District 10AA - Who's on Top?

doctorno

The fact that the games are being move to tuesday is not good news for pearl cohn. The freshman team is in the championship game against Hillsoboro at Cane Ridge High School at 5:30 The varsity game is at 6:30 against Hume fogg..It will be tough becuase without the freshman they lack a good bench..it will be interesting to see what happens

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Lipscomb, this year, the referees quit calling traveling because the players kept slipping on the court. It was like playing on ice. One athelete tore his acl because of the poor floor conditions. Not sure what Lipscomb put on their floor or how they maintained it, but they should be embarrassed. Someone said that they were cooking chili in the gym prior to the game and the grease was still on the court, but I find that hard to believe.

Puh-leeze. Lipscomb didn't "put" anything on the floor. If you were there you know it was bitter cold outside and there was snow and ice. The slick spots were at 3 corners where the outside doors were. Between the wet outside and the stuff that was put down outside to melt the snow and ice, it got tracked in. Fans walked on the edges and corners of the court and it got slick. You are right about that - it was very slick. However, if you were there you would know that Lipscomb tried to wipe it, wash it, dry it but it was still slick.

The only "embarrassment" on the night was the way the CPA boys coach and bookkeeper acted after the game. You would think only CPA played on the slick floor. Lipscomb had the super secret non-slick shoe goo formula on their shoes so they wouldn't slide. Yeah, right. And the reason the DL boys beat them again at CPA was because they put Flubber on the bottom of their shoes. :thumb:

Back to girls basketball....

No where in my post did I accuse Lipscomb of intentionally putting something on the floor. The floor was just as dangerous for the Lipscomb students as it was for the visitors. However, you are wrong in that the entire floor was slick not just in three corners. Even when they tried to wipe it up, the floor was still slick. There was some kind of film covering the floor and the outside weather made it worse. Other gyms in bad weather do not have this problem. Lipscomb should fix this problem.

Additionally, I did not say in my post that the slick floor favored one team over the other. On both nights you mention, Lipscomb was the better team and deserved to win the game. The slick floor affected both teams. In fact, I believe that Lipscomb's best player was slightly injured slipping on the floor in the lane going for a lay up.

I can't speak about the coach or bookkeeper. You will have to ask them. However, since you seem intent on "straw men" arguments to shoot down, I suspect that you must agree with my assessment of the quality of the floor and the danger that it posed to the players that night.

No where in my post did I accuse Lipscomb of intentionally putting something on the floor. The floor was just as dangerous for the Lipscomb students as it was for the visitors. However, you are wrong in that the entire floor was slick not just in three corners. Even when they tried to wipe it up, the floor was still slick. There was some kind of film covering the floor and the outside weather made it worse. Other gyms in bad weather do not have this problem. Lipscomb should fix this problem.

Additionally, I did not say in my post that the slick floor favored one team over the other. On both nights you mention, Lipscomb was the better team and deserved to win the game. The slick floor affected both teams. In fact, I believe that Lipscomb's best player was slightly injured slipping on the floor in the lane going for a lay up.

I can't speak about the coach or bookkeeper. You will have to ask them. However, since you seem intent on "straw men" arguments to shoot down, I suspect that you must agree with my assessment of the quality of the floor and the danger that it posed to the players that night.

What does "not sure what Lipscomb put on their floor" mean? If that's not accusing them of intentionally putting something on it, what is it? I guess in my attempt to build a straw man, I got so confused that I thought that in order to "put" something on something else, you had to do it intentionally. Silly me.

Anyway, you can rejoice because the problem has been fixed. We've had several cold, snowy nights since then and no other problems. Oh (and yes, I know you didn't say this - in fact you said you found it hard to believe) no chili was cooked in the gym that night. There was chili - delicious I might add - but it was in the cafeteria. There was a chili eating contest at half-time of the boys game, but that was well after the slipping started. The slipping started when everyone started walking in from outside with junk on their shoes. All of which could probably have been prevented with some extra door mats. My point to all of that being that it was nothing that DL "put" on the floor. If you say that you didn't mean for that to be accusatory, I'll take your word for it, but it sure sounded that way to me. And, no, all straw men aside, I don't agree with you that it was all over the floor, because it wasn't. The floor was completey dry and in normal playing condition before the games started. It may have spread during the games from being tracked around by everybody, but before the games it was dry.

