Hampton VS Unaka

dogbreath

Oldeagle, what got him the flag that night was a non holding call on one of you're guys. Everyone on our sidelines saw it and He asked for a call, the ref told him he didn't need any help,Mike disageeed , and thought maybe he could help him out a little. Thats Mike ,always ready to lend a helping hand. Some people just won't let you help them. It really depends on the crew you have on any given night,That was by far the most Hampton has been penalized in any game this season. But,penalties did get them beat at Johnson Co.It wasn't the yardage as much as the timing of them. I guess its just part of the game that everyone has to deal with. Nay ,he don't teach holding, he teaches GET YOU'RE BLOCK. Holding is just something that happens on just about every play at any level,if they called them all, games would last all night.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried very hard not to be rude, but I'm gonna tell it like it is. According to the TSSAA Cosby has 483 students, Hampton has 437, Cloudland about 250. If Cosby can only get a 130 lb. lineman out of this many students, maybe they should be in the halls talking to the students instead of talking on this board. Hampton's line averages about 270. I guess they are hard to hold. Maybe its easy to hold those little 130 pounders. As far as the pooch kick, I never had a problem with Cosby doing it, I had a problem with Hampton fielding it. I don't think we will have that problem in the future. We love a short field. Please do it that way every time. By the way, how many playoff games have you won? 0

I don't see any other coaches on this board. Just a few over zealous fans like me and some players, but not coaches. Most coaches want even read it and you want to know what were smoking. Look in the mirror. See you next year. Hope your lineman are 130 lbs. again.

I didn't think that oldeagle would respond. It's hard to argue with the truth, but I've got plenty more ammo if he takes a notion. As far as Unaka, I hear they have a very good qb. They will need it. He made one mistake saying that Hampton would not sack him. I will be there to see.

I'm really tired of hearing about the holding BS from eagle on every single post! It is BS plain and simple! I actually think the refs have been a little hard on the Dogs this year and have been a little bit ticky tack with all the penalties. As far a the Unaka game, I think the Dogs will run for as many yards as they want to. Unaka could have a little success passing because josh is pretty good, but they won't have much success there.

I agree Tyler, I doubt Hampton holds anymore than anyone else. All teams do alot of holding,some are called and some are not. I think Hampton has had their share.In this area Its a common belief that Mike teaches holding. Thats just flat out silly,he don't like them 10 yard penalties any better than anyone else. But I'm sure every team Hampton plays against are lobbying for those calls before the game even starts.

Hey, Mike won't go to prison if you rat him out for coaching holding. He teaches it and you know it. Everyone teaches it to a certain extent yall just take it to a whole new level. Everyone in the region knows Hampton is bad to hold especially on the sweep yall straight up tackle the d ends. Mike is just like any other coach if it gets called one out of 10 times he'll take it. Yall got called for holding 6 times in the first half against us , then mike got a sideline warning and it didn't get called again the rest of the night hmmmmm.

You really do not know what you are talking about. Mike does NOT teach his teams to hold. That would be stupid on his part. What he teaches is that you better block your dang man and not let him make the tackle. That could cause some guys to hold because they do not want to get in trouble with him. Hampton does not hold anymore than anyone else. Just because one of Hampton's big lineman mauls a guy and the guy falls down, does not mean he held the guy!

I have tried very hard not to be rude, but I'm gonna tell it like it is. According to the TSSAA Cosby has 483 students, Hampton has 437, Cloudland about 250. If Cosby can only get a 130 lb. lineman out of this many students, maybe they should be in the halls talking to the students instead of talking on this board. Hampton's line averages about 270. I guess they are hard to hold. Maybe its easy to hold those little 130 pounders. As far as the pooch kick, I never had a problem with Cosby doing it, I had a problem with Hampton fielding it. I don't think we will have that problem in the future. We love a short field. Please do it that way every time. By the way, how many playoff games have you won? 0

I don't see any other coaches on this board. Just a few over zealous fans like me and some players, but not coaches. Most coaches want even read it and you want to know what were smoking. Look in the mirror. See you next year. Hope your lineman are 130 lbs. again.

