Austin-East at GP

[

Alcoa's defense makes a living on teams that TRY to run the ball between the tackles. :roflol:

You know sir, I'm with you on this one.. I was hoping he didn't let it be know what AE's bread and butter is. But as the saying goes, "If you can't stop it, why go with something else?" Hahaha :wacko: AE will be ready for this game at GP, but I'm praying that the rain stays away.. I've been to GP when it had rain and it wasn't a pleasant outcome...

I think you'll like the outcome this week Turtle. If not enjoy the mountain view! :wacko:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rain (and/or the sprinkler water) will not slow Austin-East as much as you think. They have not thrown the football for a lot of yards in any game. In their last three games, they have averaged 6 pass attempts per game. Austin-East is a running team this year. They have made a living out of running the ball between the tackles. They run outside some, but the majority of their runs are between the tackles.

Alcoa's defense makes a living on teams that TRY to run the ball between the tackles. :roflol:

Austin-East's defense makes a living on teams that TRY to run the ball between the tackles...

I think this year's Austin-East team mirrors Alcoa's team. A playoff matchup will be interesting.

The "Thicket" is a tough place to play even when it is dry, which is not very often. Everyone, including myself, thought that GP could not handle the speed of Fulton. I tip my hat to their players and coaches for the big win.

I believe they will defeat AE, in a close one.

GP could not handle Fulton's defensive speed. GP put together one drive to score, and I think Fulton gave them 20-30 yards in penalties on that drive. GP's other score came on defense. This will be another week where GP's offense struggles. Fulton was more physical than GP, but had a lot of turnovers and penalties. Austin-East, who is as physical if not more than Fulton this year, will take care of the ball better than Fulton did last week. Austin-East will win this one by two TDs.

AE could win and on paper they should. The field conditions will level the "speed" advantage that AE has. GP seemed to have handled the speed of Fulton, considering the few points that they gave up to the Falcons. GP is very tough to play at home.

However, a few years back AE went to the "Thicket" and beat the Highlanders in the playoffs, so...

AE could win and on paper they should. The field conditions will level the "speed" advantage that AE has. GP seemed to have handled the speed of Fulton, considering the few points that they gave up to the Falcons. GP is very tough to play at home.

However, a few years back AE went to the "Thicket" and beat the Highlanders in the playoffs, so...

Turnovers by Fulton's offense had a lot to do with how GP "handled the speed of Fulton." Having said that, GP does a great job of defending the perimeter. You make some good points, but I'm still going with Austin-East.

Austin-East will have one big special teams play in this game. Offensively, they will run between the tackles. Defensively, they will do what they do.

Honestly, I will be surprised if this one is close. AE should dominate this game IMO. I'm not pulling for either team, that's just MHO. In the past I think GP has had some fine teams but when they faced tough out of district opponents, were exposed just a bit. Looking at the Fulton game, it looks like to me that Fulton won the game except on the scoreboard (which is all that counts!) But you can't make a living like that. If they defeat a quality AE team I will be a believer! Good luck to both teams, and here's hoping for a great game and no injuries!

I don't think any GP fans made any comments or predictions. I guess they'll get on here and talk after the game if they have a good showing... that's what they did with Fulton.

What good are predictions anyway? I didn't read a lot of comments after the Fulton game. Would have thought there would be many more since noone gave GP a chance to begin with.

Since you like predictions I'll make one. The field will be a sloppy mess tonight.

BTW Where does everyone get that Fulton dominated every where but the scoreboard and was much more physical than GP?

I don't think any GP fans made any comments or predictions. I guess they'll get on here and talk after the game if they have a good showing... that's what they did with Fulton.

What good are predictions anyway? I didn't read a lot of comments after the Fulton game. Would have thought there would be many more since noone gave GP a chance to begin with.

Since you like predictions I'll make one. The field will be a sloppy mess tonight.

BTW Where does everyone get that Fulton dominated every where but the scoreboard and was much more physical than GP?

I think Fulton was more physical.

Rushing Yards: Fulton - 135, GP - 14

GP had 9 offensive possessions: 8 punts, 1 TD

Fulton had 8 offensive possessions: 3 ended in turnovers

Fulton beat themselves with turnovers. The turnovers were not caused by big hits or DBs with great coverage on WRs. The turnovers were due to Fulton mistakes... not taking care of the ball and under throwing WRs. GP is a good team. They play their responsibilities, and they don't make a lot of mistakes. Fulton made one too many mistakes, and GP played a mistake free football game.

GP had 8-9 players in the box the entire night and Fulton still rushed for 135 yards. Most of those yards were between the tackles because GP defended the perimeter well.

Honestly charger81, does that not tell you that Fulton was more physical?

135 yards with 8-9 in the box...

2 WRs, 1 QB, and a ball carrier only leaves 7 blockers (5 OL, 1 TE, 1 FB)...

GP with 14 yards on 27 carries...

Fulton was more physical.

I think Fulton was more physical.

Rushing Yards: Fulton - 135, GP - 14

GP had 9 offensive possessions: 8 punts, 1 TD

Fulton had 8 offensive possessions: 3 ended in turnovers

Fulton beat themselves with turnovers. The turnovers were not caused by big hits or DBs with great coverage on WRs. The turnovers were due to Fulton mistakes... not taking care of the ball and under throwing WRs. GP is a good team. They play their responsibilities, and they don't make a lot of mistakes. Fulton made one too many mistakes, and GP played a mistake free football game.

GP had 8-9 players in the box the entire night and Fulton still rushed for 135 yards. Most of those yards were between the tackles because GP defended the perimeter well.

Honestly charger81, does that not tell you that Fulton was more physical?

135 yards with 8-9 in the box...

2 WRs, 1 QB, and a ball carrier only leaves 7 blockers (5 OL, 1 TE, 1 FB)...

GP with 14 yards on 27 carries...

Fulton was more physical.

According to PrepXtra Fulton had 41 carries for 135 yds. Just over 3 yds per carry. Thomas had a long of 18 and Golliday had a long of 24. Subtract those 2 carries and their 39 for 93. Whoppin 2.4 yds per carry. Thats Domination!!!

Am impressed that you can count. Sounds like what your trying to say is with 8 or 9 in the box they should have been throwing the football but when you're not very successful what do you do?

Besides this thread is about AE and GP. So, will AE be more physical than GP. Sometimes the fact that your successful running the ball isn't just your more physical. (Speed?)

BTW It's stilling raining here at the thicket!!!!

This is kinda changing the subject but what if GP and AE finish 1 & 2 in the District(Region whatever its called)? Two 3a teams finishing ahead of all the 4a teams. Know that 2 teams from 4a have to make playoffs but how does that effect other districts and will that make it harder for say Fulton to make it to the championship.

BTW It has stopped raining in the Burg for now but getting colder. Better wear warm dry clothes (If you're from AE you might want to bring something dry to sit on since we have concrete bleachers.). Should be a great night for football at Hammonds Field.