Stewart Co. vs. Milan - 1st Round Matchup

Bulldog Fan #2

Thanks for posting this!!!! Milan had a great team last year but anyone who was at the title game knows that Alcoa flat out dominated the game. It was never really in doubt after the halftime intermission. Milan did play with effort and Williamson was a beast throughout the game HOWEVER in the end it really wasn't an "exciting" game to me.

Marion County on the other hand did play Alcoa very tight last year in the state semifinals. That was a great contest.

i was at the game. but for a few coaching blunders and a costly turnover on milan's side, then this would have been a game that could have went either way. no way alcoa dominated. however they did benefit from milan's mistakes. now let's quit making this a thread about alcoa/milan and get back to taking one game at a time.

"should have"

"would have"

"could have"

That is all I am reading :blink::wacko:

:flower:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sleep on Stewart County. I am not saying they are going to win but I am saying that they will play physical and go from whistle to whistle hitting you. Their 6-4 record was no "fluke". The Rebels have put together 3 solid years in a row now and this large group of 15+ seniors will not be ready to get embarrassed this week.

.....stats mean nothing JohnnieHaleStadium. Alcoa beat Milan rather convincingly last year and if the 2 play again this year then it will be a similar result. Milan is great. Alcoa is better!

I agree. Anyone is beatable in the playoffs and upsets do happen. I just believe Milan has the size up front and the speed in the secondary to be able to contain the big plays. However, if Stewart Co. gets the 3-4 yards per carry and keeps that clock rolling, like this offense is aimed to do, Stewart Co. could very well keep this a ball game.

If anyone wants to see the triple option run to perfection, check out this years Georgia Tech team. They started out unranked and now are in the top 10 in the BCS running this triple option offense. I love watching it being ran, especially with a Georgia Tech team. Looking forward to Friday night!!!!

Tired of all the last year Milan-Alcoa talk...it's over..but Alcoa did have to rely on 2 "trick plays" to score (halfback pass on 4th down and a reverse on a punt return where an obivious block in the back wasn't called) so to say Alcoa "dominated" is a stretch..Alcoa: enjoy your titles (and work with your O line on blocking Avery Williamson) but don't dog your victims...it could come back to haunt you. And since Alcoa accepts players from all over east Tennessee, if they pay tuition, should'nt they be considered financial aid D1 or DII just like the privates?