Stewart Co. vs. Milan - 1st Round Matchup

Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BulldogFan#2.. You bet. I look for the Bulldogs to make it back to the finals again. Looks like Camden in the quarters and Goodpasture in the semi's to me. Congratulations on the undefeated season again this year. Wow...

Thanks - You guys where the last team to beat us in the regular season, not that regular season is the goal but it is pretty cool to have back to back 10-0. Congrats on a good year to the Stangs. I thought you guys might get the Rebels last night but didn't happen. Good Luck rest of the way. I will be pulling for you all the way to Cookeville.

Wow...just looked at the brackets. Looks like Milan's quarter and Goodpasture quarter are "less than" loaded. I'm not sure I understand the seatings of the lower tier teams, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Based on last nights win at CC, Milan has a real shot this year. I know its early, but Milan has a chance. Looks like the Camden-Manassess winner and Goodpasture will be tough games. Milan will have to have an answer for the big uglies at Alcoa but Milan probably has better folks at the skill positions, IMHO. But that's a long way away. Good luck Milan and I hope to see you in Cookeville. Not sure how Milan gets a 6 win team at #8 when there are 3 win teams with higher seeds...wierd. Bulldog Fan 2, do you understand.

Wow...just looked at the brackets. Looks like Milan's quarter and Goodpasture quarter are "less than" loaded. I'm not sure I understand the seatings of the lower tier teams, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Based on last nights win at CC, Milan has a real shot this year. I know its early, but Milan has a chance. Looks like the Camden-Manassess winner and Goodpasture will be tough games. Milan will have to have an answer for the big uglies at Alcoa but Milan probably has better folks at the skill positions, IMHO. But that's a long way away. Good luck Milan and I hope to see you in Cookeville. Not sure how Milan gets a 6 win team at #8 when there are 3 win teams with higher seeds...wierd. Bulldog Fan 2, do you understand.

Yea, Lewis Co. was an auto qualifier because they finished in the top half of thier sub district. Stewart Co. and Westview were wildcards and we could have a district rematch with Westview so that meant we get Stewart. Remember at this stage of the season it is 1 game at a time. Doesn't have to be pretty but just has to be a W!!! Go Bulldogs!!

Bulldogs are way too strong for most of these teams. They should be able to name their score in the 1st two rounds. The quarters will get a bit tougher, but Milan should control either team they face. It does look going in that Goodpasture should make the semi's. I would like to see that rematch. I think Milan should meet Alcoa one more time. Can't wait to see how it plays out. I love HS football in Nov!!!

I wouldn't worry guys. Lewis County is much stronger with 3 wins than Stewart with 6. You won't have any problems.

Papatiger, that almost sounds a little sarcastic. Is Lewis actually better than Stewart? Did you see both during the year?

No sarcasm meant. I did see Stewart play, they are not as good as last year's Stewart team, didn't really impress me even though they did beat my Tigers. The reason I say this is the fact that Lewis has continually improved over the year and are very well coached. They have a long standing tradition of good football. Would not be surprised to see them give Camden a battle. But I just don't see Stewart giving you guys much resistance. Our district is pretty weak other than Creek Wood (4A) and Camden.