Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

That's some good stuff bud. A lot of people can't seem to remember back beyond 3 or 4 years, and while DB losing in the first round 3 of the last 4 years is certainly fair game for comment, it's hardly representative of the history of the program. So since 1995 South is 9-12 in the playoffs with 7 first round losses, and missed the playoffs entirely twice. Over the same time period DB is 18-14 in the playoffs with 5 first round losses, and did not miss the playoffs.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris is definitely out, but I haven't heard if Dbo or Slaughter is getting the start. If we're going to go down (and it would be a shock if we didn't) it would sure be nice to at least be at full strength, but I guess it will be good experience for the youngsters. I am glad Chris has another year and doesn't have to end things this way.

I think Coach Clark is going through the tough lesson that Coach Stubbs went through last year… you shouldn’t hang MOST of your offense on one player. There are some talented kids in the background that never really get discovered until the starter suffers an injury… case and point Keenan Shepard for THS. He came in for an injured J. Baker as he sat out a game for precaution. Shepard (in his first ever start) scored 4 touchdowns in his day view as a sophomore, and has been the Viking workhorse to this day. I was actually impressed with the way DB moved the ball this year AFTER CS went out with an injury in the THS game. And in 08’ Sylvester was even more impressive (rushing for over 100 yards and 2 TDs) when CS (with something like 8 yards in 10 carries up to that point) went out with the injury in that game. This is nothing against CS because I know he is a beast, but it’s easy for other teams to shut your offense down when you have one “go to” player that all the offense is surrounding.

Chris is definitely out, but I haven't heard if Dbo or Slaughter is getting the start. If we're going to go down (and it would be a shock if we didn't) it would sure be nice to at least be at full strength, but I guess it will be good experience for the youngsters. I am glad Chris has another year and doesn't have to end things this way.

I think Coach Clark is going through the tough lesson that Coach Stubbs went through last year… you shouldn’t hang MOST of your offense on one player. There are some talented kids in the background that never really get discovered until the starter suffers an injury… case and point Keenan Shepard for THS. He came in for an injured J. Baker as he sat out a game for precaution. Shepard (in his first ever start) scored 4 touchdowns in his day view as a sophomore, and has been the Viking workhorse to this day. I was actually impressed with the way DB moved the ball this year AFTER CS went out with an injury in the THS game. And in 08’ Sylvester was even more impressive (rushing for over 100 yards and 2 TDs) when CS (with something like 8 yards in 10 carries up to that point) went out with the injury in that game. This is nothing against CS because I know he is a beast, but it’s easy for other teams to shut your offense down when you have one “go to” player that all the offense is surrounding.

During the game against TH last year, we were bent on trying to run the ball with Chris at all cost and after he got hurt,we put the ball in the air more and then let Justin run wild.It was more of coach Clark changing his offense,than who was running the ball.Justin is a great athlete to this day,but Chris was without question the man back there last year.

Fair points, and I agree that we've probably run Chris too much at times the last couple of years. But there is also an argument that with a back as physical as Chris it helps to run him a lot because it wears the defense down, and as they get tired of the collisions in the second half he can really take over. IMO the main reason we've run him to death this year has more to do with the lack of a consistent passing game than anything, however. Last year that wasn't a problem.

FMI, during the playoffs, is the "reserved" seating area still reserved for season ticket holders (which is very dumb imo) or can us peasants sit there also? I've played 4 yrs at M-Ville at won a few rings so I never had to worry about seating. I always got the best seats in the house (and I'm not talking about the bench either)

[

During the game against TH last year, we were bent on trying to run the ball with Chris at all cost and after he got hurt,we put the ball in the air more and then let Justin run wild.It was more of coach Clark changing his offense,than who was running the ball.Justin is a great athlete to this day,but Chris was without question the man back there last year.

YOU (not surprisingly) missed the entire point because you have your head up your butt (wait… can I say butt on here :thumb: ) thinking I’m looking for a way to down DB or CS. My whole point was the fact that some coaches (Coach Clark) in this case… get one mule and ride it to death until something happens to that mule and they are forced to actually look out in the field to see what other stud is out there. After CS went out Coach Clark was forced to look for other ways, and other players to win the game for him. By the way you only connected on ONE significant pass play in that game (the bomb to Steele). That game was won on the backs of Sylvester’s and Crowford’s ability to effectively run the ball and your defense… so don’t kid yourself. If it were me I would have split the carries between the two different styles of RBs to keep opponents off balance, because to this day (as you put it) CS has NO lateral moves. He won’t be able to run over everybody when you play these bigger stronger teams… and we have seen that statement become fact this year. You have to know that’s going to ring true at the next level.

In most cases when someone is wrong 80% of the time eventually they will fade away to where ever all the wrong people fade away to. But Crap1 just keeps churning it out. Its really simple why Clark has rode Sensabaugh's back for two years. A weak offensive line. Sensabaugh is the only back we have than can stand up to the continued beating week after week. And he has played hurt most of the season and still rushed for over 1,000 yrds. About 800 of that was after getting hit in the backfield.

In most cases when someone is wrong 80% of the time eventually they will fade away to where ever all the wrong people fade away to. But Crap1 just keeps churning it out. Its really simple why Clark has rode Sensabaugh's back for two years. A weak offensive line. Sensabaugh is the only back we have than can stand up to the continued beating week after week. And he has played hurt most of the season and still rushed for over 1,000 yrds. About 800 of that was after getting hit in the backfield.

His body will start to break down at the age of 25 next year. You can't stay young forever.

His body will start to break down at the age of 25 next year. You can't stay young forever.

Your brain broke down at the age of 5.

FMI, during the playoffs, is the "reserved" seating area still reserved for season ticket holders (which is very dumb imo) or can us peasants sit there also? I've played 4 yrs at M-Ville at won a few rings so I never had to worry about seating. I always got the best seats in the house (and I'm not talking about the bench either)

NO! Peasants can not sit in my reserved seats. :popcorneater: Seriously, it is first come first served during the playoffs. I am usually the one who has to get there early, from my crew, at playoff time. I usually still get my regular seats, but I have to claim them.