District 14A

tigerfan89

I went to Brighton hoping to see a good game and Brighton just took us behind the barn in a laugher 103-53..And it was that ugly.Coach Whitby was up to his usual antics in sitting two players that usually start in Leron Garrett and Calius Hockett.He started a 6'5 player in one of the starting slots that's never played basketball before but did grab about 8 rebounds against JCM the other night and maybe 4 points..But the thing is..no foot work at all and players just drive by and make layups..Maybe grab a couple rebounds but give up 10 layups.But..not blaming him on the loss..or Coach doing that..The truth is what I said earlier..Lake Co doesn't have much height right now and is going to be in a dog fight just about every game..I thought the game with JCM was terrible as far as the free throw shooting but tonight it was bad in everything..Rafael Tyler is the only player that has played pretty good ball the last two games..He scored 28 against JCM and around 21 tonight..Lake Co was behind about 25-17 and then the wheels came off..As Lake Co starting missing free throws,turning the ball over..then they started playing like they were the Harlem Globe trotters..No team work at all..shooting shots that looked terrible..We have a couple boys handling the ball that should be under the basket..We have another that will make 7 shots in a row in warmups ..but when he gets in the game..fumbles the ball and doesn't even hit the back board..We were behind about 24 points at the half and I was told that Coach told Patrick Robertson to stay down low the second half..About a minute into the quarter..he shot a long shot ..didn't hit anything but air..Probably about his fourth shot like that on the night..Anyway..too much 1 on 1 and no passing..All I can say..is Lake co better hope Cody Taylor gets to be eligible..And the Swift boy also..Because the team I see..will be lucky to finish in the top 3..Right now..I'm going with Humboldt..Union City..then Lake Co..And that could change..Maybe put Greenfield,Trenton,Halls and South Fulton over them..I just can't believe what I'm seeing..Does anyone have a paper sack?

When you lose by 50 I was hoping you would say LC played their Middle School kids in that game and you come with two starters was sitting on the bench!!! If Labron James and D-0Wade was the two on the bench then ok but to even talk when you lost BY 50 is crazy!!!!

I would have just played in the traffic after that game and hope i got ran over if I was that coach!!! lol!!

I figured you'd come on over to this site..lol..And I can't say anything..I just gave the details of the game..didn't make any excuses..bad officiating..Just said They out hustled..out jumped and out shot and everything ..outdid us..I never thought anyone would have beat us by 50..Whitby probably could have kept it about a 40 point game or kept Brighton around 90 if he wanted but let the little guys come down and try to score..From what I see..Lake Co does have some athletes..just don't have shooters..Hopefully as the football boys get back and playing a little..things will get better...Then who knows..if we get the two studs back after Christmas..and that's a big if..we just may come on to Memphis..tell Middle College to move over and let Manassas come get some..lol..

Trust me you really dont wont that this year!!!! lol!!!

Middle College gone beat yall this year watch!!!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the worst Union City team i've seen in a long time. Got to view them over in Jackson. They played Bolivar without Their starters in and played even. Josh, K.J., Tyler, Cox, and Kendel are the projected starters. I don't know how startin to guys at 5'7 is goin to work out. Then Josh and K.J. are about 5'10. Kendel is about 6'2. I don't think they will press because of the Bench is very thin. Chipper is my guy but Union City is down in a big way.

007..Would Union City not have some still playing football?

They may have one player that plays football but trust me. I saw the core of there team. It was the worst Union City team i've seen in a while.

Do u think that UC is really that bad? They have won their first two i know they hadn't hit the heart of their schedule! But hey no other team has either they are well coached you know. I have no dog in this fight but they just want roll over you can bet on that! Let's wait a little longer before we say thats the worst UC team i seen in a while! :popcorneater:

Do u think that UC is really that bad? They have won their first two i know they hadn't hit the heart of their schedule! But hey no other team has either they are well coached you know. I have no dog in this fight but they just want roll over you can bet on that! Let's wait a little longer before we say thats the worst UC team i seen in a while! :thumb:

The Tornadoes have Southwind coming up here pretty soon, next I believe...Everyone you talk to from Memphis say they are no joke....I don't give the alma mater much of a chance in that one but I sure hope we don't get beat 50 points...