The floor was slick, but I've seen worse. If it had been as dangerous as you unaccusationally imply, there were 3 referrees, the boy's and girl's coaches, and both AD's there to stop the game.

Best wishes to your Lady Lions. They have a great team this year.

10AA is having one of the most spirited District Tounaments held in a number of years. It is an event that has good coachs and players. Below is the rest of the schedule.

District 10-AA

Saturday: Stratford girls 45, Maplewood 44

Tuesday: Girls — CPA 60, Stratford 35; East Literature 71, Whites Creek 48; David Lipscomb 53, M.L. King 23; Hume-Fogg 56, Pearl-Cohn 46. Boys — Pearl Cohn 68, Stratford 67; CPA 54, Whites Creek 51; Hume-Fogg 56, David Lipscomb 53; M.L. King 49, East Literature 46

Wednesday: Pearl-Cohn at Maplewood, 6 p.m.

At East Literature

Friday: East Literature girls vs. David Lipscomb, 4 p.m.; Hume-Fogg boys vs. M.L. King, 5:30 p.m.; CPA girls vs. Hume Fogg, 7 p.m.; Pearl Cohn-Maplewood boys winner vs. CPA, 8:30 p.m.

Monday: Girls consolation, 6 p.m.; boys consolation, 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday: Girls championship, 6 p.m.; boys championship, 7:30 p.m.

[What does "not sure what Lipscomb put on their floor" mean? If that's not accusing them of intentionally putting something on it, what is it? I guess in my attempt to build a straw man, I got so confused that I thought that in order to "put" something on something else, you had to do it intentionally. Silly me.

Anyway, you can rejoice because the problem has been fixed. We've had several cold, snowy nights since then and no other problems. Oh (and yes, I know you didn't say this - in fact you said you found it hard to believe) no chili was cooked in the gym that night. There was chili - delicious I might add - but it was in the cafeteria. There was a chili eating contest at half-time of the boys game, but that was well after the slipping started. The slipping started when everyone started walking in from outside with junk on their shoes. All of which could probably have been prevented with some extra door mats. My point to all of that being that it was nothing that DL "put" on the floor. If you say that you didn't mean for that to be accusatory, I'll take your word for it, but it sure sounded that way to me. And, no, all straw men aside, I don't agree with you that it was all over the floor, because it wasn't. The floor was completey dry and in normal playing condition before the games started. It may have spread during the games from being tracked around by everybody, but before the games it was dry.

The floor was slick, but I've seen worse. If it had been as dangerous as you unaccusationally imply, there were 3 referrees, the boy's and girl's coaches, and both AD's there to stop the game.

Best wishes to your Lady Lions. They have a great team this year.

Schools put products on their floors to preserve and protect them. My point was that it would appear that whatever Lipscomb was using was leaving a greasy film on the floor. Even when wiped up, the greasy film would remain.

I will be sure to let the player who tore his MCL that night know that the problem is now fixed. Although it ended his season, I am sure he will be glad to know.

Schools put products on their floors to preserve and protect them. My point was that it would appear that whatever Lipscomb was using was leaving a greasy film on the floor. Even when wiped up, the greasy film would remain.

I will be sure to let the player who tore his MCL that night know that the problem is now fixed. Although it ended his season, I am sure he will be glad to know.

No, I really doubt that it will make him feel any better. You can tell him though. I mentioned that it was "fixed" for your sake. This obviously means a lot to you.

Just wondering how the coaches in 10-AA justify keeping CPA's Merideth Roman off of either of the All District Team or the All Tournament Team? Merideth was third in the disctrict in points scored and led the district in 3 point shots made. She led all scorers in the CPA-Hume Fogg nail biter game last week and was possibly the leading scorer in the CPA - East Lit championship game tonight. Were the 10-AA coaches even at any of the games?