Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

I have been reading in my Murphy Fair book tonight and let me tell you these Polk boys are going to be tough. You think its a joke because its not. They are gonna be big rough and tough boys. I will just tell you that right now. Its not a joke and those boys at SP better do a good job at practice this week or they will not be knocking alot of holes for the runners to run through. Let me ask you Polk people a question. Is this Davis boy kin to that Davis man that use to coach at Polk County. I remember when he coached and his boys were real tough and strong boys. These big ole boys at Polk County are going to be good I will just tell you. Is Grider making the boys at SP lift extra weights this week? They need to be lifting extra weights so they will be real strong for the game on Friday. I have been studying my book and Polk County is going to be a real good team. They might put pop knots on our boys heads if they dont play hard and good. You think I am joking about that because I am not. I know what I am talking about and those Polk County boys are gonna be real strong. Let me ask you Polk people a question. What colleges are recruiting those Polk County boys to run the ball? According to Murphy they are big and strong. Those real strong boys are always tough. You think I am joking dont you. Our boys better be ready to have a war because those boys are big and strong. Im afraid that our boys might not stand up to them real good. Let me ask you Polk people another question. How good are your boys? Our boys are pretty good but I dont know if they are as big as the boys from Polk.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading in my Murphy Fair book tonight and let me tell you these Polk boys are going to be tough. You think its a joke because its not. They are gonna be big rough and tough boys. I will just tell you that right now. Its not a joke and those boys at SP better do a good job at practice this week or they will not be knocking alot of holes for the runners to run through. Let me ask you Polk people a question. Is this Davis boy kin to that Davis man that use to coach at Polk County. I remember when he coached and his boys were real tough and strong boys. These big ole boys at Polk County are going to be good I will just tell you. Is Grider making the boys at SP lift extra weights this week? They need to be lifting extra weights so they will be real strong for the game on Friday. I have been studying my book and Polk County is going to be a real good team. They might put pop knots on our boys heads if they dont play hard and good. You think I am joking about that because I am not. I know what I am talking about and those Polk County boys are gonna be real strong. Let me ask you Polk people a question. What colleges are recruiting those Polk County boys to run the ball? According to Murphy they are big and strong. Those real strong boys are always tough. You think I am joking dont you. Our boys better be ready to have a war because those boys are big and strong. Im afraid that our boys might not stand up to them real good. Let me ask you Polk people another question. How good are your boys? Our boys are pretty good but I dont know if they are as big as the boys from Polk.

As for your first question, Mr. Dillard, Polk's current head coach, Derrick Davis, is the son of former head coach and current offensive coordinator Larry Davis.

As far as any of Polk's backs getting recruited, if any of them are being recruited I am unaware of it. However, of Polk's major contributors among ball carriers, only Christian is a senior.

And lastly, the jury is still out, IMO, on how good this team really is. They have played and beaten everyone on their schedule pretty handily, which is all they can do. I believe Friday night will be a good measuring stick and should answer your last question.

lol thanks Butchie, you ole Rebel!! I watched the video(s) of Polk vs opponents, and the quickest team they played appeared to be Bradley, and I agree with PowerP on the fact that that was some big holes opening and a lot of tackles being made down field. Polk seems to be disciplined tacklers. One guy for Bradley was juking left and right. Well, we have more than 1 guy that will do that to you. The defensive line did appear slow and had one big sized kid... but as the wife says... well you know what they say. Speed is the key :thumb: Now as far as Polk's offense they appeared pretty good with some quickness at the QB. I noticed he never got hit though, mostly brushed off tacklers. I think his quickness will last for a quarter, but by the end of the second quarter he will begin to lose his mojo. In the 3rd quarter he will wish he never got off the bus. Every QB we have played has been slow to get up by the end of the 3rd quarter. Good luck.

Score with no Rain: SP by whatever they want

Score with Rain: SP by 2-3 TD's.

ok so im obviously a charger and a loyal one but at the same time south pit i hate to break to you some things you may not know....

1) your 1a and polk is 3a

2)Polk shut us down somethin not many teams around can do besides some schools in 5a

3)Jared Allen

4)Polk has to much goin for em

5)you wont beat tellico and well polk did

6)you wont stop tellicos run game and well polk did lol

7)its POLK COUNTY!

8)they're undefeated

9)they're legit

and

10)they're to big, to strong, to fast, and did i mention Jared Allen

so...say hello to POLK COUNTY!!!(Polk-42 Sp-24)

and one more thing on the 1a post about this game you were talkin about to fast of a blitz and all that junk well have you ever heard of some all state/region/district 3a players from central named ben stiles,maury ragland,dj king, zach rayl,and branden simpson...well they blitzed and rushed all night and got no where and trust me those 5 make up a defense that is one of the best in 3a, so if they cant get to jared allen, who does this turn around fake hand off stuff, which is actually called play action, then i highly doubt some 1a dt's or de's could get to this all state qb and their rb christian...

but hey best of luck to ya

from a charger to a cat good luck and show em whats up

I'm sure SP is real scared of a 3A school! Please. News flash to Charger, this ain't your "run of the mill" 1A team, so just throw that bs out the window. Just because your boys didn't get to Allen, doesn't mean them speedway boys won't get there. Don't get me wrong, I think this has the potential in being a great game. It just looks to me like you see 1A vs 3A and already have your mind made up based on classification. We shall see.

