Oakand at MT Juliet

2priceless

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland has no idea what is coming for them. Roger Perry is head and shoulders above ANY coach in Rutherford Co. and it will be obvious come Friday night. It is different when a fantastic coach has minimal talent, but Perry has just as much talent as Oakland. Murfreesboro schools make me sick because they are so overconfident. Who wouldn't be good if you had a million kids to choose from.

MJ 24

Oak 13

Oakland has no idea what is coming for them. Roger Perry is head and shoulders above ANY coach in Rutherford Co. and it will be obvious come Friday night. It is different when a fantastic coach has minimal talent, but Perry has just as much talent as Oakland. Murfreesboro schools make me sick because they are so overconfident. Who wouldn't be good if you had a million kids to choose from.

MJ 24

Oak 13

Can't let this one go without comment. In the 5 years prior to the 2008 season, Oakland won a combined total of 14 games. Last year, in his first season at Oakland, Tommy McDaniel came in and guided the Patriots to a 13 - 1 record and handed out Class 5A State Championship rings to all of his players. The fact that Murfreesboro schools has a million kids to choose from actually makes his accomplishment that much greater. You see, those million kids have 4 6A schools in Murfreesboro and 2 more 6A schools in the same county to choose from.

I refuse to bash MJ for ANY reason. Your team has had an outstanding year and have posted a record to be proud of. However, whining because you think Murfreesboro is loaded with talent and slighting an outstanding coach, even if it is backhanded, is just petty and childish.

I wish you the best of luck come Friday night. I hope your offense is up to the challenge they are about to receive. I hope our defense lives up to their potential. I hope you have a nice day.

MJ 24

Oak 13

Bold prediction, but I like it. I also like the fact that someone brought up something about the coaches of these teams. Both have tremendous coaches. Coach Perry is a veteran that knows what he is doing. Very hard nosed and disciplined. He surrounds himself with like minded coaches which transfers over to his players. His record speaks for itself.

Now Tommy McDaniel is an outstanding coach as well. Very intense, fired up individual. He has progressed into one of the top coaches in Middle Tennessee. What he and his coaching staff have done at Oakland is tremendous.

This should be a great game with some intense action. The team that wins this game puts themselves in great posistion to make a run at the gold ball (quater-finals will be tough). I was going to go to the Farragut game, til I saw this 1st round match-up. It is a little drive for me, but it will be worth it. Best of luck to both coaching staffs that I am sure have worked extremely hard. The players will be fired up. Still an unbelievable 1st round match-up. Great work TSSAA (not)

n

Oh no Marked din't!

Anyways... He the kid didn't know Murfreesboro has 4 other schools in the Boro alone so its not like all the kids are just going to Oakland.. I have ALWAYS said Oakland could be GREAAT since I was a freshman at Oakland (04) but the coaching isn't there. The coaching is at Oakland now obviously.. I think this game will be a close one tho.. I hoping Oakland wins this one obviously.. Oakland has the playmakers to put any game out of reach but thats not the way they play.. More than likely Oakland wins by a TD or less.. I'm thinking 13-6..

MJ 24

Oak 13

Well partner, unless Perry is going to be playing in this game I don't see how they have an advantage. He will not be coaching against McGavock, Portland, and Hendersonville.

You better watch out, you better not cry--someone is about to under-estimate th bears scoring capabilities B) I've 3 games and they avg. over 40 pts. :lol: I've seen one Oaktale game and they barely could amount any offense :lol: Should be the 2nd best game in the state friday night :roflol:

Oaktale? Anyway, this must have been a District game, I promise, you should judge our offense by our non district games, not district games. Smyrna, Blackman, Riverdale, Siegel, Oakland are some of the best defenses in the state :roll:

I cannot really forsee this game being of the high scoring variety. 17-10, 14-10, something of that nature sounds about right to me. To the person that referred to the Riverdale game, yes they did move it pretty well, and yet still only came away with 10 points in regulation.

The key to beating Oakland's defense is a well balanced. If you are one dimensional or if Oakland can make you one dimensional, teams usually do not fare well against Oakland. I can easily see this game going either way, but I think this is where Oakland's brutual schedule starts paying dividends. If for no other reason, I like the Z Plan just for the mere fact that this will not be a familiar opponent in round 1.

Well Well Well......look who is FINALLY back!! We have worried about you BOY! Where have you been? Oh, and super glad to see you back! Your input has been sadly missed.

Just getting a place of my own and getting the cable/internet. It is good to be back. You wouldnt happen to spare me a plus membership would you? :lol: