Stewart Co. vs. Milan - 1st Round Matchup

Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa dominated Milan last year? I would say we got beat, 0-0 midway through the 2nd quarter,

if I remember. Alcoa punt return, with a push in the back that didn't get called and a 28-14

final score.

Again, you are just wrong.....

7-0 after 1 qtr

13-0 at the half,

28-7 after 3....(game essentially over)

and Milan 1's score (finally on offense) on the F3's.....late.

Time of possession= F5 31:27 Milan 16:33

I have a film of it if you need it, or you can just go here.

http://www.tssaa.org/2008Champions/StateFootball/class2A/box.htm

I really don't care who we play, you just help make sure that the Dogs don't get euthanized before the finals.

Thanks for posting this!!!! Milan had a great team last year but anyone who was at the title game knows that Alcoa flat out dominated the game. It was never really in doubt after the halftime intermission. Milan did play with effort and Williamson was a beast throughout the game HOWEVER in the end it really wasn't an "exciting" game to me.

Marion County on the other hand did play Alcoa very tight last year in the state semifinals. That was a great contest.

Alcoa dominated Milan last year? I would say we got beat, 0-0 midway through the 2nd quarter,

if I remember. Alcoa punt return, with a push in the back that didn't get called and a 28-14

final score.

Again, you are just wrong.....

7-0 after 1 qtr

13-0 at the half,

28-7 after 3....(game essentially over)

and Milan 1's score (finally on offense) on the F3's.....late.

Time of possession= F5 31:27 Milan 16:33

I have a film of it if you need it, or you can just go here.

http://www.tssaa.org/2008Champions/StateFootball/class2A/box.htm

I really don't care who we play, you just help make sure that the Dogs don't get euthanized before the finals.

Thanks for posting this!!!! Milan had a great team last year but anyone who was at the title game knows that Alcoa flat out dominated the game. It was never really in doubt after the halftime intermission. Milan did play with effort and Williamson was a beast throughout the game HOWEVER in the end it really wasn't an "exciting" game to me.

Marion County on the other hand did play Alcoa very tight last year in the state semifinals. That was a great contest.

i was at the game. but for a few coaching blunders and a costly turnover on milan's side, then this would have been a game that could have went either way. no way alcoa dominated. however they did benefit from milan's mistakes. now let's quit making this a thread about alcoa/milan and get back to taking one game at a time.

I find it funny that Alcoa thought they dominated the title game last year. WOW. Take off your maroon tinted glasses. I also thought it funny that there was a thread about Alcoa being the best football team in Tennessee regardless of classification. I doubt they are even the best 3A team. Alcoa has best O line in the state, a very good D line, great coach, and good fans. But other than that they are just better than average to good. Seriously. That may or may not be good enough to win the gold ball this year. Milan, if they stay focused on each opponent, should have a chance to win.

Passing Stats:

Alcoa: Chase James 2-5, 15 yds

Milan: Justin coleman 2-11, 2 ints, 4 yds

Rushing Stats:

Alcoa: Jaron Toney 25 for 106 yds, 1 TD

Alcoa: Taharin Tyson 10 for 41 yds, 0 TD

Milan: Williamson 5 for 64 yds, 0 TD

1st Downs:

Alcoa 13

Milan 6

Penalties:

Alcoa 6 for 60 yds

Milan 5 for 37 yds

Scoring by quarters

1st: AHS 7 MHS 0, 2nd: AHS 13 MHS 0, 3rd: AHS 28 MHS 7, 4th: AHS 28 MHS 14

Total Yards:

Alcoa 60 for 172 yds

Milan 39 for 135 yds

Rushing Total Yards:

Alcoa 54 for 154 yds

Milan 28 for 131 yds

Fumbles:

Alcoa 0

Milan 1-1

Punts:

Alcoa 5 for 29 yds

Milan 5 for 32 yds

First downs were the key, and field position. Milan covers a punt and its a 7 pt game. Domination is what Alcoa had in for Goodpasture in the years prior to 2008.

Back to main topic, Milan should be facing Alcoa again. Avery Williamson should get the nod for Mr. Football.

I heard that Stewart Co. runs the triple option offense. If Milan stacks the box and keeps outside contain, they'll win by as many as they want.

Don't sleep on Stewart County. I am not saying they are going to win but I am saying that they will play physical and go from whistle to whistle hitting you. Their 6-4 record was no "fluke". The Rebels have put together 3 solid years in a row now and this large group of 15+ seniors will not be ready to get embarrassed this week.

.....stats mean nothing JohnnieHaleStadium. Alcoa beat Milan rather convincingly last year and if the 2 play again this year then it will be a similar result. Milan is great. Alcoa is better!

i was at the game. but for a few coaching blunders and a costly turnover on milan's side, then this would have been a game that could have went either way. no way alcoa dominated. however they did benefit from milan's mistakes. now let's quit making this a thread about alcoa/milan and get back to taking one game at a time.

"should have"

"would have"

"could have"

That is all I am reading :blink::?: