Roy's Playoff Matchups From My Murphy Fair Book

Roy Dillard

We have to get by boldt or douglas before we can cpm$e visit the rebels. But I am gad everyone thinks we are push overs. Makes it even more fun. I think we matchup pretty well with you guys we will just have to wait and see. I stood next to the gate when you guys ran out after halftime. I would give you good size but not big. Did like the athleticism they showed though.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Butchie is saying is that we have some big ol' boys that can knock a hole in that line. And if we knock alot of holes in the lines of the teams we play, we have some real fast runners that can get thru that hole quick. Roy's advice is nothing new to McKenzie, we have been liftin them weights and wearing them ankle weights for a while. :roflol:

NO disrespect intended for the REBELS, but you guys aint big. Very good ball team, but not big. I say again you guys are a good ball team but you are not big. Sometimes it is better to just have the kids that want to execute than it is to have the biggest boys.

My time to chime............What is the definition of big. We may not have any linemen over 6ft but we do have some beef up front, 280, 260, 250, 230 and 220. 3 of those squat over 500 lbs. and the other 2 squat 450. 4 of them bench 300 or better so to me that is big and I will also throw in that all run a 5 or under. You may think I'm joking but I'm NOT. Yes, we do not have the 6'3 or 6'4 300 lb boys, but I would put our boys against any team any time. Don't let that size fool you.........on second thought, please do.........

If you think that is big, you should have seen Hampton in 2007. They had king kong at left tackle on defense. They had a special trailer they pulled behind the bus just to haul his shoes and helmet. You think I'm joking but I'm not.

If you think that is big, you should have seen Hampton in 2007. They had king kong at left tackle on defense. They had a special trailer they pulled behind the bus just to haul his shoes and helmet. You think I'm joking but I'm not.

I'd say that would be a pretty good definition of big then............... :hungry:

He was a sr listed in the program at 6' 7" and 335 pounds. They also had a Sophomore listed at 6' 2" and 300 pounds and he could still be around.