Page @ Creek Wood

tripleoption21

I have been following Page football for 18 yrs just moved backed in 1995 and have seen every game the last 2 years. I do not have kids attending Page or as u say in the south no kin folk attending Page.I do have great knowlege about the game ive made my living for the past 20 years thanks to football. Page is strenth is the defense no dought about it ,there very fast to the ball, very aggresive,very seldom that 1 player makes the tackle its usually 3 or 4 .But the weak spot is the offense QB is very unexperienced Hes not bad just the system they run is for an experienced QB i do agree with 1 post about number #9 he looks like hes been under center a little longer knows what to do with the football.Thought he look more comfortable in the pocket and didnt panic or make bad decisions.I must say there running back#36 wow i do mean wow he can take to the house at any time.He just needs to work hard in the weight room put some mucle and weight on and he could chose what college he will be attending. I hope Page wins i want to see a rematch with Spring Hill on a dry field . GOOOOOOO Pats

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

Both teams had to play on the same field in both of those games last time I checked. Don't be a "homer" to the point at which you think the field is the only thing that kept the other teams in the game. That is an awful comment. You need to just accept the fact that Montgomery Central & Cheatham improved as the year progressed and both of them played hard late in the season despite the losses.

They both played Camden close for a half until the Lions pulled away from both of them in the 2nd half in both games. I suppose the field was only sloppy in the 1st half of both of those games though right?????

Have you ever heard the phrase: Rain is a great equalizer. This phrase applys to the Cheatham and Central games. It may be an awful comment but if you saw the game and have seen Creek Wood play on dry playing surfaces you would know that what i said is very true. I was not saying that Cheatham and Montgomery Central had not improved because they had, but Creek Wood could not run some of their best plays because they didn't have the footing. I saw numerous times when a player could have made one cut and been in the endzone but couldn't do it because they were playing in a mud pit. Creek Wood was out of their element and still won the games. The weather was so bad at Cheatham that Creek Wood wore their old white jerseys and old pants so they didn't ruin their good white uniforms.

photo.php?pid=4340542&id=650040049

It is a pathetic comment. I was at the game. I have seen plenty of Creek Wood on film from this year as well. I can tell you that Creek Wood played Hooper, Smith, Lyle, Adkisson, Bell, Odom, Talley, McConnell, and all of those linemen. Cheatham played hard and played Creek Wood very evenly. THIS WAS NOT CAUSED BY THE WEATHER!!!!! IT WAS NOT CAUSED BY OLD UNIFORMS EITHER!!!!! For you to say that Creek Wood couldn't run "plays" is an "excuse and quite frankly it is a terrible excuse. I am sure that Cheatham wasn't able to run some plays also when you get down to the truth of the matter. Do you see me on here making excuses?????

Good Luck to Creek Wood in the playoffs and I hope the Red Hawks do well out of our district but I must say that you have 1 FAN on here who is totally clueless. "Creek Wood could not run some of their best plays"..........WHAT A JOKE :thumb::roflol:

Wow, this is starting to look like a Giles County thread with all of the arguing.

yeah, FranklyIcantRead ( 8-) ) is a Spring Hill fan, I think. I have no idea why he's even here.

I can't read this coming from a guy that made a long accusation accusing me of something I never said.

Let me inform you of something Mr. PMS Patriot; LOL :thumb:

See I can do that stupid little name game too. I am a Fairview/Indy fan. More of Fairview. I know several of the Page players/parents. That is how I have seen both teams play. You get on here bashing everyone with very little knowledge of the game. You are probably one of those fans that set in the stands yelling at the coaches aren't you? You know the one's I am talking about. The one's that don't have the guts to go talk to the coaches face to face. That is you Mr. PMS Patriot, isn't it? Come on Bigboy man up and show some courage. Kind of like Bulldog said a true Fair weather fan living his life through his youth because you never had the guts to do it yourself.

Wow, this is starting to look like a Giles County thread with all of the arguing.

yeah, FranklyIcantRead ( :thumb: ) is a Spring Hill fan, I think. I have no idea why he's even here.

I can't read this coming from a guy that made a long accusation accusing me of something I never said.

Let me inform you of something Mr. PMS Patriot; LOL 8-)

See I can do that stupid little name game too. I am a Fairview/Indy fan. More of Fairview. I know several of the Page players/parents. That is how I have seen both teams play. You get on here bashing everyone with very little knowledge of the game. You are probably one of those fans that set in the stands yelling at the coaches aren't you? You know the one's I am talking about. The one's that don't have the guts to go talk to the coaches face to face. That is you Mr. PMS Patriot, isn't it? Come on Bigboy man up and show some courage. Kind of like Bulldog said a true Fair weather fan living his life through his youth because you never had the guts to do it yourself.

