way we did...oakland, yall are for real...again...

with all of that said, it continues to confuse me as to why some of the post on this thread say that blackman is not a very good team...we lost to a very good oakland team 14-0 (but 7-0 until under a minute left) and our defense stepped up on 2 or 3 short field positions for oakland in the first half and stopped oakland...oakland has lost to two very good football teams in overtime...

we beat a very good siegel team...who only lost to riverdale by 1 point and riverdale beat oakland

we beat a very good smyrna team...who barely lost to riverdale and again riverdale beat oakland...and smyrna lost in overtime to ensworth which beat oakland in overtime too

it seems to me...and maybe it's just me...that none of these teams are not very good football teams...seems very even overall...depending how the game shakes out on that particular night! i'm amazed at the talent in this district...and i'll think we will see some re-matches at some point in the playoff's...i'd just like to see oakland real late in the bracket instead of early... :flower:

If you go back and read my posts through out the week I kept saying, "if you want respect win Friday night." Well I think I was wrong. Because the fact is Blackman played one of the better teams in the state Friday night and just came up a little short. Blackman gained my respect Friday night. I think all I really wanted to see was if Blackman could play with the top teams in the state, the "Big Boys" if you will. And they proved Friday night that they can. I also said all week that I didnt believe that Blackman would be able to block OHS's front 7 on def. And this turned out to be the key to the game Friday night. McAdoo just refused to be blocked! He is going to be a beast @ UK! I think all Friday night did was add more inticipation to next Friday's RHS vs BHS game. I think this could be the biggest game between these two since the 2001-02 playoff games! But first of all, BHS better have their full concentration on Brentwood. Because you know Coach Crawford will have his team ready!

PBD, those are not the games folks are kidding about. Those are less than HALF of y'alls schedule this year. Its the Cane Ridge and LC games some are crowing so loud about as getting y'all ready for the likes of Brentwood and Oakland. Those are two VERY tough contest for y'all. You have the chance this week to pass one of those tests after failing to last week.

yes...i know LOD...we've had some easy teams...but blackman has proved that they have a chance in each game they enter...and this has not been true in the past...!

First let me apologize to the two posters who were friends with the fine lady who died. I was going on information I was told by a Blackman football parent. Obviously you two young men are more in the know than my source was. I humbly apologize to you both. My intentions were not to cause you any pain. That was a very sad thing.

Second......the majority of the discussion on here about the band was not JUST from Oakland fans. There were also Riverdale, Blackman,& Smyrna folk chiming in. The initial post slamming on them was from bulldogsalltheway, who is the daughter of Blackman's current head football coach. Obviously, this was a sore point within their family. I do understand why they were upset. I just assumed that Shad knew the band was playing at half-time since the clock never started at half like they usually do. I also assumed the band must play after the game on the field as being a normal thing.... you never know what traditions are honored at other schools. Suppose that really wasn't the case. News Flash....bulldogsalltheway is being held hostage inside a tuba.

As for our PA guy. I do expect the PA guy at high schools to be slanted toward their own program. Why shouldn't they be? I do like them to get excited when we do well. I also DO expect them to show courtesy toward the other team by announcing who made the tackle, catch, first down, stats, etc. For some reason, ours doesn't. I don't care for it and will readily admit that it has been discussed repeatedly in my little group at the games. None of us like it. To each his own. I know when we are at other stadiums and they don't announce our kids, it makes me really angry. So I understand the resentment and frustration, but also know this won't change a thing and I also know the reason why.

Lastly, I am excited that we won and am so proud of the poise of our players. Our dline didn't disappoint and had something to prove. They acccomplished that. Good luck to everyone next week.

The problem at OHS is not that he is for OHS. The problem is that he NEVER announces anybody on the other team (blatantly disrespectful)...drowns out HIS OWN SCHOOL'S BAND when they play with pathetic cliche techno-disco at volume levels similar to being behind a 747 taking off...tries to "be cute" (the Andy Griffith song when T. Mayberry makes a good play - this is ridiculous)...his screaming of

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH-ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE" instead of touchtown..etc...

OHS can be better. There are ways to win with class.

The problem at OHS is not that he is for OHS. The problem is that he NEVER announces anybody on the other team (blatantly disrespectful)...drowns out HIS OWN SCHOOL'S BAND when they play with pathetic cliche techno-disco at volume levels similar to being behind a 747 taking off...tries to "be cute" (the Andy Griffith song when T. Mayberry makes a good play - this is ridiculous)...his screaming of

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH-ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE" instead of touchtown..etc...

OHS can be better. There are ways to win with class.

What if I were to tell you that you don't know what you are talking about and these are 2 different people. :roflol: