Alcoa vs. McMinn Central

clintabbott

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be played on Thursday, Oct. 22 at Alcoa. What are your thoughts?

McMinn Central's win over Kingston was impressive. Alcoa beat Kingston 49-7, McMinn the following week beat Kingston 47-13.

But, I'll take Alcoa 42, McMinn 7

That's about the only similarities between these teams - Tornadoes by 42........

My understanding is the game has been moved to Thursday at the request of Alcoa. I guess it's all about them. I think McMinn Central could beat Alcoa. But they will have to play with NO mistakes. I'm not sure they can do that. But if they can, Central could win by 3. Go Chargers!

I'm all for supporting your team but....

In all seriousness, Alcoa may lose a game some year. Even the best can have one of those nights when you turn the ball over 5 times, the team is half asleep, everyone is sick, all the breaks and calls go the other way, etc. BUT...The opposing team has to be somewhere in the same universe with respect to talent and ability. The problem with Alcoa is that they are so much better than everyone else that no matter what happens they can't lose. This includes the possibility of them looking at the calendar wrong and showing up at the wrong game. Or, thinking it is an open date when they actually have a game. Or....

Not gonna happen.

Your best bet is to play only your third string to keep everyone healthy for the next week. :D

My understanding is the game has been moved to Thursday at the request of Alcoa. I guess it's all about them. I think McMinn Central could beat Alcoa. But they will have to play with NO mistakes. I'm not sure they can do that. But if they can, Central could win by 3. Go Chargers!

I'm all for supporting your team but....

In all seriousness, Alcoa may lose a game some year. Even the best can have one of those nights when you turn the ball over 5 times, the team is half asleep, everyone is sick, all the breaks and calls go the other way, etc. BUT...The opposing team has to be somewhere in the same universe with respect to talent and ability. The problem with Alcoa is that they are so much better than everyone else that no matter what happens they can't lose. This includes the possibility of them looking at the calendar wrong and showing up at the wrong game. Or, thinking it is an open date when they actually have a game. Or....

Not gonna happen.

Your best bet is to play only your third string to keep everyone healthy for the next week. :roflol:

hmmmmmmmmmm suspicious dry.gif

i think everyone knows central doesn't have a shot in this game. even though he wouldn't admit it, i think coach goodin knows his team doesn't have a chance either. but that doesn't mean you can't go to alcoa and give your best effort! this is just another game for alcoa. this is central's super bowl!

i don't expect a win thursday night. what i expect is for the chargers to show up, play sound football, play together, have fun, and give one hundred percent!