Brentwood Academy vs McCallie

oldwiseone

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably will need more than just "HOPE" this Friday.

Better bring a defense to stop a very dangerous BA offense and an offense that can score.

If not I got a feeling Potter and BA will win this one in a big way.

BA will be playing for a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs.

McCallie will be playing for a #8 thru 12th playoff seed.

Am I being realistic........of course not, but when did "being realistic" become a condition for being a fan of ones team?

McCallie could be playing the Steelers tomorrow and I would want them to "kick Steeler Butt".

Get it?

Somehow, if McCallie were to "kick Steeler Butt" I don't think that would make "Potter livid." Your original post made it sound as though you supported your team primarily to get revenge....

We should all go easy on "Oldwiseone". I have watched just about every game Ralph has coached since he came to BA, and the man is a competitor who would be livid if anyone beats him!

Oldwiseone, BA has improved every week, and while their offense gets a lot of credit, the D is stout. BA's speed is impressive, and it really shows up on the defensive side of the ball. I predict a 21 point (at least) BA win. They have a lot to play for (first round bye and #2 seed). Also, the McCallie vs Potter factor I would believe has worn off, the current Sr's were 9th graders when Ralph last coached there.

I'm with you oldwiseone! I would love to see Ralph stomp around! I'll tigger on my prediction and make it later.

As to the seniors being freshmen, I'm sure their memory is that long! Ralph put my then freshman into his first varsity game. I bet my now senior will be out there doing everything in his power to beat him on Friday. Ralph would expect no less and would be disappointed if he didn't get it. I'm sure that would be one of his legacies to those seniors!

BTW, I will be there to give Ralph a bluemom hug and welcome him back to campus! Then I will say go beat some BA derriere!

Am I being realistic........of course not, but when did "being realistic" become a condition for being a fan of ones team?

McCallie could be playing the Steelers tomorrow and I would want them to "kick Steeler Butt".

Get it?

Somehow, if McCallie were to "kick Steeler Butt" I don't think that would make "Potter livid." Your original post made it sound as though you supported your team primarily to get revenge....

Thank you feverpitch for "getting it". Oldwiseone is the one that did not get it at all. He obviously still resents Potter for leaving his school...as he did not answer that question. Not surprised.

Look.....it's fun. I still wish Potter was the coach at McCallie - he's a great coach. But he isn't, so I want to kick BA's butt and that will make their coach (who happens to be from McCallie) upset. I don't have anything against the man.....he just happens to be one opposing coach whose name I know. I hope evry opposing coach is livid after playing McCallie btw (means we win/won).

Ease up - have some fun. Our coach's name is Witt!

Look.....it's fun. I still wish Potter was the coach at McCallie - he's a great coach. But he isn't, so I want to kick BA's butt and that will make their coach (who happens to be from McCallie) upset. I don't have anything against the man.....he just happens to be one opposing coach whose name I know. I hope evry opposing coach is livid after playing McCallie btw (means we win/won).

Ease up - have some fun. Our coach's name is Witt!

I do remember a few of yours posts getting on others for coming across just the way you do....sarcastic. That is probably why you get called out alot....you can dish it out but not take it. As for hoping that every opposing coach is livid after playing McCallie....we all hope that for our school But, I would think that McCallie's coach has been livid alot this year at you know.....Baylor, BGA, MBA, Father Ryan and Ensworth.

I do give it out more than I can take it (as most of us do). And, yes, you are right....this has been a "humbling" year for the Big Blue. But, all-in-all I really think I just try to keep it real and have some fun. Sorry if you disagree.

On another note, just learned a 17 year old kid from Huntsville that my son plays junior golf with and who we have become good friends of the family, died in a car accident Friday night.

Makes me think about how silly we all act at times.......including me.

R.I.P. Hogan David Vaughn.

My prayers and sympathies to the Vaughn family. Makes one wish we could wrap them in cotton and never let them out of our sight.

While it has been a challenging year, it has also been a rewarding one. Our gentlemen have learned to deal with some adversity and hang together. So to our opponents, enjoy, but don't overlook. We will continue to work and learn and hopefully our "roll" starts today!