Austin-East at GP

I don't know if you are aware, but under this new playoff format, there is no reason to play a difficult nondistrict schedule, especially if you play in a district in which you feel you will be battle tested for the playoffs. I commend those schools such as Smyrna that schedule tough nondistrict games, but they clearly don't understand the new system because they could have dropped Ensworth to play White County and they would be in the playoffs instead of sitting at home Friday night. Using your logic, CAK hasn't played anyone but Alcoa and Elizabethton, and I don't think either of us believe that.

Although, I don't understand why were arguing about this anyway. If the Alcoa fans are to be believed, there's no team in the state that has a chance to beat them for the next 6-8 years, so we might as crown their middle school team the 2014 state champs, cancel the next six seasons, and save everyone some money.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you are aware, but under this new playoff format, there is no reason to play a difficult nondistrict schedule, especially if you play in a district in which you feel you will be battle tested for the playoffs. I commend those schools such as Smyrna that schedule tough nondistrict games, but they clearly don't understand the new system because they could have dropped Ensworth to play White County and they would be in the playoffs instead of sitting at home Friday night. Using your logic, CAK hasn't played anyone but Alcoa and Elizabethton, and I don't think either of us believe that.

Although, I don't understand why were arguing about this anyway. If the Alcoa fans are to be believed, there's no team in the state that has a chance to beat them for the next 6-8 years, so we might as crown their middle school team the 2014 state champs, cancel the next six seasons, and save everyone some money.

I vote for that!

Some teams have to play a tougher schedule because we have to find someone, anyone, who will step up and play us if they don't have to.

After not being able to stomach watching my "home" school, I went around the area and watched AE play a couple of times and Alcoa once. I think that games (if and when it happens) will be a great game. I don't know if AE can stop Alcoa's running game, but I think AE will hold the quickness and speed advantage. GET YO POPCORN READY!! :thumb: