Blackman Blaze vs Riverdale Warriors @ The Reservation

StorkMontgomery

There have been several on here saying we was complaining about the weather I do not know where that came from BOTH sides had to play on it I felt that with the weather that we should not have gone for 2...as far as our TD on the blocked punt...the Ref called a TD so unless you was in the end zone to see it i find it hard for you to reall argue that point now lets say you was down there to see it we get the 2 points for the saftey you punt to us who is to say we dont take advantage of the short field and score a TD...but that is how the ref called it we ended up being tied we force a fumble and the ball goes str8 to one of your players good job we score a TD should kicked the extra point but didnt so we move on and hopefully we will play you again in a few weeks

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been several on here saying we was complaining about the weather I do not know where that came from BOTH sides had to play on it I felt that with the weather that we should not have gone for 2...as far as our TD on the blocked punt...the Ref called a TD so unless you was in the end zone to see it i find it hard for you to reall argue that point now lets say you was down there to see it we get the 2 points for the saftey you punt to us who is to say we dont take advantage of the short field and score a TD...but that is how the ref called it we ended up being tied we force a fumble and the ball goes str8 to one of your players good job we score a TD should kicked the extra point but didnt so we move on and hopefully we will play you again in a few weeks

the reason several have said some of your fans were complaining about the weather is because some of your fans on here were complaining about the weather...go back through and see some of the post and you'll see where it came from...

OK yall sorry bout that had to get it off my chest. First off congrats to both teams who showed why Rutherford County Football is the best in the state. All those young men poured their all into tonights game and they all deserve a big pat on the back. Now as we look ahead playoffs begin and both these teams as well as Oakland will be in the hunt for the Gold Ball. My prediction is as follows,.....With out a doubt the Gold Ball stays in Rutherford County once again. Time for Maryville's Title Reign to come to an end when they meet up with one of these Rutherford County teams. Theres still quite a few games left to be played so everyone stay loud and proud and cheer your team on. By the way on that note IF YA CANT STAND UP AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM DO US ALL A FAVOR AND STAY HOME. These boys work way to hard for people to just sit there like a bump on a log. Hats off to both teams and nice to see there is some class acts from both schools posting on here unlike some.

..........WE ARE BLACKMAN..........

Don't ever apologize for getting on here and saying what you have to say, no one else from ANY other team does so why not be proud and show it!!! Had a blast cheering with you and your wife last night, I thought it was pretty cool, you on my left, your wife behind me, Mr. Donkey and Mykidsdad infront, and Coach Macs wife on my right, I must say I was surrounded by some pretty great ppl at the game and can't WAIT to be with you guys this Friday at home!!! We need to get together and figure out a way for all of us to sit together so we can have one mass group of cheerers (word?) :thumb:

Congrats to the Blackman players/coaches on a GREAT win for their team and their school. This one was LONG over due!!!

I was at the game, and I thought both teams played extremely well considering the circumstances. I think it was a shame that two teams that evenly matched had to play in those type of conditions. I for one, dont blame Coach A for going for 2 at the end. Your chances of making it are just about as good as making a field goal in a puddle. He rolled the dice, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

I for one didnt find anything about how the Blackman players/students celebrated disrespectful. They had just beat their biggest rival for the first time in school history and won a district championship for the first time ever, so they celebrated with their teammates and friends. Then they went and got in line and shook hands and celebrated some more. The Riverdale kids would have done the same exact thing!

What I did find disrespectful was the small few of the RHS parents and student behavior after the game. Yelling @ 15-17 years kids that you dont even know is absolutely disgusting. Get a life! Yelling @ your coach that just finished an 8-2 season and just lost a tough game to a good team in a mud bath is absolutely stupid! There is a reason that they are coaching and you are sitting in the stands, shut up and know your roll! Its a shame when adults ruin stuff for kids. That really got under my skin.

As for The Blaze... I was a proud graduate Friday night. I know how it feels to think you are about to beat those guys and then lose it at the end. These kids have been through alot and you never heard them (the players) complain about not getting any respect. They just went out and took care of what they could control. Congrats on your District title, you deserved it! :thumb:

I cant wait to see this game again in two weeks!

There has been alot of talk on this thread about the new playoff format. Justifiably so I might add. I'm a bit surprised no one has commented on the $ aspect of this new format. Instead of 5 championship games in Div. I, we now hav 6 championship games. This means more money at the gate, which means more $ for the TSSAA.

As far as the TSSAA giving a rip about the seeding, well I believe seeding a 3-7 Coffee County team ahead of Oakland just about sums up how much they care about getting the seeding correct.