Just looked at Polk's schedule. Looks like that undefeated record my be a little suspect. Only beaten two teams with a winning record. One being the Tellico team that you speak of, which lost to a very average Harriman team. Now that I think about it, if SP played that "3A" schedule, they'd be undefeated too!

My goodness there is a big bunch of poo slinging on here isn't there. OK, all I have got from this thread so far is Terrell is God and Polk is slow.............. What about discipline? Depth? Endurance? Conditioning? Stamina? I admit I was leaning heavily towards SP but after hearing they have so many players going both ways this will be huge later in the game. I've seen it time and time again. What are you going to do when you have 7-9 min drives and your having to swap right back around and play another series? YOU ARE GOING TO GET EXHAUSTED. Ball control will be the biggest deciding factor in this game.

Good points, Coach J. I'm even more amazed that the SP fans posting on here think the Pirates are invincible.....especially since they lost a game??? They may very well beat Polk Co., but after watching Polk beat a good McMinn Central team, I'd suggest the Pirate fans not be too confident of a victory.

My goodness there is a big bunch of poo slinging on here isn't there. OK, all I have got from this thread so far is Terrell is God and Polk is slow.............. What about discipline? Depth? Endurance? Conditioning? Stamina? I admit I was leaning heavily towards SP but after hearing they have so many players going both ways this will be huge later in the game. I've seen it time and time again. What are you going to do when you have 7-9 min drives and your having to swap right back around and play another series? YOU ARE GOING TO GET EXHAUSTED. Ball control will be the biggest deciding factor in this game.

Good points, Coach J. I'm even more amazed that the SP fans posting on here think the Pirates are invincible.....especially since they lost a game??? They may very well beat Polk Co., but after watching Polk beat a good McMinn Central team, I'd suggest the Pirate fans not be too confident of a victory.

Now fellers, Old Pirate says the Pirates have been taught to feel confident and expect to win every time they steps on the field. Some youngons like PP that do a right powerful amount of boasting are kinda like them politicians that says go gettem boys but has never been on the sickem side. :flower: OP says most old timers who has gone thru the battles are most times cautious cause theys can be snipers and the unknown/unexpected is always a bother.

Old Pirate you can not spell. And I do not think it will be easy beating South Pittsburg at their place.but I do think we have about as good of a chance as Boyd did if not better.I think the boys can lock up the wr's on the outside and stack the box and make South Pittsburg Panic in my opinion.

:flower::thumb: This has got to be a joke........................must be ole Zonnie :thumb: acting up again. If I wasn't going to the Boyd game I may even wear that orange and black for this one. There is no way you lock up the recievers. That would be fun to watch, maybe you should play man coverage..................bump and run also. That would be real smart for the Polk Slugs!! :lol:

Ain't me but I like the name

I think this will be a tough game

ok so im obviously a charger and a loyal one but at the same time south pit i hate to break to you some things you may not know....

1) your 1a and polk is 3a

2)Polk shut us down somethin not many teams around can do besides some schools in 5a

3)Jared Allen

4)Polk has to much goin for em

5)you wont beat tellico and well polk did

6)you wont stop tellicos run game and well polk did lol

7)its POLK COUNTY!

8)they're undefeated

9)they're legit

and

10)they're to big, to strong, to fast, and did i mention Jared Allen

so...say hello to POLK COUNTY!!!(Polk-42 Sp-24)

Ok So I will match what you said....

1)We are a powerhouse 1A team...not the average 1A

2)Our Defense shut down Boyd, Central, and Signal all of which have scored a bunch of points on their opponents this year.

3.)Terrell Robinson...enough said

4) SP has not lost at home since the Gordonsvile game in 2006 I believe

5.) Harriman an average 1A team beat Tellico Plains :flower:

6) Our D has pretty much stopped anyone they have faced this year and I think they love challenges and in my opinion Danny Wilson is one of the best D coordinators around

7) We are SP

8) It is hard to beat us at home

9) Speed, Speed, Speed

10) Terrell Robinson, Malcolm Jones, Antonio Chubb, Jijuan Fennel, Raquis Hale, Johnny Sellers...I'll stop right there :thumb:

So there I just matched everything you said....

Polk is better than in the past but so is SP. Polk is not as good this year as McMinn Central was last year and with that being said, I think SP is as good or better. Sorry Polk if you had them at home with the same ref's you had in the Polk vs. Central game you could flip my prediction.

SP 42

PC 17