District 11AA

oakwood

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the waverly tigers defeated the montgomery central indians last night in overtime 71-67. the indians were leading by @ least 16 last night in the 3rd. the tigers came back and took a 6 point lead in the late 4th, montgomery tied it with 4.6 seconds left, and then justin vogel took over!!! he had 8 points in overtime, 33 overall. Kudos to #23 from central last night he is by far the best player in the district, that is close to vogel, I can't wait to watch him again B) !!! good luck to everyone!!!! :roll:

Glad yall saw a good game but I have to disagree with your last statement.. The two post (Hyndman and Dotson)from Creek Wood are the best two players in the district.There isnt a close second

to either of these players.I guess CW has dominated the district the past two years with

smoke and mirrors.Nothing against the players you mentioned but just not in same class as the two

CW players.If CW only had only Hyndman he would average 25 a night.. If they only had Dotson

he would average 25..Both are easily the best two rebounders in district. Both pass the ball

well for big men. Both block shots. If you put either of these players on any other team they

would instantly become district favorite along with CW since CW would still have the other one..

You can not do that with any other player(s)in the district..

District 11-AA Standings

1.) Creek Wood (4-0)

2.) Waverly Central (3-1)

3.) Camden Central (2-1)

4.) Stewart County (2-2)

5.) Montgomery Central (1-2)

6.) Harpeth (1-3)

7.) Cheatham County (0-4)

Friday Night's Games

Waverly Central-Cheatham County

Stewart County-Montgomery Central

Camden Central-Harpeth

Also, the Cheatham County-Harpeth game that was scheduled for last week was made up on Monday night. When are the Montgomery Central-Creek Wood & Waverly Central-Camden Central games that were also postponed scheduled to be made up????? Thanks!!!!

Saw in the Tennessean stats tonight that Mongomery Central kicked some butt in Stewart County tonight. 57 - 36... Junior Trevor Moore led the way with 16 points. Way To Go!!!! Sure wish he was in Houston County, and I am not alone in that wish. Keep up the good work MC!

Waverly beat the pants off cheatham tonight, 50 to 85, would have been worse if wavo had not put in thier jv. Vogul had 11 3 pointers. I dont know what is going on at cheatham, the more they play the worse they get, they still cant handle a press and dont seem to know how to press. Vogul shot at will from the 3 point line, nobody even close to him. After halftime wavo went on a ten point run, then cheatham coach pulled all the starters. I guess it gave the second string some valuble experience.

District 11-AA Standings

1.) Creek Wood (4-0)

2.) Waverly Central (4-1)

3.) Camden Central (2-2)

4.) Montgomery Central (2-2)

5.) Stewart County (2-3)

6.) Harpeth (2-3)

7.) Cheatham County (0-5)

Creek Wood: the Red Hawks are the "cream of the crop" in the district and appear to be headed straight towards a regular season title and a 1st round bye which would equal a trip into the regionals. Their duo of big men, Hyndman & Dotson, are very imposing and present a major challenge to anyone they play.

Waverly Central: the Tigers rode efforts of 36 & 45 points this week from Justin Vogel to get much needed district wins. They have a rematch looming at the end of next week with Creek Wood that will in all likelihood decide their district championship hopes the rest of the way. Either way they appear to be headed towards a high seed in the district tourney.

Camden Central: the Lions used a pair of great efforts from Justin Weed to get out to a fast start in the district but this week they fell on hard times losing a pair of tough ones. This is a team that is capable of winning the district but at the same time is capable of falling in the district if they don't play well. Their game with Stewart County next Tuesday will be huge.

Montgomery Central: the Indians should probably be the 2nd place team in the entire district but they blew a big lead against Waverly the other night and lost a game that they very well should have won. This is a very talented team that can beat anyone in the district. Trevor Moore and Ravon Hardy are both all-district players and next week a game against Cheatham County plus a rematch with Camden Central could put them in great shape for a high seed in the district.

Stewart County: the Rebels have picked up a pair of quality wins over Harpeth & Cheatham County thus far this season and could potentially get another one next week when they meet up with Camden Central on Tuesday night. Taylor Craig & Josh Rose both played solid all-around games against the Cubs this past week in what was a much needed victory.

Harpeth: don't look now but the Indians put together a pair of nice wins this past week and are right back in the mix in the district hunt. On Monday night Harpeth rallied for a win against arch rival Cheatham County and tonight they defeated Camden Central suprisingly by 27 points. Next week will tell a lot for the Indians when they meet up with Creek Wood on Tuesday night. Dantario Dansby and Zach Crowe will both have to play well for the Indians to pull another upset.

Cheatham County: the Cubs lost a pair of heartbreakers on Monday and Tuesday night on the road at Harpeth & at Stewart County. In Monday's game Cubs senior Drew Smart scored more than 25 points for the 4th time this season but the team fell just short of a victory. On Tuesday night a bad shooting effort cost the Cubs. The Cubs are back in action next week and will be trying to pull an upset on Tuesday night at home against Montgomery Central.

First of all to everyone that is wondering what had happened to Harpeth, they have had one of the hardest schedules in the mid-state hands down. This is all well and good, they will be better from playing the best competition. Harpeth lost by 1 to Spring Hill who is ranked 7 in the state. So Harpeth has talent but they are just now learning how to finish. I know for a fact that no other team in the district has had a schedule nearly has tough as Harpeth's.

Harpeth beat Camden last night by 25+. If Harpeth plays like they played last night no one will want to play them. They ran the offense perfectly and got whatever shot they wanted.

Watch out tuesday night...Harpeth goes to CW. I wouldnt be surprised if we see an "upset".

Last night went pretty much as expected..Big win for MC against Harpeth. The big

shocker to me was the beat down Waverly gave Stewart. Thought Stewart was

much better than that..CW was a little out of sync early because of not playing

for 2 weeks. Got going a little after first qtr.

That was not a big win whatsoever...The only reason Harpeth lost was due to dirty play by trevor number 23. before halftime Zach Crowe was head butted and it broke his nose ( later on they found out he also had a concussion and he missed 2 or 3 more games ) and kudos to Crowe for finishing the game. After that the same player elbowed Dansby on the top of his head sending him to the ER.

Simply put it was Busch!

Harpeth was in the lead the whole game until Dansby left.

im gonna go out on a limb and say the harpeth camden game was a fluke, mishap, or what have you....camden is ten times the team harpeth is..harpeth struggled with cheatham who is in a rebuilding stage..camden gave CW a run for their money losing only by 6..also don't see harpeth pulling off an "upset" at CW on tuesday..CW is the elite of the district and coach taylor is expecting nothing less than perfection from his team.....CW hosts 4 games on the hill this week..3 of which are district game..will be exciting to see how it all plays out