Don't ever apologize for getting on here and saying what you have to say, no one else from ANY other team does so why not be proud and show it!!! Had a blast cheering with you and your wife last night, I thought it was pretty cool, you on my left, your wife behind me, Mr. Donkey and Mykidsdad infront, and Coach Macs wife on my right, I must say I was surrounded by some pretty great ppl at the game and can't WAIT to be with you guys this Friday at home!!! We need to get together and figure out a way for all of us to sit together so we can have one mass group of cheerers (word?) :lol:

Would love for all of us to find a way to sit together maybe around the 50 yrd line say half to 3/4 of the way up so we can all have a great view. We had a blast with all of you and will be looking forward to many more :lol:

Congrats to the Blackman players/coaches on a GREAT win for their team and their school. This one was LONG over due!!!

I was at the game, and I thought both teams played extremely well considering the circumstances. I think it was a shame that two teams that evenly matched had to play in those type of conditions. I for one, dont blame Coach A for going for 2 at the end. Your chances of making it are just about as good as making a field goal in a puddle. He rolled the dice, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

I for one didnt find anything about how the Blackman players/students celebrated disrespectful. They had just beat their biggest rival for the first time in school history and won a district championship for the first time ever, so they celebrated with their teammates and friends. Then they went and got in line and shook hands and celebrated some more. The Riverdale kids would have done the same exact thing!

What I did find disrespectful was the small few of the RHS parents and student behavior after the game. Yelling @ 15-17 years kids that you dont even know is absolutely disgusting. Get a life! Yelling @ your coach that just finished an 8-2 season and just lost a tough game to a good team in a mud bath is absolutely stupid! There is a reason that they are coaching and you are sitting in the stands, shut up and know your roll! Its a shame when adults ruin stuff for kids. That really got under my skin.

As for The Blaze... I was a proud graduate Friday night. I know how it feels to think you are about to beat those guys and then lose it at the end. These kids have been through alot and you never heard them (the players) complain about not getting any respect. They just went out and took care of what they could control. Congrats on your District title, you deserved it! :lol:

i did not hear a single person yell at the players other than hollering good game or great job! AS far aas going for 2 are then saying that your coach should have gone for 2? I think our coach should have gone for 1 and tie the game up nobody was moving the ball that good to go for 1 in that situation

Don't ever apologize for getting on here and saying what you have to say, no one else from ANY other team does so why not be proud and show it!!! Had a blast cheering with you and your wife last night, I thought it was pretty cool, you on my left, your wife behind me, Mr. Donkey and Mykidsdad infront, and Coach Macs wife on my right, I must say I was surrounded by some pretty great ppl at the game and can't WAIT to be with you guys this Friday at home!!! We need to get together and figure out a way for all of us to sit together so we can have one mass group of cheerers (word?) :thumb:

Would love for all of us to find a way to sit together maybe around the 50 yrd line say half to 3/4 of the way up so we can all have a great view. We had a blast with all of you and will be looking forward to many more 8-)

Cindy and I sit about half way up right on the 50 below the press box, I usually get there around 7 due to flying home from work in N'ville, picking up kids, and taking them to the sitters, going home, change, and fly as fast as I can to the game. LOL Let me know how many ppl you will have with you and I'll ask Cindy to save more seats. She gets there early (usually) and hopefully she can make room for our clan! LOL since everyone on here knows me there's no reason to hide it but you can email me at work abarrett@shoneys.com so we can avoid filling up the website with our planning 8-)

As for The Blaze... I was a proud graduate Friday night. I know how it feels to think you are about to beat those guys and then lose it at the end. These kids have been through alot and you never heard them (the players) complain about not getting any respect. They just went out and took care of what they could control. Congrats on your District title, you deserved it! :thumb:

i did not hear a single person yell at the players other than hollering good game or great job! AS far aas going for 2 are then saying that your coach should have gone for 2? I think our coach should have gone for 1 and tie the game up nobody was moving the ball that good to go for 1 in that situation

No Im not saying that Shad should have gone for 2, but I believe the chances of you kicking successfully in those conditions are about as low as they are if you go for 2 in that situation.

As for the parents, I saw it... There werent many of them, but as it usually is, the small percentage of idiots ruin it for everybody else.

fmrqb02 I respectfully disagree with you I would take my chances kicking the extra point than going for 2. NOBODY was moving the ball so why try to there BUT I AM NOT THE COACH and they dont pay me the big bucks for it that was the decision he made we move on to this week and the playoffs and hopefully we will return the favor in the playoffs