Maryville at Farragut

FBEmeritus

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't this game on a Thursday?

I hope Maryville never plays on another Thursday night. Thursday night games just don't do it for me. The TV coverage and weeknight hinder the turnout - not to mention the fact that Friday nights during the fall in Tennessee are meant for high school football.

By playing on Thursday night, Maryville avoided playing on a muddy waterlogged field... Oh? No they didn't ... nevermind. :popcorneater:

Farragut will beat Maryville like a rented mule. Maryville shouldn't even be in the same classification with a team as well balanced and as strong as Farragut. Better talent.......bigger.....faster.....top coaches.....home field....and Knoxville refs. My prediction......

Farragut 53

Maryville 3

Why isn't this game on a Thursday?

I hope Maryville never plays on another Thursday night. Thursday night games just don't do it for me. The TV coverage and weeknight hinder the turnout - not to mention the fact that Friday nights during the fall in Tennessee are meant for high school football.

By playing on Thursday night, Maryville avoided playing on a muddy waterlogged field... Oh? No they didn't ... nevermind. :roll:

Well, at least you are not using it as an excuse, I mean you have hardly brought it up.

Farragut will beat Maryville like a rented mule. Maryville shouldn't even be in the same classification with a team as well balanced and as strong as Farragut. Better talent.......bigger.....faster.....top coaches.....home field....and Knoxville refs. My prediction......

Farragut 53

Maryville 3

I know you are just being funny, but Farragut is a tough team.

GQ may win by two TDs but it wil not be easy, I would like to see the Maryville QB air it out like he did against Catholic... Then it could get interesting.

after seeing them both play, it will be a battle..

Farragut 53

Maryville 3

I know you are just being funny, but Farragut is a tough team.

GQ may win by two TDs but it wil not be easy, I would like to see the Maryville QB air it out like he did against Catholic... Then it could get interesting.

after seeing them both play, it will be a battle..

I do think it will be a battle. Farragut has more athletes and can run the ball.....something Maryville has struggled stopping.....reference Alcoa and Catholic. With the combination of a strong passing game they will be difficult to keep out of the end zone. West will be back this week so that will make Maryville better on both sides of the ball and I give GQ and staff a slight edge versus the Farragut coaching staff.

My prediction.... Farragut by 3 to 7. Should be fun

I am still trying to get a better understanding of the new playoff system but I think it is possible that these two teams will meet again in the 3rd round of the playoffs. If that is the case, I can see a great rivalry beginning much like the Maryville/Central rivalrys in the past. These two teams will get very familiar with each other in the coming years.

If anyone has a good understanding of the new brackets, give us some insight....am I right about the rematch in round 3?

I am still trying to get a better understanding of the new playoff system but I think it is possible that these two teams will meet again in the 3rd round of the playoffs. If that is the case, I can see a great rivalry beginning much like the Maryville/Central rivalrys in the past. These two teams will get very familiar with each other in the coming years.

If anyone has a good understanding of the new brackets, give us some insight....am I right about the rematch in round 3?

Depending on how it plays out, could be as early as round #2.

Watch out farragut fans, Maryville is up next. I have watched both teams play more than once and both are great football teams. On paper you have to say Farragut, all the weapons on offense, and a very aggressive defense, and one of the better running backs around. But Farragut was in a dog fight with Cathalic high early in the season, and maryville took complete control of that game in the second half. I love Maryvilles QB and their defense is young but solid thanks to Coach Gaylor. With Maryville it comes down to coaching, and they have the best coaching staff around, and always have there team prepared for the game. A great match up but Maryville will win a very close game. Sorry Farragut but Maryville is the better all around team.