Dr. Phil, youre a Indy/Fairview fan? Thats an interesting combo. How many Page games have you been to? Just the one were we beat your team by two scores? The one you should have won? I dont remember this thread being about any team youre a fan of. Im sure you have some very insightful information you could bring to those threads. Youre just wasting your time here.

-PageMiddleSchool Patriot. aka Brian Wisdom's mom

see the name game is FUN! 8-)

I agree with you howdoitknow. Both Cheatham County and Montgomery Central are vastly improved from the beginning of the season. Cheatham County has always played Creek Wood tough and Friday night was no exception, regardless of the weather. Coach Finley always has the Cubs ready to play the Red Hawks. The weather made it very tough on both teams. Creek Wood just made a couple of more plays than Cheatham did. Cheatham is going to be very good for the next few years. Much respect for the Cubs from Red Hawk land. :thumb:

It does not matter who we draw we will have to face the best sooner or later. Myself I think the red hawks are the best in their class but we will have to see if I am right. What makes them the best in my opinion is they are playing as a team from top to bottom. It was not like this last year it seemed like everyone was just out to get their own stats. There was a little problem with Hopper at the beginning but he has grown up and become a team player he leads the hawks like a QB should. The red hawks are big up front on both sides of the ball and can play smash mouth football with anyone Oh don’t forget BO, Dalton and TA their play has been great all year. Since Bell has been on the self most of the year Kimo has stepped up big. Cain Smith could raise a stink about how many catches he has (HIS DADDY DOES) LOL hi Stevie but he don’t he knows his catches will come when needed. This is a team and is clicking in all aspects of the game. With Bell back it just puts the icing on the cake this team can pass and run all over you. Then you have that guy named Hopper, which will scare you with the option. The only way the Red hawks will lose is to be out coached and I don’t see that happening we have some great coaches.

I see the hawks beating page by 14 Lets get it on.

I see this game as a very close one 14-13 or something like that.

I would like to hear from howdoitknow on a breakdown of CW since his team has played them and he has sen film.

I have asked CW folks about their view of Giles and SH to get an idea of comparative analysis. Giles did not Page by two TD's and SH did not beat Page by two TD's....and I have a hard time putting CW in that level. I could be wrong but there were only two teams on CW schedule that had decent records.

Would have loved to have seen CW in our district to see if they could have gotten by all three of their fellow ex region teams

If and it is an if...Page gets the passing going...it will be a long night for the CW secondary and it opens up the run for Page. I still say that if Page was fortunate enough to get ahead by 2 TD's ....CW does not have the offense to play catch up....you can't be triple option and passing at the same time.

When I hear about the reviews on the Creekwood offense and its capabilities........they should be ranked much higher...........

How many 4a schools were in that district with CW?

Creek Wood will beat page by 10 or 14, they would beat spring hill but would be a very good game, and they would lose to Giles by 10 or so ON A DRY FIELD..

Howdoitknow Cw would have shredded Cheatham on a dry field and def. through the air. Hooper would have had a field day. Cheathams secondary was straight pathetic he was 4 for 4 in the mud just couldn't hold the ball anymore to throw it pitiful excuse for a field. He would have threwn for 250+ easily.

Cw has a way better qb than page Hooper #8 is very exciting to watch. Big play machine. As is #6 he is a straight beast of a running back. Page has a pretty good d but not as good as Camden who was 9-1 and averaged giving up 8 points a game b4 playing Cw. and 2 tournovers gave camden 2 td's and camden is better than page.

The Fairview game is the only common opponent. Cw won by 21 Page by 10 and by the way fairview scored on the last play of the game and cw's offense shut it down in the 3rd.

Seen film page has a pretty good Rb besides the horrible dance he layed out after the td kickoff return against fairview :thumb::roflol: wow....

Cw will have the best 2 players on the field in #8 and #6 but besides that pretty even ... I expect good game

CW-34

page-20

Somehow I cannot see comparing Camden...a 3a school to 4a schools. Giles would have been a true measuring stick as well as Spring Hill. What else you got.

After seeing such sparkling discription of Creekwood such as "the two best players on the field", a "beast", "big play machine", "run all over you"....wow!!!! There's only one problem with all this and that Page has not allowed anyone to do that since the opener. Have your fun spewing the male hormones.

I looked at the films. Creekwood is much improved..........but can you honestly say that the level of competition in your district was the same as the old Region 5-3a. I will be the first to admit that in our district we had some weak sisters..........but on film......CW is beatable. Cheatham improved dramatically over the year..........but you play like that against us Friday and your season is over.

Battle of wills in this game......coaching?? Ol Jack does his best this time of year.

We made some key personnel changes today that will make us stronger on offense this week.