Maryville at Farragut

FBEmeritus

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can is is that Farragut was tough when they played Oak Ridge.. If that team shows up... who knows.

Pep Volunteer,

I just received a Video (Utube) of Your guy Eric Berry, It is one of the funniest ever! At least Ben Tate from Auburn, thinks so (twitter)

As you know Peyton Manning did not win the Heisman trophy back in 97, do you think a rap video would have helped him?

Please watch it.. Good stuff! Funny!

This one has the makings of a GREAT high school football game. Two good coaching staffs who do a good job of making adjustments at half which shows in the way each of these teams are strong second half teams. My edge for coaches would have to go to GQ and his staff. Both teams are rolling on offense with Farragut's offense being a little more consistent. Farragut is very even balanced with great running backs, great quarterback receiver(s). Edge on offense to Farragut. The sixty four dollar question is the defenses, both have shown some good things and both have faltered a little at times, I think defense would be a toss up. The edge for intangibles would go to Maryville, they do not get rattled and know how to win. The special teams could play a big part in the game also, give the special teams edge to Maryville. I think Maryville finds a way to pull out a win in what should be a great football game.

Maryville 27

Farragut 24

I was crunching some numbers for curiousity's sake....not sure what this means other than it will be a good game. Against common opponents this year (West, OR, heritage, bearden, and catholic), Maryville scored 160 pts and Farragut scored 162. Maryville allowed 45 pts and Farragut allowed 54. I think the biggest conclusion is I have too much time on my hands.

:cry: Great Post ! :lol:

This should be a great game. I'll refrain from a prediction as I usually do, but do hope Maryville wins. I thought they were more gracious in their win over Catholic than Farragut was. There's something to be said for winning with class. (This is aimed more at the parents and students than at the team)

Why isn't this game on a Thursday? Did VolunteerTV seriously think Morristown West-Jefferson Co. was a better choice?

Why isn't this game on a Thursday?

I hope Maryville never plays on another Thursday night. Thursday night games just don't do it for me. The TV coverage and weeknight hinder the turnout - not to mention the fact that Friday nights during the fall in Tennessee are meant for high school football.

Look I'm sorry Maryville fans. I hate to pick against you because you all have a good program and good fans and I thought we really got to see a good game last week. The fact of the matter is, I have seen both play and I'm telling you, Purdy is a good back, Browning is a great QB, Van Dyne is a great receiver, and this team has weapons to beat you through the air or on the ground. With your two best (well as I was told) players out, it will be hard to stop the run. Catholic ran for nearly 200 yards in the first half but was limited after that. Against farragut it will be a different story. If you count on the run like you did with Cozart, then they can sure bomb it. Williamson was a good QB last week, but the receivers were hurting with spencer mackle out. And Farragut doesn't run out of gas like catholic does.

prediction- 31- 24 Farragut.