Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,there will be a couple that I hope get lost,but for the most part,the best fans that I've ever seen for backing their team on the road.

BatmanDB, There was a fellow from the NET that said he was going to come down and watch Maryville a few years back. I made a post on Coach T and asked him how he liked the game and he said he got lost at the split on Alcoa Highway and drove all the way to Heritage High School and saw that the lights were out and never found the stadium. If you want I can look through the old posts and see if I can figure out who it was and he can lead the "get lost" group for you... :roflol: :roflol:

:roflol:

I was hoping they couldn't find their way back from our game at South.Get this,a couple of fans talking about changing into blue before a game with South.One of them is a parent of a kid that's on the team.I might not be the best dad in the world,but I'm no Benedict Arnold.I hate to have known that young mans dad,because I'll have to allways set that away in the future and just try to pull for the boy as part of the Tribe

Its funny how we hate on each other during the year..and when it comes play-off time we got each others back..ain,t quite figured that out yet :lol: ..but Rep the N.east well D-B ..good luck and this vikings pullin for ya :thumb:

You nailed it! We rant and rave on each other being close rivals during the regular season, but we are all proud of our teams and want them to be #1 in the conference! But then, here come the playoffs when we face different teams from different quads/regions and then we are all for our local boys! I support E Tn football and I say God bless these boys and ask Him to keep all from injury. Couch qb, I am pulling for your team also! ROLL TRIBE! :hungry:

I've never been down to Maryville to see you all play, and I'm looking forward to going down there to watch D-B. but i'm just wondering, what is the atmosphere is like during the games?

The best way to describe the atmosphere at Maryville is intimate. There is no track at the stadium and the fans are real close to the field and close to each other even though there are home and visitors stands.

Parking is not a problem if you are familiar with the area. If you are from out of town it might seem confusing. There are parking lots in front of the school but they fill up fast. Parking on the street is allowed, but only park in the marked spaces on the street.

There are four gates to get in the stadium: Cedar Street Home Gate, Cedar Street Visitors Gate, Broadway Gate (home side) and a gate behind the gym. D-B fans could use any gate, but I would avoid the Cedar Street home gate because you have to walk too far to get to your seats. Cedar Street is closed during games, just walk down to the visitors side and you won't have to walk all the way around the field. You can only cross from the home to visitors side on the east end of the field.

Its funny how we hate on each other during the year..and when it comes play-off time we got each others back..ain,t quite figured that out yet :lol: ..but Rep the N.east well D-B ..good luck and this vikings pullin for ya :thumb:

You nailed it! We rant and rave on each other being close rivals during the regular season, but we are all proud of our teams and want them to be #1 in the conference! But then, here come the playoffs when we face different teams from different quads/regions and then we are all for our local boys! I support E Tn football and I say God bless these boys and ask Him to keep all from injury. Couch qb, I am pulling for your team also! ROLL TRIBE! :hungry:

Thats all nice and everything, warm and fuzzy, and makes you feel good to say you'll be pulling for the teams in your region. But its really like the ole' saying, "That and 50 cents will buy you a cup of coffee". When you get into the playoffs its you against the team in front of you. Regions don't matter, who else is pulling for you don't matter, its your team against their team. Who ever plays the best and scores the most will win. Maryville will probably be favored by at least 21. I hope DB will make it closer.

Well WaCo, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I said what I meant and mean what I say. Raw football is US vs THEM, put more points on the board and you win - plain and simple. No touchy-feely stuff here on my part, just that I do support upper east Tn football! I hope that the tribe can put more points on the board than Maryville, we'll definitley will have to play our best football. ROLL TRIBE!

Its funny how we hate on each other during the year..and when it comes play-off time we got each others back..ain,t quite figured that out yet :lol: ..but Rep the N.east well D-B ..good luck and this vikings pullin for ya :hungry:

You nailed it! We rant and rave on each other being close rivals during the regular season, but we are all proud of our teams and want them to be #1 in the conference! But then, here come the playoffs when we face different teams from different quads/regions and then we are all for our local boys! I support E Tn football and I say God bless these boys and ask Him to keep all from injury. Couch qb, I am pulling for your team also! ROLL TRIBE! :thumb:

Thats all nice and everything, warm and fuzzy, and makes you feel good to say you'll be pulling for the teams in your region. But its really like the ole' saying, "That and 50 cents will buy you a cup of coffee". When you get into the playoffs its you against the team in front of you. Regions don't matter, who else is pulling for you don't matter, its your team against their team. Who ever plays the best and scores the most will win. Maryville will probably be favored by at least 21. I hope DB will make it closer.

YA THINK!! :lol: Here i am trying to be all supportive and stuff and WACO has to come on here and be a ..well..WACO. I said what i meant and meant what i said so.. to the D-B team and fans GOOD LUCK and go gettem..but to you WACO you can pull that Viking Horn outta your backside thats been there a few weeks and kiss it B)

WaCo,

I remember you picked Maryville to win it all back a couple weeks ago. I believe you even said you were 120% accurate on your pick. Just curious, is Maryville still your #1 pick. We have been waiting for them to deliver that Gold Ball but it looks like they want to play about 5 more games. :thumb:

Look crotch qb, Maybe you can point out a time in history where Viking fans pulling for DB has ever scored a point in the playoffs for DB? Or vise-versa? All im saying is DB is on their on here. Its up to the players and coaches and just maybe the DB fans in the stands will help out. There won't be any Viking fans or South fans, or Daniel Boone fans in Maryville Friday night. Its all fine and dandy to say you support the upper east tn. teams here on CoachT, but I'd be willing to bet my life that if it is announced at the TH game friday night that Maryville is beating DB there will be high fives all over the place. I know how you roll in Bristol. :thumb:

WaCo,

I remember you picked Maryville to win it all back a couple weeks ago. I believe you even said you were 120% accurate on your pick. Just curious, is Maryville still your #1 pick. We have been waiting for them to deliver that Gold Ball but it looks like they want to play about 5 more games. :thumb:

Well I'd love to see DB bring home the "W" from Maryville Friday night, even if it did prove me wrong. But im also a realist. We're just way down this year and you guys are......well... Maryville. But we'll be back in form next year with a few corrections. I hope this turns out to be a good game though. It would help our younger guys in the off season.