Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way you are always name dropping about all the people you know around here. but when it comes to to the games you love to see them loose. what a friend. gald not all of Tenn, H fans are like you

Say what you want Memphis, but I have listened to DB posters down played Maryville for years now by saying that they wouldn't win all those games in your league. Well... time to put your money were your mouth is. By the way... no grudges here. I just think it's time for DB to give credit where it is due. This whole experience is going to be a BIG eye opener for DB fans, players, and coaches. It was for us. You are about to see a REAL football tradition... and they even have visitors stands that you can actually see the game from. ;) If DB were playing anyone else I wouldn't be right there behind them to represent the NET. But I just think it's time to give credit where credit is due. ;)

By the way my team is Tennessee High... 27 to 12 WINNERS over DB this year. :lol:

Don't know what "posters" cap1 is referring to, but I can tell you Maryville fans that when it comes to Maryville football, it is spoken with respect in the DB circles! I'm a lifelong fan, graduate, player and all my sons played for DB. I would also tell you that Tn High managed to win the DB game this year, after many straight loses in a row. Crap1 you need to go back to your own thread and post on the 5A, remember we'll see you at our house next year; that is if you don't get your way by the "whine and cry" method wanting another home game against DB(3 of the last 4 years have been at your house)!

You may be a DB lifer but you are a ROOKIE on these boards... and while many DB posters are straight up and give respect to Maryville, there are a few that don't. And I can probably go back and find the posts... because I know, AND they know who they are. And you can talk about last year, the years before that, and even next year... but this year you finished FOURTH in a conference of eight, behind THREE 5A teams. Now put that in your peace pipe and smoke it! :lol: By the way... I'm not a rookie and my momma always told me to respect my elders. So watch your tone young man. ;)

You may be a DB lifer but you are a ROOKIE on these boards... and while many DB posters are straight up and give respect to Maryville, there are a few that don't. And I can probably go back and find the posts... because I know, AND they know who they are. And you can talk about last year, the years before that, and even next year... but this year you finished FOURTH in a conference of eight, behind THREE 5A teams. Now put that in your peace pipe and smoke it! ;) By the way... I'm not a rookie and my momma always told me to respect my elders. So watch your tone young man. ;)

Cap1, I would say you're a few years my junior and don't let the gray hair make a coward out of you, you old bird! :lol: Believe me, I'm not a rookie! But you my friend are a one year wonder! Like I said, get off this thread and go tender your poison somewhere else! If you got something constructive to say about DB/Maryville, then by all means feel free to do so! :lol:

Will CS be good to go for the Tribe? I know he was battling an injury a few weeks ago.

Chris has been tough this year and played a lot when he wasn't 100%.Next friday is a long time away and I don't have any ideal if he or a few others will play.We have several that are hurt or not with the team from when we last saw Maryville.This was a young team to begain with and we are really very happy to be playing next week.We will go with what 11 we have and I'm very proud of the fight this bunch has given in 2009

The nostalgia alone in the game is amazing, Maryville and KPDB...goodness!!!! Its like Sinatra on stage with Bing Crosby!

You got it man! Just doesn't get much better, two winning traditions with respect to the game and it's players! Looking forward to the travel, I haven't been to your stadium for a few years - sure hope I can still find it! I think starsnbars laid the travel plan/directions to perfection! See ya there! :lol:

It's ok 2004,you have a great team this year and we all get a little excited.Had the tables been turned over the last several years,I would probably have some built up frustrations towards TH.I've seen my bunch win over the locals plenty,so a couple of bad games in one year is part of it.

See what I mean. Even as they come to the close of a loosing season... we still get the backhanded comments.

Aint nutthin backhanded about it. Who has been your daddy for the past 20 some years? You Pedro Martinez look alike contest winner. We don't like you , you don't like us, go play on your thread.

No lack of respct toward Maryville from K-Town. Why do you think we scrimmage year after year. To be the best you have to beat the best. The train runs through Maryville for state.