I have said UC will finish 3rd...Chipper says they will be 1st....I guess they could be anywhere from 3 to 1...But really, when you have gotten used to seeing Mr. Basketball winners, state titles,#1 rankings and 30 win seasons anything less than that is sort of a disappointment....

I thought last year's 20 win season was as good a job coaching as Shane has done since he came to UC....

*Edit*...Saw where Southwind beat Covington last night 90-62....

Bigster...I thought someone was just messing around on the coachT scoreboard...Never would have imagined LC getting beat by 50 points...

No..I was there for every second..I posted just as soon or close to the time I got home..I didn't make any excuses about officials..football players..just that we got our tails kicked..!

The district may be up for grabs..Humboldt boys were getting beat by 10 at Middleton last night in the first quarter..don't know if they won or lost though..and Union City is 2-0 at the moment..,,And of course..I'm sure Lake Co is not going to count their games...I think they should count..I believe they would count them if they won..so count them if you lose..Personally don't think Coach Whitby will take two losses on his resume if he doesn't have to..I believe the Lake Co girls will show a 2-0 record and the boys 0-0..Just my opinion though..And about one of your other post a couple weeks ago..about the tournament in Kentucky..After what I saw..doubt I'll go...I'll follow them in the regular season..spend the holidays relaxing..If the other boys would be eligible ...would change my mind..and on Cody Taylor..looks to be borderline..I thought if him and Swift did become eligible that since school is out somewhere around the 18th..that they should have their grades and maybe bee eligible ,since the semester was over..But I was told the other night that even if they did become eligible..couldn't play until the next semester actually started...so if that's the case..that will be around Jan. 3 or so..And we have no business taking the team we have now to Ill. in Dec and the Kentuckty tournament..If we do..going to be about 8 more losses..!

bigster...I may try to make a couple of the games at Graves County...It's on my way home from work...I'm telling you though, that thing is set up for Graves to win....They picked us as the opening game...They wouldn't play us back when Hatcher was coach...They would play us in the summer at camps and get beat down, then wouldn't return calls from Shane to schedule a regular season game...I think Shane will probably use them scheduling us first as motivation...I hear from my brother,who is the Sports Editor of the paper up there, that Graves County is suppose to be Sweet 16 good this year...They went to Rupp last year and played in the Sweet 16....

Here's an update out of Humboldt, the viking's are sporting a 2-1 record three games into this season with a win over Martin-Westview 58-57, a loss to Middleton 67-70 & a win tonight over GC 70-65. I haven't had the chance to catch a game yet. But I hear this team is going to be pretty good, their fairly young & should develop as the season gets going!

Well, the Jackets bounced back from a bad loss at Perry Co. to beat Gleason at Gleason. The Jackets won by about 12 or 13 points. Wes Clark and Heath Crouse lit it up tonight. They will have to do that all year if the Jackets want to win many games. Our lack of height hurt us tonight. Ben Sumner, a six foot four inch kid, is a ballplayer, and he singlehandedly kept the Bulldogs in the game. The Bulldogs will win some games in district 13A.

I believe we will see better what the Jackets are gonna tomorrow night when they play at Dresden. Our first 6 games are on the road! Also, our six foot 4 inch center is hurt right now. Maybe he will help with our lack of height when he gets back in a few games. But, he's young, and he's not very physical.

Here's an update out of Humboldt, the viking's are sporting a 2-1 record three games into this season with a win over Martin-Westview 58-57, a loss to Middleton 67-70 & a win tonight over GC 70-65. I haven't had the chance to catch a game yet. But I hear this team is going to be pretty good, their fairly young & should develop as the season gets going!

Humboldt's nowhere near as good as years past. Gibson Co. played with Humboldt all night and had several chances to lead in this game. Dunbar and the other big man for Humboldt outrebounded GC all night as we were undersized. Humboldt is good, don't get me wrong, just nowhere near as good as last year. It was a great game tonight and a great atmosphere. Just wished GC could've pulled that out.