I didn't think that oldeagle would respond. It's hard to argue with the truth, but I've got plenty more ammo if he takes a notion. As far as Unaka, I hear they have a very good qb. They will need it. He made one mistake saying that Hampton would not sack him. I will be there to see.

I'll respond!! No doubt we have just as many STUDENTS as hampton if not more. Funny thing i got a call just this week from a friend up your way wondering how you all at hampton were hidding some students when it comes to your "Recorded Enrollment". However I COULD CARE LESS!! As for us here at Cosby. The reason we have 130lbs. d linemen is because the big boys in the halls have no interest in playing football. Their interest are in other things. That being said we coach what wants to play. Had 15 Kids Quit by week 2. 9 of those were Fr. So. Lineman good sized kids, 1 other was returning starter at fullback and Liinebacker. Why they quit? Glad you asked. They could not handle the Demands, Work Ethic, Dedication, Commitment, Preparation, and of course new strength and conditioning coach thats a retired navy seal. Which is what it takes to make it in our program. Also for some reason some good players still want to go to the other school in the county. You forget to realize that we are REBUILDING A PROGRAM that was never STRONG in a school that thinks the world revolves around a round ball you bounce and throw in a little round thing.

As for coaches not getting on here but cosby. Ya right! Mike dont have to cause he gets full report from brother pujo. I get on here manly for the humor and i can't sleep. The reason so many take offense is due to the FACT you don't know us, Just as i don't know you all. Yet you all seem to know, or come across as knowing everything. People make their assumptions on what they read on here, not taking into consideration or understanding where they are coming from. They turn reasons into excuses. For example the REASON Hampton beat us was because their line was better than ours. Given that both lines were equal what would be the outcome then? Who knows and at this point who cares. Humility makes a man, arrogance remains a child. Best of luck to everyone tonight and GOD BLESS!

Shelton

i will kind of have to agree with ya wasplayernowcoach i know my "friend" last year at Hampton was told she had to leave because she was out of district, but you could litterally see Hamptons QBs house from her porch......thin district line appearntly, and there were plenty more that had to leave due to being out of district...wonder how many played ball??

What was I supposed to respond to ? You didn't say anything! Saying we have more students than Hampton doesn't mean much especially when about 150 of that 480 are freshmen. Besides You could have 1000 in your school and if only 30 play ball those numbers don't help much.

Playoff games won so what

Coaches on here? More than you think ....after all it is called COACH T.

When I look in the mirror I say "I'm good enough"" I'm smart enough", and doggone it people like me! :blush:

130 lbs. is the average weight of a female jr. varsity cheerleader. Is your alls lineman really that small? :blush: I wish coach Shelton the best on getting players out, but I agree with only wanting the ones who want to play. I mean really wanting to play and have a goal of being the best. I couldn't think of a better strength and conditioning coach than a former navy seal. Those are the toughest son of a guns in the world.

Its looking like the weather is going to be suited for all styles of football. Hampton needs to be tested where they have to get after the QB and play a little pass defense. I'm sure Unaka will put everyone up to stop the run, don't be surprised if our pitcher and catchers have a good night. Our Pitcher has really been playing some great football on both sides. He's a FOOTBALL player. Got the type of passion it takes to be good. Hopeing for an injury free ,hard knocking football game.Getum Dawgs. Put them Rangers up a tree.

i will kind of have to agree with ya wasplayernowcoach i know my "friend" last year at Hampton was told she had to leave because she was out of district, but you could litterally see Hamptons QBs house from her porch......thin district line appearntly, and there were plenty more that had to leave due to being out of district...wonder how many played ball??

Most of the ones who were asked to leave were bad apples and had got in some kind of trouble. Hampton did not go around kicking out good sudents whether they played ball or not. As I understand it, Hampton did not take other people's trash from out of district because they had been kicked out of another school.