Austin-East at GP

This is kinda changing the subject but what if GP and AE finish 1 & 2 in the District(Region whatever its called)? Two 3a teams finishing ahead of all the 4a teams. Know that 2 teams from 4a have to make playoffs but how does that effect other districts and will that make it harder for say Fulton to make it to the championship.

BTW It's stopped raining in the Burg for now but getting colder. Better wear warm dry clothes (If you're from AE you might want to bring something dry to sit on since we have concrete bleachers.). Should be a great night for football at Hammonds Field.

Here's to hoping some combination of of Happy Valley, Johnson Co., and the loser of South Greene/West Greene makes a run at a wild card. If not, with only auto qualifiers making it to the playoffs out of districts 1 and 2, Quadrant 1 could include Elizabethton, GP, AE, Alcoa, and CAK with Sullivan North, Cumberland Gap, and the winner of South Greene/West Greene rounding it out. That would be five of the top eight teams in this weeks AP poll in Quad 1 (Polk Co. and McMinn Central are also ranked. Its a great year for 3A football in East TN but I digress). I think most of NET are going to be fans of the Longhorns and Warriors for the next 3 weeks.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to PrepXtra Fulton had 41 carries for 135 yds. Just over 3 yds per carry. Thomas had a long of 18 and Golliday had a long of 24. Subtract those 2 carries and their 39 for 93. Whoppin 2.4 yds per carry. Thats Domination!!!

Am impressed that you can count. Sounds like what your trying to say is with 8 or 9 in the box they should have been throwing the football but when you're not very successful what do you do?

Besides this thread is about AE and GP. So, will AE be more physical than GP. Sometimes the fact that your successful running the ball isn't just your more physical. (Speed?)

BTW It's stilling raining here at the thicket!!!!

No matter how much speed you have, an offense should not be able to run the ball if the defense has 8-9 players in the box. Fulton had 135 yards. From what I saw in the Fulton/GP game, I thought Fulton was more physical... you disagree. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

In response to who will make the playoffs...

If GP wins their last two district games and Austin-East wins 1 of their last two, then Austin-East is first and GP is second. They both get automatic bids in the 3A playoffs. Two 4A teams from the district will get automatic bids to the 4A playoffs. Not finishing first or second in the district will cause Fulton to get a lower seed in whichever quad they are placed. They'll have more aways games... does this make it harder to make the championship? maybe, maybe not

According to PrepXtra Fulton had 41 carries for 135 yds. Just over 3 yds per carry. Thomas had a long of 18 and Golliday had a long of 24. Subtract those 2 carries and their 39 for 93. Whoppin 2.4 yds per carry. Thats Domination!!!

Am impressed that you can count. Sounds like what your trying to say is with 8 or 9 in the box they should have been throwing the football but when you're not very successful what do you do?

Besides this thread is about AE and GP. So, will AE be more physical than GP. Sometimes the fact that your successful running the ball isn't just your more physical. (Speed?)

BTW It's stilling raining here at the thicket!!!!

No matter how much speed you have, an offense should not be able to run the ball if the defense has 8-9 players in the box. Fulton had 135 yards. From what I saw in the Fulton/GP game, I thought Fulton was more physical... you disagree. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

In response to who will make the playoffs...

If GP wins their last two district games and Austin-East wins 1 of their last two, then Austin-East is first and GP is second. They both get automatic bids in the 3A playoffs. Two 4A teams from the district will get automatic bids to the 4A playoffs. Not finishing first or second in the district will cause Fulton to get a lower seed in whichever quad they are placed. They'll have more aways games... does this make it harder to make the championship? maybe, maybe not

Been busy this week and haven't had a chance to post. Just out of curiosity who was more physical between GP and AE? Or better than that who between AE and Fulton? This should be interesting?

No matter how many you've got in the box, if you can't catch me you can't tackle me. BEEP BEEP

Don't quote me but I believe GP only has to win 1 of their last 2. Maybe someone else out there can clarify.

charger I posted stats it was close with GP leading in all stats, it was a muddy field, on a dry field maybe different will never know. They may meet again on dry field, folks have a hard time believing GP can hang with these talented teams. It is what it is GP is a very good team so is AE.

GP doesn't want to play Austin-East on a dry field.

You are correct ColumbiaBlue .. GP doesnt want to play AE or Fulton on a dry field ... i told you that GP would probably still have the sprinklers on for AE ... I saw replays of games on news and NONE I saw had the mud covered players uniforms like the AE / GP game did ... I wouls almost guarantee they (GP) watered the field in addition to the rain ..... AE wins by 2 or 3 TD's if they dont wet field ... and Fulton beats them the same on a dry night ...

I assure you Benny Hammonds did'nt water field down, move on its over.I can't believe it. its gonna rain again tonight.Benny has been trying to get turf for years its around 300,000.You would think the money in Gatlinburg could help him but no one has stepped up.Its like a rain forrest over there until then it is what it is.

I assure you Benny Hammonds did'nt water field down, move on its over.I can't believe it. its gonna rain again tonight.Benny has been trying to get turf for years its around 300,000.You would think the money in Gatlinburg could help him but no one has stepped up.Its like a rain forrest over there until then it is what it is.

I know someone that can fix the field and not have to disturb anything. Its a simple and effective way to go. Not nearly so expensive. Its allready been demonstrated to a couple of schools in this area, they were very impressed. Both will probably have their fields fixed. The best thing is' you can do it all week and still use the field on Friday.