Austin-East at GP

On one hand, all of Austin-East's 3 losses have been to ranked teams and GP was ranked #7 in 3A in the AP Poll (Week 6). On the other hand, Austin-East has yet to play a 3A (formerly 2A) team this year. Austin-East is a three loss team ranked in the top 10 in 3A... Is it all hype or will they prove their worth against GP?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard for me to pick this one. Early on I would have said AE wins by a couple of TD's. But GP has impressed me to be this far in the season in a new district and still unbeaten. Quality win for them against Fulton. Of course AE also beat Fulton. The game is at GP, a great place to watch a football game, I love their small, quaint, nice stadium. AE is bigger & faster, but IMO GP is more fundamental and disciplined. That should make for a very good football game, but I would expect for the Roadrunners to win. Good luck to both teams, hopefully no injuries and better weather. :thumb:

Fulton dominated both teams on the field but lost on the board which is the only thing that counts. Gp is more balance on offense and well coached on defense ,line up right tackle great and contain well. fulton played ae early and ae offense was awlful ,i think they have improve . should be a great contest . special teams may be the difference gp 14 ae 12

Well, in the preseason I was not at all sold on A-E. Now you look at their body of work and it's pretty impessive despite the record. On the other hand, I'm pretty impressed with what GP has accomplished as well. The game being at GP and a rainy forecast makes this one closer on paper. This will be a very good win for either team. I do think GP will move the ball against a very stout AE defense. At the end though, I see A-E having the better defense, and enough speed on offense to carry the day.

AE 28

GP 14

GP has a great atmosphere. If you've never been to a game there you'll enjoy it. Just hope it's not raining cats and dogs like it was when I was there last year!

The rain (and/or the sprinkler water) will not slow Austin-East as much as you think. They have not thrown the football for a lot of yards in any game. In their last three games, they have averaged 6 pass attempts per game. Austin-East is a running team this year. They have made a living out of running the ball between the tackles. They run outside some, but the majority of their runs are between the tackles.

Austin-East will be ready for this game. I think GP would have had a better chance to win if they didn't beat Fulton.

The rain (and/or the sprinkler water) will not slow Austin-East as much as you think. They have not thrown the football for a lot of yards in any game. In their last three games, they have averaged 6 pass attempts per game. Austin-East is a running team this year. They have made a living out of running the ball between the tackles. They run outside some, but the majority of their runs are between the tackles.

Austin-East will be ready for this game. I think GP would have had a better chance to win if they didn't beat Fulton.

Why would losing to Fulton have helped GP????? It does nothing but help them in my opinion. GP is playing for a district title in this one.

Alcoa's defense makes a living on teams that TRY to run the ball between the tackles. :roflol:

[

Alcoa's defense makes a living on teams that TRY to run the ball between the tackles. :roflol:

You know sir, I'm with you on this one.. I was hoping he didn't let it be known what AE's bread and butter is. But as the saying goes, "If you can't stop it, why go with something else?" Hahaha :wacko: AE will be ready for this game at GP, but I'm praying that the rain stays away.. I've been to GP when it had rain and it wasn't a pleasant outcome...